Can't lift for weeks and want to preserve muscle

1. Question Can't lift for weeks and want to preserve muscle

Due to injuries and upcoming surgery, I can't lift for at least 6 weeks. I will be doing some moderate intensity cardio during this time. I would appreciate anyone's advice on supplements that would minimalize muscle loss during this off time. I am considering making a 6-oxo/7-oxo transdermal. BCAAs, L-glutamine and milk isolate protein will be used, as will clen for part of the time. Thanks

2. Looks like you have it covered. I just try to keep calories/carbs high and put up with a little fat gain just to keep from loosing muscle. Crude, but it works for me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Looks like you have it covered. I just try to keep calories/carbs high and put up with a little fat gain just to keep from loosing muscle. Crude, but it works for me.

Bump, Good advice on adding fat..it works
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by PirateFromHell
    Due to injuries and upcoming surgery, I can't lift for at least 6 weeks. I will be doing some moderate intensity cardio during this time. I would appreciate anyone's advice on supplements that would minimalize muscle loss during this off time. I am considering making a 6-oxo/7-oxo transdermal. BCAAs, L-glutamine and milk isolate protein will be used, as will clen for part of the time. Thanks
    If you have a good amount of money to spend you could try HMB at a high dosage.

5. I guess I will consume just above maintenance calories and keep the cardio moderate and short. I'm not sure how much I believe in HMB. I prefere BCAAs. Maybe I just didn't take large enough doses of HMB. Thanks for the advice guys!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 11:43 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 11:20 PM
  4. Surgery... Can't lift for two weeks after
    By MuscleBound1337 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
  5. T-3 for those who want to know