How quickly does your protein mix?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The audio is terrible(i'm sorry), so just turn your speakers all the way up once it starts to sound muffled(about 20 seconds in).

Important parts that you may miss from the bad audio:

#1 - 8oz water
#2 - 2 full scoops of protein(40g protein)
#3 - 4 single shakes of the bottle.

[video=youtube;kkOLayJOJa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOLayJOJa8&feature=pl ayer_embedded[/video]

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shouldn't this be in the company promotion section?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm asking a serious question here...I think this is impressive. I'm curious to see how it stacks up against other protein powders out there.

Which protein do you use Rhadam? Can you show us a video of LG protein mixing? Just curious to see the differences.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, regardless, that's a pretty good accomplishment for 4 shakes. Will pass judgement once i see macros/profile and taste. I'm actually looking foreward to trying this protein.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, regardless, that's a pretty good accomplishment for 4 shakes. Will pass judgement once i see macros/profile and taste. I'm actually looking foreward to trying this protein.
Macros per scoop:

Protein: 20g
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 6.5g
Fiber: 1g
Net Carbs: 5g

All fats are MCT's.

taste cannot be compared to anything out there. whole new level :D

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm asking a serious question here...I think this is impressive. I'm curious to see how it stacks up against other protein powders out there.

Which protein do you use Rhadam? Can you show us a video of LG protein mixing? Just curious to see the differences.
You shouldn't take my comments for anything other than what they are: a friendly punch to your kidney.

I rotate through XF UP, XF whey, Monster Milk, and the occasional Gaspari product. There's no real need to mention LG protein as it's horrible and thank God it was cast down in to the pits of Hell where it belongs.

Your product obviously is predominantly whey or else it wouldn't mix that fast, but that's fine. I'm more of a taste based user anyways. But from what inside knowledge i have of your product, i will buy it without tasting as i know who flavored it.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You shouldn't take my comments for anything other than what they are: a friendly punch to your kidney.

I rotate through XF UP, XF whey, Monster Milk, and the occasional Gaspari product. There's no real need to mention LG protein as it's horrible and thank God it was cast down in to the pits of Hell where it belongs.

Your product obviously is predominantly whey or else it wouldn't mix that fast, but that's fine. I'm more of a taste based user anyways. But from what inside knowledge i have of your product, i will buy it without tasting as i know who flavored it.
I wasn't offended in the least, just wanted to make sure you understood why I made the thread. I am a lot less confrontational here at AM because users don't tend to be such idiots :D

I wasn't inferring that LG protein was bad. I haven't tried it in like 3 years I don't think. Just know you rep for them, so figured you may have a better idea of how it does(or did) mix.

Who do you know that flavored this product?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ill try to post a video tonight or sometime this week of ON 100% Whey protein if anybody is interested. i always mix it in a blender. ive never tried it in a shaker before. anybody interested?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if i can remember my youtube login info haha

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ill try to post a video tonight or sometime this week of ON 100% Whey protein if anybody is interested. i always mix it in a blender. ive never tried it in a shaker before. anybody interested?
please do! I suggest we keep the competition on even playing fields...

4oz water per 1 scoop protein powder
Single shakes of the shaker are to be done, not continuous up/down shaking

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
just tried this with myofusion.........yea, no bueno :( cant wait to try Protean :D

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just tried this with myofusion.........yea, no bueno :( cant wait to try Protean :D
can u post a video? Myofusion is a very popular protein, so will be interesting to see how well it actually mixes in comparison.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
can u post a video? Myofusion is a very popular protein, so will be interesting to see how well it actually mixes in comparison.
i will once i get home and set up my webcam, swamped with final projects and exams until wednesday of next week :( but i definitely will do that

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it may seem to be sacreligious to say this...

but it is a significant improvement over UP 2.0 in both macros and taste.

Yes I just made that claim.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Vaughn, actually, how about I wait til my Protean sample comes in and then I'll do them both side by side?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vaughn, actually, how about I wait til my Protean sample comes in and then I'll do them both side by side?
they shipped today from CA, so you'll probably get yours in 4-5 business days. I'm stoked to see it!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
they shipped today from CA, so you'll probably get yours in 4-5 business days. I'm stoked to see it!
Sweet. I think people will be surprised at the difference they see. Btw, check your email from a few days back :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never really noticed a mixing difference no matter what whey protein i tried.....whats the big deal? an extra shake doesn't hurt anyone...just makes it a jerk

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never really noticed a mixing difference no matter what whey protein i tried.....whats the big deal? an extra shake doesn't hurt anyone...just makes it a jerk
You've never noticed a difference? I notice HUGE differences.

I hate when I get chunks of powder in my mouth or a ton of protein stuck to the glass. it's a waste and makes the consistency of the protein feel terrible in your mouth.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I hate when I get chunks of powder in my mouth or a ton of protein stuck to the glass. it's a waste and makes the consistency of the protein feel terrible in your mouth.
the only time i had chunks of protein, is when i used protein powder mixed into greek yogurt, but thats basically my own fault for not mixing the two and forgetting the next day.....i dunno maybe it's me, but protein is always the same, some thicker than other but never chunks

unless we're talking about caesin...that is pretty bad, but i still don't mind eating spoonfuls of powder chunks

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I've been attacked by powder chunks while drinking my protein, it can be a very traumatizing experience

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards

I usually mix my protein in milk... .... but Im willing to post up a comparison... 4 oz to 1 scoop???

