AI and SERM question

  1. Registered User
    rodo123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    310

    AI and SERM question


    They ultimately do the same thing, just through a different pathway right? One isn't better than the other is it?

  2. Registered User
    bigbumpkin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    58397

    my understanding is an AI is suicide while serm is more selective-not a complete shutdown
    not claiming this is 100%-just what my understanding to this point is
  3. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,067
    Rep Power
    290736

    SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and prevent it from doing any effect. They do not reduce circulating estrogen levels.

    AIs reduce the actual synthesis of estrogen within the body.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
    •   
       

  4. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,083
    Rep Power
    3183232

    AIs inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, leaving more testosterone as testosterone and decreasing serum estrogen levels

    SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and inactivates it essentially. Even if estrogen is present, if it cannot bind to and activate the estrogen receptor its has no effects. The body senses this as a decrease in estrogen since the estrogen receptors are not being activated and as a result signals for more hormone release.

    More testosterone is released in an attempt to raise estrogen since estrogen comes from testosterone.

    This is why taking both an AI and a SERM is so effective, and this is the reason we created Erase Pro, the full spectrum hormone modulator
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  5. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    513833

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    AIs inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, leaving more testosterone as testosterone and decreasing serum estrogen levels

    SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and inactivates it essentially. Even if estrogen is present, if it cannot bind to and activate the estrogen receptor its has no effects. The body senses this as a decrease in estrogen since the estrogen receptors are not being activated and as a result signals for more hormone release.

    More testosterone is released in an attempt to raise estrogen since estrogen comes from testosterone.

    This is why taking both an AI and a SERM is so effective, and this is the reason we created Erase Pro, the full spectrum hormone modulator
    Natty, but there are 2 types of AI's. The non-steroidal and the irreversible steroidal types. Does the new erase pro completely disable the enzyme (permanent) or is it a competitive and then breaks off allowing for non permanent inhibition of the aromatase enzyme?
  6. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    SERMs occupy the estrogen receptor and prevent it from doing any effect. They do not reduce circulating estrogen levels.

    AIs reduce the actual synthesis of estrogen within the body.
    good post! for the general public.. serms stop just boobies.. ai's stop all estrogenic effects in simple terms lol to a degree
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  7. Registered User
    J19891's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    4882

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Natty, but there are 2 types of AI's. The non-steroidal and the irreversible steroidal types. Does the new erase pro completely disable the enzyme (permanent) or is it a competitive and then breaks off allowing for non permanent inhibition of the aromatase enzyme?
    I'm pretty sure the AI portion of erase is suicidal (disables the enzyme permanently). Keep in mind though, disabling the enzyme just means that molecule of aromatase enzyme itself becomes permanently inactive. Your body eventually produces more, so it's not like the effects are permanent.
  8. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    513833

    Quote Originally Posted by J19891 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the AI portion of erase is suicidal (disables the enzyme permanently). Keep in mind though, disabling the enzyme just means that molecule of aromatase enzyme itself becomes permanently inactive. Your body eventually produces more, so it's not like the effects are permanent.
    haha yea i already know what they do! I just wanted to know if it was suicidal therefore actually decreasing estrogen, rather than being competitive and not harming free estrogen. Sweetness thanks!
  9. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,067
    Rep Power
    290736

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Natty, but there are 2 types of AI's. The non-steroidal and the irreversible steroidal types. Does the new erase pro completely disable the enzyme (permanent) or is it a competitive and then breaks off allowing for non permanent inhibition of the aromatase enzyme?
    The AI thats in both Erase and Erase pro is suicidal.

    This means the enzyme is completely deactivated and the body must manufacture more before estrogen synthesis can continue.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  10. Registered User
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    land of the boring
    Posts
    5,405
    Rep Power
    489898

    ^^^^ YUP YUP
    doing my own thang!
  11. Registered User
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    64116

    Remember SERMS also ACTIVATE/STIMULATE estrogen in certain tissues, brain, uterus, bones etc....That is why clomid and nolva make you feel emotional and moody.

    I like suicide AI's since they will not cause a rebounding effect once ceasing usage.

    -Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

    Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10


  12. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    513833

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter
    Remember SERMS also ACTIVATE/STIMULATE estrogen in certain tissues, brain, uterus, bones etc....That is why clomid and nolva make you feel emotional and moody.

    I like suicide AI's since they will not cause a rebounding effect once ceasing usage.

    -Matt
    Understandable, and makes sense. Since the conversion rate of test to estrogen is around .3% daily without exogenous hormones? If I recall, allowing for a small gradual conversion back to homeostasis? And for competitive like letro, causes rebound because once they break off the enzyme, instead of permanent inhibition, that's what causes rebound? Correct?
  13. Registered User
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    64116

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Understandable, and makes sense. Since the conversion rate of test to estrogen is around .3% daily without exogenous hormones? If I recall, allowing for a small gradual conversion back to homeostasis? And for competitive like letro, causes rebound because once they break off the enzyme, instead of permanent inhibition, that's what causes rebound? Correct?
    While the letro temporarily binds to the aromatase enzyme and essentially "captures it" -- once you cease usage, the once captured estrogen is now liberated plus you now have new estrogen being aromatized so you are getting a "double whammy" of tit forming estrogen.

    -Matt
    Buy IronMagLabs products and SAVE with matt15

    Buy BlackStone Labs product and SAVE with matt10


  14. Registered User
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    513833

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    While the letro temporarily binds to the aromatase enzyme and essentially "captures it" -- once you cease usage, the once captured estrogen is now liberated plus you now have new estrogen being aromatized so you are getting a "double whammy" of tit forming estrogen.

    -Matt
    Ouch, sounds terrible. Thanks for the clarification!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 01:40 AM
  2. SERM Question
    By jlw988 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 08:37 AM
  3. One More Serm Question
    By thafranchize in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
  4. Serm Question
    By SrT4u2Nv in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in