Advice/stack rating

rushrugby

Awards
19 year old, 5ft 7, 73kg Rugby player
Looking to get to around 80kg in about 2-3 months. Also amateur Triathlete, tend to run semi regular, 16.4 on 25m bleep test. But main focus is to gain mass.

Currently taking:
Usplabs Jack3d pre work out
Optimum Nutrition- Serious Mass
All American EFX 933- Kre Alkalyn (2 tablets after workout with apple/grape juice)

3-4 Workouts per week, pretty solid programme, lots of squats, cleans, push press, deadlifts, bench, wide arm pull.

1RM's
Bench 80kg
Squat 105kg
Push press 60kg
Deadlift 80kg
Power clean 60kg

After any advice on nutrition/programme and general tips much appreciated.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
your choice of supplements is terrible
You could offer some suggestions :p

I do somewhat agree. If you could specify what you specifically want most improvement on (endurance, strength, power, etc.) there are plenty of products that can be suggested to best help depending on goals. Gaining mass will be most dependent on caloric intake rather than any set supplement plan (although they can help).

On a side not if you want more program and nutrition advice I would suggest hitting up those specific parts of the forum for the best suggestions.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep Squats, Deads and Bench your core workouts. I would mix it up however and try to hit every group with lots of moderate weight and high volume.

For instance, don't just squat go for 4-8 reps on squats. Increase the pump while also having decent weight in the mix such as trying 5 sets for 15,15,12,12,10 reps using as much weight as you possibly can for each of those sets. Use Arnold's "shocking principle" as much as possible if you can. Another suggestion, although brutal, is German Volume Training where everything is 10X10 for each core exercise.

Personally, regardless of number of sets and reps, I'd always have at least 1 core training (i.e. bb bench press, bb squats, dead-lifts) and a couple of isolation routines just to make sure I'm taxing every muscle fiber in that muscle group.

rushrugby

Awards
your choice of supplements is terrible
What's wrong exactly,
Serious mass has low fast release carbs.
Is there a better creatine?
Jack3d is just makes it more enjoyable

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's wrong exactly,
Serious Mass has 250g CHO from mostly Maltodextrin. That is an insane amount in a single serving (I've never even had that much malto in a PWO shake before). If you really need the calories I guess its "alright" but far from optimal IMO.

I personally think Kre-alk is crap (some might disagree :rolleyes: ), but I'd recommend either just dirt cheap Creapure (creatine monohydrate) or Magnesium Creatine Chelate (something like Controlled Labs Green Mag or Omega Sports Trinite or SNS MCC caps).

As another personal preference I really don't enjoy the DMAA in Jack3d, but if you like it as a stim then Jack3d is fine. However there are other great pre-workouts that provide benefits besides just a stim rush.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could offer some suggestions :p

I do somewhat agree. If you could specify what you specifically want most improvement on (endurance, strength, power, etc.) there are plenty of products that can be suggested to best help depending on goals. Gaining mass will be most dependent on caloric intake rather than any set supplement plan (although they can help).

On a side not if you want more program and nutrition advice I would suggest hitting up those specific parts of the forum for the best suggestions.
if he searched on the forums he would find his answers in two minutes

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's wrong exactly,
carbs as in sugar and its full of empty calories. if you want to put on body fat and just want pure size whether its fat or muscle, then sure, take it.

some people liked jack3d, i personally dont. i crash off of it and have to take 4 scoops to feel anything. be careful with how much creatine you are taking cause jack3d already has creatine in it. and yes, mono is the only proven creatine to actually work

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have Serious Mass, if you're going to use it use half a serving. Up Your Mass has a great carb blend but soy protein... Take it or leave it. Look into Real Gains 85g carbs per shake...
Find a nice whey like ON Performance Whey or Sport Pharma Just Whey.

Creatine, mono works that sure many companies offer pure bulk German mono for under $15. Storm is nice as in it contains multiple creatines but it's a bit more pricey.

A Pre Work Out? Well I tried a lot and SuperSize surprised me. Def worth a purchase especially here for $20! Others to look at is Animal Rage, just pure stims. Out of most PWO now a day I think the majority of them suck.... I'm being honest but SuperSize was enjoyable.

U can do all this for right around $100.
Just Whey $30
Real Gains $40
Monohydrate $12
SuperSize $20

Give or take a few $$ here and there.