Im currently using GNC's higher line of protein cause a buddy of mine back in highschool is the area manager and hooks it up... tastes alright too (their standard lineup tastes like crap and mixes even worse)

Ill post up in a bit... youtube will take a second to upload out here...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Never had chunks either.

You should have poured that shaker out through a mesh strainer into that glass, so we could see how it really mixed!!

I have Trutein, up2, myofusion here, maybe I will try that. :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually mix my protein in milk... .... but Im willing to post up a comparison... 4 oz to 1 scoop???

Im currently using GNC's higher line of protein cause a buddy of mine back in highschool is the area manager and hooks it up... tastes alright too (their standard lineup tastes like crap and mixes even worse)

Ill post up in a bit... youtube will take a second to upload out here...
ya do water though so its a fair comparison(although Protean mixes identical in milk/water). 1 scoop with only 4oz water

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL i'll make another video and see if I can find a strainer here...but in 100% honesty there wasnt a single chunk.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

bump again for bold...

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
LOL i'll make another video and see if I can find a strainer here...but in 100% honesty there wasnt a single chunk.
Do it!

What's your favorite flavor of the three?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know it may seem to be sacreligious to say this...

but it is a significant improvement over UP 2.0 in both macros and taste.

Yes I just made that claim.
Well that will be the true test, as nothing really comes close to the flavor of XF UP 2.0. Your macros are already better than theirs, for the macro conscious. But touting macros is a joke since ANYTHING can be fit in, especially protein shakes lol. You won't have their 49% casein ratio as it wouldn't mix that easily/quickly. A comparison to XF UP 2.0 can be made, but a primarily whey based protein shouldn't be stacked up against a 51/49 whey/casein blend. But like i said earlier, if it tastes good i'll buy it.

Oh and the flavoring comment was because i remember Wanus talking about a possible well-known figure doing the flavoring.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well that will be the true test, as nothing really comes close to the flavor of XF UP 2.0. Your macros are already better than theirs, for the macro conscious. But touting macros is a joke since ANYTHING can be fit in, especially protein shakes lol. You won't have their 49% casein ratio as it wouldn't mix that easily/quickly. A comparison to XF UP 2.0 can be made, but a primarily whey based protein shouldn't be stacked up against a 51/49 whey/casein blend. But like i said earlier, if it tastes good i'll buy it.

Oh and the flavoring comment was because i remember Wanus talking about a possible well-known figure doing the flavoring.
I agree, Protean and UP 2.0 are very different products, and can only be compared on taste. They absolutely have a higher % of casein than we do, however ours is nothing to snuff at :)

Wanus must have mispoken...the person who helped me flavor this product is not known to anyone but me, the ceo of iForce, and the company we worked with. Sorry mang.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree, Protean and UP 2.0 are very different products, and can only be compared on taste. They absolutely have a higher % of casein than we do, however ours is nothing to snuff at :)

Wanus must have mispoken...the person who helped me flavor this product is not known to anyone but me, the ceo of iForce, and the company we worked with. Sorry mang.
Ah then either he was trolling me or i was drinking.

Also, what is the serving size of your scoop? I'd do this with Monster Milk right now but it's 42 grams per serving, which obviously won't be what your serving size is. I can however increase the water ratio used to match your smaller serving.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried any Trutein flavors, nor do I plan to.
I love Trutein. You get what you pay for.

I use a blender for all my shakes but in the morning before work I mix 2 scoops with a large coffee. I'm still trying to find the best protein to mix with that. Truetein doesnt work so well and NutraPro is even worse. AmericanIso did well. Anyone else ever try this with something else and have success?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright ill try to do it tonight or sometime this week. ill do it exactly how you do it. so you have samples? nursing school is getting crazy and would like to carry it on the go. protein in water tastes nasty tho IMO

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah then either he was trolling me or i was drinking.

Also, what is the serving size of your scoop? I'd do this with Monster Milk right now but it's 42 grams per serving, which obviously won't be what your serving size is. I can however increase the water ratio used to match your smaller serving.
I believe it is 34-36g/scoop

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
alright ill try to do it tonight or sometime this week. ill do it exactly how you do it. so you have samples? nursing school is getting crazy and would like to carry it on the go. protein in water tastes nasty tho IMO
I agree...

I had yet to try my protein in water and just did after making my vid(which will be done uploading shortly) and it was far from pleasant... so weird cause its pretty decent in milk...

Ive yet to have a protein that can taste good in water.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree...

I had yet to try my protein in water and just did after making my vid(which will be done uploading shortly) and it was far from pleasant... so weird cause its pretty decent in milk...

Ive yet to have a protein that can taste good in water.
You sir, are going to be blown away by Protean in water :D

awesome man! This is what I was hoping we could all have. I am impressed with how well it mixed, but it definitely not on par with Protean.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
AST VP2 mixes very well. That's all I use. Can't compare to others.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
VT, i havent looked at the ingredient profile and I am not home right now. What kind of protein is in I-Force protein and how does it compare to the more popular products like ON, BSN...etc?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just did the video. working on uploading it now. your gonna like it i think.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That happens most often with protein blends, namely casein, and when i add in bulk carbs. Havent really experienced it with the blender. I have had some bad experiences with chunkiness, all the sudden my shaker is a scene from Frank Herbert's Dune.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[video=youtube;vjSDW-FJUBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSDW-FJUBo[/video]

funny thing is i didnt even realize i had my lit up out until i started the video. what a great rep huh?!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;vjSDW-FJUBo]funny thing is i didnt even realize i had my lit up out until i started the video. what a great rep huh?!
Candid shot. Well done :bigok: