Bcaa life????

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
It's a quick question guys- if I pre mix my bcaa in water the day before I train- do they loose potency or anything? Just curious.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not too sure about "potency" but I would be concerned with bacteria. Putting stuff in water increases the time of decay and will create a nice enviroment for bacteria.

If your only mixing it up the night before I think you should be ok, just make sure to keep it in a refrigerator but honestly does it really take that much time to mix up some aminos? Why not just do it the morning of?

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
I hear you bro, just trying to shorten my pre workout prep time.....train at 3am so the less I have to do the better. Not a real big deal, like I said I was just curious.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah I agree, it's not worth the risk for any degradation of the aminos......I know free form aminos like glutamine or whatever, supposedly degrade in water over time (how quickly? not sure).... BCAA's should hold up better, but I have always avoided pre-mixing anything amino related. Protein, OK if you must, but not aminos. Like judo said, for the minimal time spent mixing it up....why not mix it up right then?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a quick question guys- if I pre mix my bcaa in water the day before I train- do they loose potency or anything? Just curious.
I mix my BCAAs up the night before every day, and never had an issue. They sit in the fridge overnight, and i can't see there being anything wrong with that. I train very early in the morning myself, and I don't like getting up any earlier than I have to for prep work. All my shakes and drinks are made the night before for the next day.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mix up my BCAAs at around 2am and drink them at 9am. I just like being able to roll out of bed and slam my BCAAs and not have to wait 30mins for them to mix. I don't think 7-8 hours is gonna matter much but I have no evidence to support that.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I suppose it depends how paranoid you are.....being in water is probably not a good thing.....but if its refrigerated (no heat) and if its only for 12 hours or less.....you probably mitigate much of the possibility the aminos would degrade. I admit I like to make sure I do it by the book, as best as I know what the book is, to be sure everything is taken at the correct time/correct dosage/correct method etc. thats a personal preference issue.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Was just thinking the same thing!
I just have a funny feeling on this one, PWO disappears (via mods) then this guy pops up with a similar attitude. I really don't care if its him, but he needs to try and get along with everybody and just be cool and not go on these random wise-ass post rampages. You should arrest him, and hogtie him just to be safe lol

weavedogg

weavedogg

Awards
I pre-mix in a thermos all the time. A good one will keep it cold for at least 12 hours. Throw some solid cubes in for more time. I have never read any research on the topic, though.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
i don't think it will degrade too much if at all if mixed under 12 hours before consumption. and if it's refrigerated then odds are any type of decay would be slowed anyway (again, not too sure on this, but logically it makes sense)

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
Overnight will be fine, BCAA's have been shown to be stable in water for days.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i used to mix them at night....never really noticed a problem...i no longer take them during training and mix them right when i'm going to drink them.....never noticed a difference