Are nitrates the new 1,3-dimeth?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Dont get me wrong, I love the pump, but I also get tired on them sometimes, even though Ive only taken them with stims. I know someone is gonna say "If they make you tired then lower your dosage" but that's not the point Im trying to make. Other NO products help a person produce more NO and pump up the part their working. Nitrates cause your blood pressure to drop, plain and simple. Even at a small dosage, I think it should really be discussed wether a hardtraining person should be taking a blood pressure dropper everytime they train. Shouldn't your vasculatory system have a little more resistance while your young to keep it strong? Could there be a long term disadvantage to taking too much stress of the heart?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of the nitrate products are stacked with enough stims that the blood pressure drop is neglible, in me anyways. Mine still goes up a little with a few formulas ive tried

N

ntornado

Awards
The first time I ever tried Agmatine I was crazy dizzy FWIW.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It's pretty unusual to get a dangerously low BP drop from either nitrates or agmatine. Even when they are not combined with stims (as with stimulant-free formulas), I do not believe such products cause THAT much vasodilation.

S

SoJoocy

Awards
1,3-dimeth turns me in to an emotional bitch after a while of taking it, come downs are stupid hard.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
1,3-dimeth turns me in to an emotional bitch after a while of taking it, come downs are stupid hard.
I started a thread about that. Stuff actually made me cry. Probly the reason so many new formulas dont have it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started a thread about that. Stuff actually made me cry. Probly the reason so many new formulas dont have it.
Still a crap ton of formulas that have it. Though the real reason I suspect you are seeing more and more formulas coming out without it is because everyone is anticipating it not having a much longer life in supplements because of the FDA. Particularly with the recent law suits against USP, the military placing a moratorium on it, and Canada banning it.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
God damnit! I have that problem. What causes that? Anybody?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
God damnit! I have that problem. What causes that? Anybody?
I dont think the scince is known, but its probably one of the main reasons low dose 1,3-dimeth never had its green light as a stuffy nose medication. The fact that this stuff sat around for so long before being introduces for sports performance should tell people something.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's pretty unusual to get a dangerously low BP drop from either nitrates or agmatine. Even when they are not combined with stims (as with stimulant-free formulas), I do not believe such products cause THAT much vasodilation.
Agreed. I self check my bp, and have never really seen a drop in bp. hell, when i worked on a cardiac floor giving pts straight nitrates.. rarely did bp drop. Many get headaches or light headed though but not an actually drop in peripheral pressures.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Years ago when 1,3 was becoming popular I started experimenting with it and all it did was make be drowsy and down. I never used it again until a few months ago. I thought maybe the powder I had back then was bad. Tried it again, same thing. Still cant figure out why I dont react to it, as I react to things like adderall very very well