Question about dc training

cg123

Awards
Can someone set me up with a DC training routine? I have been looking around and haven't found a good one. And no one in the training forum will help. Thanks

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out intense muscle forums, if it still doesn't make sense...I'd recommend trying a different routine to be honest.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just google it man. I would give you my routine, but i dont do exactly what DC does. I do, but not 100% DC. if your interested ill give it to you. works for me. I also have a routine i created thats a blend of DC and 5x5

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Check out intense muscle forums, if it still doesn't make sense...I'd recommend trying a different routine to be honest.
Bingo. The stickies at IM should answer all your questions.

cg123

Awards
just google it man. I would give you my routine, but i dont do exactly what DC does. I do, but not 100% DC. if your interested ill give it to you. works for me. I also have a routine i created thats a blend of DC and 5x5
Ya I would like yours if it's been working for you. My three day split was working great for a while. Then I had an all around workout for basketball. Now I just want to get A new routine to build the most muscle mass possible.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is basically it. i have been on this for about 8 weeks or so and loved it. now i am on a blended routine of DC and 5x5. this routine is kidna a blend of DC and a 3 day split. i dont do shoulders because i will do reverse flys on back day and i get front dealt work with chest and even when i do shoulders, i dont really notice anything different. I ALWAYS change up what exercise i do (BB vs DB vs Machine...etc) and reps vary anywhere from 3 - 15. this is basically what i do. i do a static hold or whatever its called at the last rep of the last set of each exercise as well. stretching throughout the entire workout as well as before and after training.

Monday - A day

Barbell Bench - first set - 15 reps, stretch second set - 12 reps , stretch third set 8 reps followed by 12 breaths, stretch then 4 reps, stretch

Reverse Grip Bench (triceps) - same routine as above ^^^^

DB incline flys - 1st set - 15 reps 2nd set - 10 reps 3rd set - 8 reps followed by a "drop set", lower the weight without pausing and do 8 reps

Skull Crushers - 1 set - 12 reps 2nd set - 8 reps 3rd set - 5 reps followed by a "drop set" of tricep rope extension 12 reps very slow negatives

Cardio sprinting intervals for around 15 min

Wednesday - B Day

Back and Biceps
Same protocol as A day as far as reps sets. i mix up the exercises i do. have a compound lift, accessory lift for Back and Biceps

Thursday - Squats, deadlifts and Abs
I do about 5 sets of squats. 3 sets light and 2 sets heavy

Friday - A day but different exercises

my chest exercises consist of BB flat, BB incline, DB flat, DB incline, Machine press, machine fly, DB flys

Back - deadlifts, T bar Row, Lat pull down, pull ups, v bar row, v bar pulldown, DB row, reverse flys, machine variations of all of these as well

triceps - reverse grip bench, close grip bench, weighted dips (usually on machine), push downs, extensions, skull crushers (EZ bar on bench)

Biceps - i do every kind of bicep movement u can think of

Legs - squats, deads, leg press, lunges, box jumps (for cardio)

These are the different exercises i do each week. i will throw in a different one each time i hit that muscle group

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
If you are willing to spend the money, they have a DVD for DC.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that would be a good investment if you dont understand it by reading it online. i just googled it and a site came up and i read it like 5 times slowly. it can be confusing

cg123

Awards
this is basically it. i have been on this for about 8 weeks or so and loved it. now i am on a blended routine of DC and 5x5. this routine is kidna a blend of DC and a 3 day split. i dont do shoulders because i will do reverse flys on back day and i get front dealt work with chest and even when i do shoulders, i dont really notice anything different. I ALWAYS change up what exercise i do (BB vs DB vs Machine...etc) and reps vary anywhere from 3 - 15. this is basically what i do. i do a static hold or whatever its called at the last rep of the last set of each exercise as well. stretching throughout the entire workout as well as before and after training.

Monday - A day

Barbell Bench - first set - 15 reps, stretch second set - 12 reps , stretch third set 8 reps followed by 12 breaths, stretch then 4 reps, stretch

DB incline flys - 1st set - 15 reps 2nd set - 10 reps 3rd set - 8 reps followed by a "drop set", lower the weight without pausing and do 8 reps

Skull Crushers - 1 set - 12 reps 2nd set - 8 reps 3rd set - 5 reps followed by a "drop set" of tricep rope extension 12 reps very slow negatives

Wednesday - B Day

Back and Biceps
Same protocol as A day as far as reps sets. i mix up the exercises i do. have a compound lift, accessory lift for Back and Biceps

my chest exercises consist of BB flat, BB incline, DB flat, DB incline, Machine press, machine fly, DB flys

Back - deadlifts, T bar Row, Lat pull down, pull ups, v bar row, v bar pulldown, DB row, reverse flys, machine variations of all of these as well

triceps - reverse grip bench, close grip bench, weighted dips (usually on machine), push downs, extensions, skull crushers (EZ bar on bench)

These are the different exercises i do each week. i will throw in a different one each time i hit that muscle group
Do u change the weight and make it higher when you do less reps. Or keep it the same weight?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
You won't be able to use higher weight, you will be wasted. Use same weight and try to get as many reps as you can.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To the OP if you are going to do DC, do it EXACTLY how it is laid out, for a LONG time before monkeying with it. Do the standard 2way split(ie. 3 days a week). Go to IM and READ.

Monday - A day

Wednesday - B Day

Back and Biceps

So wait what is this supposed to be? Your blended DC program?

You have pre-set reps? Or are you just giving an example of what it would look like?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its my own version of DC that has worked well for me and my workout partner. he is a newb and im training him and he has seen crazy results. ive done straight DC before and love it. i just mix it up sometimes and this is one routine i use.

i increase the weight during warmups. the first set i do somewhat heavy, but not very heavy. able to do 15 reps and no more. following that is a set of 12 reps without being able to do anymore. (normal rest between these sets and warmup). then third set i have a set weight and i do NOT move it. do 8 reps followed by a rest of 12 breaths, jump back on it and hit 4 reps.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and no, it isnt my blended version of DC and 5x5. i can post that if anybody wants it. The example i gave is my OWN version of DC. sort of a blend of DC and normal bodybuilding routine. you have the compound lifts with DC style thrown in there with accessory lifts with reps 8 - 12.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Also remember DC is about the extreme stretching and the diet. There is more to it than the routine. Many follow theroutine but ot the rest

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also remember DC is about the extreme stretching and the diet. There is more to it than the routine. Many follow theroutine but ot the rest
the extreme stretching is so vital

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The "specific" diet isn't really all that important if you have your own **** together. The point is to not be eating like a *****, and expecting the full benefit of the program. The premise of DC is to get as big and strong as fast as possible, so he will give recommendations like that to pound it into peoples heads to not expect the full results if they are not putting in work at the dinner plate.

You can make it work on ANY diet however.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, ive done straight DC on a cut before to make sure i dont lose muscle mass. works just fine

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dogg Crapp or DC Training created by Dante Trudel. Here are two important links that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about DC Training...plus it's by the source itself and not second hand information.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19724
http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=17978

The first one is Dante talking about the program and an interview he had about it. The second one is a consolidated thread of links associated with most aspects of the training.

The key principles of DC Training are as follows:
-Heavy progressive weights
-Lower volume but higher frequency of bodyparts hit
-Multi-rep rest pause training
-Extreme Stretching
-Carb cutoffs
-Regular cardio
-High protein intake
-Blasting and cruising phases (periodization)

The basics:

You will have two workouts that will focus on compound movements and hit all major bodyparts (except for traps which are worked through other exercises like deadlifts). You label them as workout "A" and workout "B". These are to be alternated every other time. For example, you workout Mon, Wed, and Fri. So then you would have done workout A on Mon, then B on Wed, and then A again on Fri. Take the weekend to recover. Then the next Mon you start on B since you last ended with A. So that week would be B on Mon, A on Wed, and then B again on Fri. It all evens out.

So what do workouts A and B consist of?

Workout A consists of the following muscle emphasis:
-Chest
-Back Width
-Back Thickness
-Shoulders
-Triceps

Workout B consists of the following muscle emphasis:
-Quads
-Hamstrings
-Biceps
-Forearms
-Calves

After each exercise has been completed, you follow it up with extreme stretching techniques found here, again explained by Dante (the program's creator) himself:
http://http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=9527http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=9527

This routine is for advanced bodybuilders. Basically it's for those that have been lifting for years and are familiar with their body and limits. There is an even more advance version that I will now post but is not for me yet. I'll get my hands wet before I plunge in! You must be careful to do it right and avoid injury.

