Difference between acetyl l carnitine / l carnitine l tartate

1. Difference between acetyl l carnitine / l carnitine l tartate

What is the difference between these / why would you use one over the other.

Currently use acetyl at 500mg 3 x day, but looking into a supp that has the l tartate form at 2000mg a day. Jw the difference..

2. Acetyl is able to pass the blood brain barrier having a "mental stimulant" type of effect and LCLT has more of an effect on exercise recovery and androgen receptor upregulation. I stack both with PLCAR for maximun benefits
    :blindfold:
    •   

3. Hmm ok. How about fat loss/metabolism effects

4. any carnitine supplementation (as long as your taking enough) should yield similar results as far as weight loss. At least thats what I gather from all my reading... every carnitine product I bought/use (used just about all) all advertise "important cofactor for energy production from fats" and "L-carnitine also facilitates the metabolism of carbohydrates and enhances ATP production" (Notice how they said just "L-carnitine" and didn't include the krebs cycle intermediate attached to it.

Although I did read something not too sure where, about carnitne fumarate (sp?) and being better for weight loss. I'll have to read into that one more.
    :blindfold:

5. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash
    any carnitine supplementation (as long as your taking enough) should yield similar results as far as weight loss. At least thats what I gather from all my reading... every carnitine product I bought/use (used just about all) all advertise "important cofactor for energy production from fats" and "L-carnitine also facilitates the metabolism of carbohydrates and enhances ATP production" (Notice how they said just "L-carnitine" and didn't include the krebs cycle intermediate attached to it.

Although I did read something not too sure where, about carnitne fumarate (sp?) and being better for weight loss. I'll have to read into that one more.
    Cool thanks for the info
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Acetyl-L-carnitine?
    By mdts in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. L-acetyl-carnitine
    By Norway88 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. L-acetyl-carnitine
    By Norway88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  4. L-Carnitine vs. Acetyl L-Carnitine?
    By jpk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
  5. About to buy some Acetyl L-Carnitine...
    By neverenough26 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 01:26 PM