Difference between acetyl l carnitine / l carnitine l tartate

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the difference between these / why would you use one over the other.

Currently use acetyl at 500mg 3 x day, but looking into a supp that has the l tartate form at 2000mg a day. Jw the difference..

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Acetyl is able to pass the blood brain barrier having a "mental stimulant" type of effect and LCLT has more of an effect on exercise recovery and androgen receptor upregulation. I stack both with PLCAR for maximun benefits :)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm ok. How about fat loss/metabolism effects

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
any carnitine supplementation (as long as your taking enough) should yield similar results as far as weight loss. At least thats what I gather from all my reading... every carnitine product I bought/use (used just about all) all advertise "important cofactor for energy production from fats" and "L-carnitine also facilitates the metabolism of carbohydrates and enhances ATP production" (Notice how they said just "L-carnitine" and didn't include the krebs cycle intermediate attached to it.

Although I did read something not too sure where, about carnitne fumarate (sp?) and being better for weight loss. I'll have to read into that one more.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any carnitine supplementation (as long as your taking enough) should yield similar results as far as weight loss. At least thats what I gather from all my reading... every carnitine product I bought/use (used just about all) all advertise "important cofactor for energy production from fats" and "L-carnitine also facilitates the metabolism of carbohydrates and enhances ATP production" (Notice how they said just "L-carnitine" and didn't include the krebs cycle intermediate attached to it.

Although I did read something not too sure where, about carnitne fumarate (sp?) and being better for weight loss. I'll have to read into that one more.
Cool thanks for the info