Solid Whey 5 lb / 10 lb for only 18 bucks anyone tried it ?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its got malodextrin in it as a carb source. 5.5 grams of carbs per serving, probally a lot of lactose too. Looks like ****.

thejames

Awards
How does it look bad, dont a lot of people use malodextrin for their carb spike anyways?

tbosley1

Awards
I only take carbs with whey pwo. The rest of the day, I take whey alone or with flax.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
My math tells me that Costco's Pro-Rated is a better deal @ $20 for 6 lbs :)

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First of all, 5.5grams of carbs is nothing. If you're worried about 5.5grams of carbs, then you probably would be buying an isolate to begin with, and wouldn't be looking at a regular whey protein. This is only 2 more carbs than ON Whey, and ABB Pure Pro has 6 grams of carbs per serving.

Secondly, has anyone here actually tried it?

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I'm a big fan of Champion Nutrition's Whey Stack, particularly Banana and Cocoa Mochaccino flavors. If you order from vitaglo.com, 5 lbs. runs $25. Order over $50 worth of stuff (i.e. two 5-lbers.) and you get free shipping.

This works best for me. No Costco nearby, either.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, 5.5grams of carbs is nothing. If you're worried about 5.5grams of carbs, then you probably would be buying an isolate to begin with, and wouldn't be looking at a regular whey protein. This is only 2 more carbs than ON Whey, and ABB Pure Pro has 6 grams of carbs per serving.

Secondly, has anyone here actually tried it?
I use the ON whey vanilla it has only 2 carbs per serving. I'd just rather have something with lower carbs. I would rather have an isolate but the ON whey vanilla is the best deal with the lowest carbs. Well for what I can find anyway.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on how economical you are. Buying twice as much for the same price makes three extra carbs seem unimportant, especially since the only time you need to be that conscious of your carbs is pre-contest dieting or Atkins insanity, IMO. I used to use ON Whey, too, but started drifting when I saw cheaper alternatives, and haven't looked back, nor noticed any performance changes.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on how economical you are. Buying twice as much for the same price makes three extra carbs seem unimportant, especially since the only time you need to be that conscious of your carbs is pre-contest dieting or Atkins insanity, IMO. I used to use ON Whey, too, but started drifting when I saw cheaper alternatives, and haven't looked back, nor noticed any performance changes.

Very true. I'm just anal about that and would rather get my carbs from other sources. Its just me being stuborn.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool :)

I'm just stubborn on price b/c I grew up w/ no money in a big family! It's stupid...I'll buy five of something I don't need b/c it's on sale.

Have you tried the All The Whey Isolate or Syntrax Nectar? Zero carbs, I believe. If you mix one scoop of the iso with one of your ON whey, you'll get virtually no carbs and it will be a lot cheaper than buying pure iso.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool :)

I'm just stubborn on price b/c I grew up w/ no money in a big family! It's stupid...I'll buy five of something I don't need b/c it's on sale.

Have you tried the All The Whey Isolate or Syntrax Nectar? Zero carbs, I believe. If you mix one scoop of the iso with one of your ON whey, you'll get virtually no carbs and it will be a lot cheaper than buying pure iso.

Wow!, never thought of doing that. Thanks!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All the Way is the best choice here. Better protein at an even better price.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just looking at the trueprotein site. Looks like some good deals there although I really don't like the customized protein because I don't know how much of what is in each serving because it doesn't come with a nutritional facts label. Well I saw one for the basic wpi isolate, but I don't know what it adds to the protein when you go and add flavors and sweetners. Just seems like a pain in the ass. I want it all done for me, so I can just look at the label and add it up based on how many servings I want. I don't want to figure it out myself based on the ingredients. Call me lazy but it just seems like a pain in the ass!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
So let's talk flavor :hammer:

How would these compare to BSL's? Has anyone bought the unflavored protein form ATW and used BSL's flavorings? I'm looking for a new source since BSL closed their website.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive used on alot.i like desinger whey pretty good.

i dont like nitro tech's taste esp for the price.

AST is execellenet but pricy.

do not use on's cookies n creme

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my best results have been with nitro tech so far

DougMan

Awards
Wow you've got to be kidding:icon_lol:

Dont Hate. Nitrotech is different IMO. No other protein gave me the runs nearly as bad as nitrotech did. I remember a certian 50 gram shake that...well lets just leave it at that

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the solid whey......been using it for a few months. I like it....good taste....mixibility....texture. I'm not as anal on carbs/fat, plus it's a great deal. Before this line I used pro-rated....another good protein. All about price for me.

For a good bulk rate go with true protein.....wpc-50lbs...$145. plus shipping. I e-mailed them andn I was told there was no extra charge for sweetner/flavoring. You can choose from 5 flavors for the 50lbs.

P.S. My costco sells worlwide 6lb for $21.99