Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Water gives me pumps: wtf?

Ok I've been noticing this for some time now
    I tried to research on this before asking because, first it seems uber-stupid,
    second, I thought (and still do) I was missing one of those piece of knowledge every noob
    already knows.

Water gives me crazy pumps: what the heck?!?!

Well, I wouldn't exactly say "pump" more like a ridiculous vascularity,
    my muscles don't puff up, my veins do.

This is most noticeable after a meal, but generally far from the workout.
    Last 3 days I ran a very easily reproducible experiment by standing in front of the mirror
    and gulp 500ml of plain water at once: the result is always the same and
    it's pretty insane: veins all over my body literally *swell up* under my eyes!

Now someone please explain this to me?

Please note my daily carbs intake is 30gr, spread over 3 meals
    just sayin' this in case a carb/water interaction was suspected,
    I really don't think that's the case
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Same thing happens to me too. Curious about this. (Without dosing Glycergrow/gms)
  3. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Same thing happens to me too. Curious about this. (Without dosing Glycergrow/gms)
    Omg I'm not alone! awesome bro

Someone shed some light on this please

•   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Omg I'm not alone! awesome bro
    Agreed. Ive actually never thought of it before. But now that I have, I'm extremely interested in why.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.79%

Happens to me as well, but the pump is even more so if I fast 24-40 hrs and then train fasted..must research!!!!
  6. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bboyflash View Post
    Happens to me as well, but the pump is even more so if I fast 24-40 hrs and then train fasted..must research!!!!
    Well this makes sense since I do warrior diet, so I fast for 16 hours a day, everyday,
    and always workout fasted first thing in the morning, first meal is always around 8/9pm

But yeah more and more curious now about this..

7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If I eat a lot of carbs and sodium with water I get vascular as heck. is this what is happening to you as well? Because I always just chalked it up to the high sodium.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  8. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    If I eat a lot of carbs and sodium with water I get vascular as heck. is this what is happening to you as well? Because I always just chalked it up to the high sodium.
    Nope, no carbs here, as I said before at least for me, total daily intake is 30gr CHO
    and I'm very low on sodium as well, definitely is not carb/sodium related for me

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Well this makes sense since I do warrior diet, so I fast for 16 hours a day, everyday,
    and always workout fasted first thing in the morning, first meal is always around 8/9pm

But yeah more and more curious now about this..
    How long have you been on the warrior diet? I Looked into that some but I am interested in hearing your opinion/experience with it.
  10. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.53%

Holy ****, I've been noticing the veins on my forearm blow up a ton after slamming my pre with 20+ fl oz of water and just assumed it was the pre. It would fade by the time I was at the gym though, its likely a mix of the two but now I totally want to experiment with this.

11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.79%

I think in might be either gulcagon or gh causing the pumps but I need to find a study to help explain...
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.23%

couldn't it just be attributed to the fact that your blood may have more volume in it as the water levels are higher, are you dehydrated teh rest of the day?

possibly you are drinking a TON of water and the water is acting as a diuretic and making the subcutaneous water levels lower, thus showing more veins?

my guess is either the fact that you have more blood volume due to the water, and or the water you are intaking is keeping your subcutaneous levels uber low....
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard
  13. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
    How long have you been on the warrior diet? I Looked into that some but I am interested in hearing your opinion/experience with it.
    I started regular IF more than 2 years ago (when I didn't even know it had a "name"), then I turned it into warrior again, without
    knowing it was an actual protocol, just by instinct since IF gave me great results. So I've been on it for lil less than 2 years.
    First thing, my advice is do *not* follow my protocol, i'm a freak and it will most likely damage you.
    With that said, my experience with it is that is killer for fat loss, but is also quite hard to get used to.
    I also think that the results don't only come from the food timing but mostly from my calorie intake, super low carb vs my training
    intensity/frequency. Once you have your macros right meal timing doesn't really make much difference.
    What does make a difference (but is very subjective) is the fasted training, but again, something you have to get used to,
    a "side benefit" of the warrior diet is that you learn to control appetite and it forges your willpower like nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Holy ****, I've been noticing the veins on my forearm blow up a ton after slamming my pre with 20+ fl oz of water and just assumed it was the pre. It would fade by the time I was at the gym though, its likely a mix of the two but now I totally want to experiment with this.
    Yeah I've been noticing this for years now, and I finally decided to ask, but I knew it wasn't any product because like I said,
    it's more obvious for me close to meals and technically I wo in the morning, and start to eat late afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bboyflash View Post
    I think in might be either gulcagon or gh causing the pumps but I need to find a study to help explain...
    Please do! I totally want to know now

Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    couldn't it just be attributed to the fact that your blood may have more volume in it as the water levels are higher, are you dehydrated teh rest of the day?
    I definitely have to drink a TON of water not to get dehydrated due to both the fasted training and the 16 hours fasting, plus
    drinking (decaf tea or just plain water) helps with hunger like nothing else for me. So I would say no, I'm def not dehydrated the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    possibly you are drinking a TON of water and the water is acting as a diuretic and making the subcutaneous water levels lower, thus showing more veins?

my guess is either the fact that you have more blood volume due to the water, and or the water you are intaking is keeping your subcutaneous levels uber low....
    This make totally sense to my ignorant self I usually drink about 2 gallons of water a day
    mostly in the first part of the day of course, when I'm fasting, the closer I get to my meals and
    the less I drink. Then the crazyness happens when I drink between meals, that's when I can really
    stand in front of the mirror and actually see the veins swell up, and I'm vascular to begin with
    but the difference is unbelievable

14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

I can relate---

I perform a VERY aggressive water -loading protocol 2 days before a contest. I actually RAMP UP my fluid intake, rather than taper it down. By Thursday & FRiday I am drinking 3.5-4.5 gallons-----ZERO CARBS----sodium is high thursday, but cut FRiday and my muscles are absolutely BLOWN.

IMO glucose is not primary for muscle cell volumization and simply "icing on the cake" if you will. WATER + SODIUM are crucial for muscle fullness. LIke I said even when sodium is reduced for 1 day (FRiday) I still look and stay very volumized. However vascularity may take a minor dive -----until I re-introdiuce sodium on saturday morning -------VEINS pop with vengeance!!! BP gets spiked, and blood volume goes way up, + adding glucose (glu+Na) = fully hydrated and vasodilated muscles. Very neat cosmetic effect.

-Matt
  15. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    I can relate---

I perform a VERY aggressive water -loading protocol 2 days before a contest. I actually RAMP UP my fluid intake, rather than taper it down. By Thursday & FRiday I am drinking 3.5-4.5 gallons-----ZERO CARBS----sodium is high thursday, but cut FRiday and my muscles are absolutely BLOWN.

IMO glucose is not primary for muscle cell volumization and simply "icing on the cake" if you will. WATER + SODIUM are crucial for muscle fullness. LIke I said even when sodium is reduced for 1 day (FRiday) I still look and stay very volumized. However vascularity may take a minor dive -----until I re-introdiuce sodium on saturday morning -------VEINS pop with vengeance!!! BP gets spiked, and blood volume goes way up, + adding glucose (glu+Na) = fully hydrated and vasodilated muscles. Very neat cosmetic effect.

-Matt
    I agree with you 100%, the one you describe Matt
    is exactly the "Skipload" advice for the water manipulation pre-contest.
    Sodium and water, high sodium is perfectly ok, actually needed, when the water intake
    is high. Just today I'm doing my refeed, I tweaked my training a bit, switched the refeed to
    legs day and yesterday I incorporated a deletion workout (after my regular hypertrophy arms/abs session)
    and just for the sake of it (and actually because I am considering to start competing) I've been following
    the above protocol for water/sodium. Had ridiculous amount of water yesterday, today (refeed) I won't drink
    much and tomorrow I'll start again.
    Skip explained if your water intake is high for days and days, that one day that you cut it the body
    will not retain it because "tricked" in thinking the water will keep coming (as the past days)
    well, he explains this much better than I do but lol I agree with you.

16. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

I can relate---

-Matt

bingo.........

could not have said it any better bro........thank goodness there are competitors on this board.........
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

I agree with you 100%, the one you describe Matt
    is exactly the "Skipload" advice for the water manipulation pre-contest.
    Sodium and water, high sodium is perfectly ok, actually needed, when the water intake
    is high. Just today I'm doing my refeed, I tweaked my training a bit, switched the refeed to
    legs day and yesterday I incorporated a deletion workout (after my regular hypertrophy arms/abs session)
    and just for the sake of it (and actually because I am considering to start competing) I've been following
    the above protocol for water/sodium. Had ridiculous amount of water yesterday, today (refeed) I won't drink
    much and tomorrow I'll start again.
    Skip explained if your water intake is high for days and days, that one day that you cut it the body
    will not retain it because "tricked" in thinking the water will keep coming (as the past days)
    well, he explains this much better than I do but lol I agree with you.
    I followed Skip heavily in the Sh!tloading days --circa 2002--2006 ,, but I started flying on my own since then and really nailed my conditioning (for the most part). I am familiar with just about every method practiced for final week manipulation. I keep things somewhat simplistic and do not do anything OVERLY drastic.

---Your new avatar ---Dry and peeled man, great job. Add some hormones, add some mass ----compete.

-Matt
  18. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I followed Skip heavily in the Sh!tloading days --circa 2002--2006 ,, but I started flying on my own since then and really nailed my conditioning (for the most part). I am familiar with just about every method practiced for final week manipulation. I keep things somewhat simplistic and do not do anything OVERLY drastic.

---Your new avatar ---Dry and peeled man, great job. Add some hormones, add some mass ----compete.

-Matt
    Again I agree i myself tweaked/bent to my needs the various protocols that i found
    interesting, of course I still have a lot to learn, but thank you

Hey Matt, I emailed you in here and on the mail you gave me about the PP log but you never got back at me :/

19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

Again I agree i myself tweaked/bent to my needs the various protocols that i found
    interesting, of course I still have a lot to learn, but thank you

Hey Matt, I emailed you in here and on the mail you gave me about the PP log but you never got back at me :/
    I'm not sure if I overlooked it or what? I have been unbelievably swamped lately. Were you willing and ready to do a log on a Andro Product on this forum?

Just an FYI---If I say something ----get on my ass so I will get back to you! I hate breaking my word!

-Matt
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

I'm not sure if I overlooked it or what? I have been unbelievably swamped lately. Were you willing and ready to do a log on a Andro Product on this forum?

Just an FYI---If I say something ----get on my ass so I will get back to you! I hate breaking my word!

-Matt
    what products does PP sell that a fresh body could use...........PS sorry for the hijack
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

One the original topic. If u follow the digestive system you can see that for water to be excreted it must first enter the bloodstream and then be filtered by the kidneys and into the ureters/bladder. This means after you drink water your blood volume will increase until your kidneys catch up. Higher blood volume = more distending pressure on the vascular system so you look veiny. When you drink really high amounts of water, your body will overcompensate and you will put in a slightly dehydrated state. After pissing your brains out you may look leaner.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

^
    Right, when sodium is HIGH ---aldosterone is LOW, When water is HIGH----vasopressin (ADH) is LOW.

Manipulation is KEY in looking abnormally "freaky."

-Matt
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

Quote Originally Posted by PVL View Post
    what products does PP sell that a fresh body could use...........PS sorry for the hijack
    <br><br>

We are predominantly a HORMONE company -- but our natural line is unique and awesome as well. In fact, we have some great new natural products on the horizon now....

-Matt
  24. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

<br><br>

We are predominantly a HORMONE company -- but our natural line is unique and awesome as well. In fact, we have some great new natural products on the horizon now....

-Matt
    do you guys have labs to prove that your products are exactly whats in the vial? I am not opposed to trying GHRP and IGF n whatnot, I just wanna have some labs coming with the product so I know that is exactly what Im taking. I wanna be able to go into the doctor and take blood tests and if anything comes back wrong, I will know what the root cause will be.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

do you guys have labs to prove that your products are exactly whats in the vial? I am not opposed to trying GHRP and IGF n whatnot, I just wanna have some labs coming with the product so I know that is exactly what Im taking. I wanna be able to go into the doctor and take blood tests and if anything comes back wrong, I will know what the root cause will be.
    i think you are mistaken, primordial doesnt sell peptides?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  26. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    i think you are mistaken, primordial doesnt sell peptides?

well whatever they sell, be it serms or hormones, do they have labs to back up their claims?

I wanna know what im putting into my body
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

well whatever they sell, be it serms or hormones, do they have labs to back up their claims?

I wanna know what im putting into my body
    We are the ONE company that makes sure our hormones pass ALL testing before we sell them. In fact --- last year a few batches came back sub-par, so instead of saying "eh, screw it we need money," we sent them back and made sure they tested out perfectly. Sure, people were pissed about the delay ---but I know as a customer I would feel reassured that a company cares that much.

We also are the first company to have done full case reports on our Beta-Testers, which tried the new products before they released. Full blood work open for public viewing and a study was done on each person. You can find the case reports here --Kenneth N. Case Report

-
    Matt
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

We are the ONE company that makes sure our hormones pass ALL testing before we sell them. In fact --- last year a few batches came back sub-par, so instead of saying "eh, screw it we need money," we sent them back and made sure they tested out perfectly. Sure, people were pissed about the delay ---but I know as a customer I would feel reassured that a company cares that much.

We also are the first company to have done full case reports on our Beta-Testers, which tried the new products before they released. Full blood work open for public viewing and a study was done on each person. You can find the case reports here --Kenneth N. Case Report

-
    Matt
    sounds good man..........as long as they are legit........thats all I care about..........
  29. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Our next release - Waterbolic RTD

100% H2O, bottled
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  30. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

100% H2O, bottled
    lol..........that was funny
  31. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

100% H2O, bottled
    lol..........that was funny
    yeah, especially because some products ain't even that far from that

32. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

yeah, especially because some products ain't even that far from that
    its why I asked for labs, and for them to post them...........i hate all this asking for permission to see them and having to email 6 different people to get an answer...........seriously
  33. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Ok I'm gonna help you guys out here by plagiarizing from a book I have called "Power Eating"- great book but I follow a different diet. This is part of the section on water,

"Muscle Strength and Control

Ever wonder why some days you're so pooped you can't pump iron?. One reason may be dehydration. To move your muscles, you need water. Of all the places in the body, water is found in highest concentrations in metabolically active tissues such as muscle and is found in lowest concentrations in relatively inactive tissues such as fat, skin, and some parts of bone. Muscles are controlled by nerves. The electrical stimulation of nerves and contraction of muscles occur as a result of the exchange of electrolyte minerals dissolved in water(sodium, potassium, calcium, chloride, and magnesium) across the nerve and muscle cell membranes.

If you're low on water or electrolytes, muscle strength and control are weakened. A water deficit of just 2 to 4 percent of your body weight can cut your strength-training workout by as much as 21 percent--and you aerobic power by a whopping 48 percent. Your body's thirst mechanism kicks in when you're already dehydrated. To prevent dehydration, you must get yourself on a scheduled plan to drink often throughout the day.(See the drinking schedule on page 104.)

If gaining muscle is your goal, you should care about cell volumization, or the hydration state of your muscle cells. In a well-hydrated muscle cell, protein synthesis is stimulated and protein breakdown is decreased. On the other hand, dehydration of muscle cells promotes protein breakdown and inhibits protein synthesis. Cell volume has also been shown to influence genetic expression, enzyme and hormone activity, and metabolism."

--Pages 99-100 "Power Eating" by Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD
  34. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I wasn't referring to PP by any stretch, just to be clear.

You ask for labs for any product that you want to take/try?
    Then probably you should do it for any food you pick up at the store as well
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I typed that all out, not a copy and paste job. Was a pain in the behind. I hope it helps you guys out.
  36. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Great post t-bone!
  37. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

I wasn't referring to PP by any stretch, just to be clear.

You ask for labs for any product that you want to take/try?
    Then probably you should do it for any food you pick up at the store as well
    yeah, ill do that......lol...come on guy

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
  2. Purified Water VS. Distilled Water?!?!
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 08:46 AM
  3. Tap Water, Bottled Water Or Filtered Water?
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
  5. Sterile water or is bottled water ok?
    By allnamesrused in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 04:06 PM