Alternate and much more advance routine:
This adds a workout "C" to the week. The breakdown looks like this:

Workout A:
-Biceps
-Forearms
-Back Width
-Back Thickness

Workout B:
-Chest
-Shoulders
-Triceps

Workout C:
-Calves
-Hamstrings
-Quadriceps

Variation of muscle exercise used:
DC Training has a list of approved exercises that you can choose from. You can find that info in the links I posted. You will pick 3 different exercises for each category. Take chest for example. You could choose Incline Barbell Press, Hammer Strength Chest Press, and Decline Barbell Bench Press. You will do this for every muslce group/category. Then rotate them with your respective A and B workout. Thus, you will have 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B workout routines. Keep it in that order and repeat.

Rest Pause:
Another huge priciple is that of rest-pause. Basically, after you finish your first working set, you rest for a total of 12-15 deep breaths and then complete your second set. Same thing with your third and final set. It is critical that you go to failure on EVERY working set! With the limited recovery time your sets may look something like this: set 1 you get 8 reps, set 2 you get 4 reps, and set 3 you only get 2 reps. That's good, you've exhausted and stimulated that muscle to grow without an insane amount of volume. Certain exercises, such as deadlifts, use straight sets instead of rest-pause due to safety concerns.

Other related info:
You need to be progressive so track your workouts. Seek to beat your previous workout every time.

Periodization is also important. After 4-6 weeks your body and CNS needs a break and chance to fully recover. This is where you will do an approximate 2 week cruise phase, where you drop the weights and never fo to failure. It's similar in concept to the deloading phase.

Everything else, and anything I missed, are found in those links.

If you want a more personalized and specifically designed workout tailored to you, then you can contact Dante or one of his trained personnel.

DC Training example, weights and rep ranges are only meant as a sample of what it could look like.

Chest
Incline Bench Press (rep range here is 11-15 for the 3 set total):
8x160
6x160
3x160
All done with Rest Pause (RP) for a total of 17 reps. This would be slightly over the rep range here so you would increase the weight slightly next time.

Extreme Stretching for chest

Back Width
Wide grip Pull-Ups (rep range 11-20):
10xBW (body weight)
4xBW
2xBW
RP for 16 total reps and within range.

Extreme Stretching for back/lats

Back Thickness
Deadlifts (Conventional) (rep range 6-9 for first set and 9-12 total between last two sets):
6x315
4x315
4x315
These are Straight sets NOT RP.

Extreme Stretching for back

Shoulders
Shoulder Press (rep range 11-20):
8x110
6x110
3x110
RP

Extreme Stretching for shoulders

Triceps
Close Grip Bench Press:
8x150
6x150
3x150

Extreme Strethcing for triceps

That would be one example of a 1A routine.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So what do workouts A and B consist of?

Workout A consists of the following muscle emphasis:
-Chest
-Back Width
-Back Thickness
-Shoulders
-Triceps

Workout B consists of the following muscle emphasis:
-Quads
-Hamstrings
-Biceps
-Forearms
-Calves

Everything else, and anything I missed, are found in those links.

If you want a more personalized and specifically designed workout tailored to you, then you can contact Dante or one of his trained personnel.

DC Training example, weights and rep ranges are only meant as a sample of what it could look like.
Few things to note. The correct Exercise order is:

A:
Chest
Delt
Tri
Back Width
Back Thick

B:
Bi
Forearm
Calves
Hams
Quads

Periodization is also important. After 4-6 weeks your body and CNS needs a break and chance to fully recover. This is where you will do an approximate 2 week cruise phase, where you drop the weights and never fo to failure. It's similar in concept to the deloading phase.

How long your "blasts" last, and how long/how you cruise is pretty individual. I can usually blast for 8-10 weeks, while some maybe less. There is no set time. If you are making gains, and feel good keep going. Sometimes if you are starting to feel a bit off, you can take a friday off, get back to it on a Monday and extend the blast for a good while longer by just missing that one day. You really just need to listen to your body, and make sure you are progressing/beating the log book. These are all things you will learn the longer you do the program.

Additionally the only DC "approved" trainer AFAIK is Scott Stevenson, so for any training details hit him up.
http://www.scottstevensonphd.com/

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Few things to note. The correct Exercise order is:

A:
Chest
Delt
Tri
Back Width
Back Thick

B:
Bi
Forearm
Calves
Hams
Quads

How long your "blasts" last, and how long/how you cruise is pretty individual. I can usually blast for 8-10 weeks, while some maybe less. There is no set time. If you are making gains, and feel good keep going. Sometimes if you are starting to feel a bit off, you can take a friday off, get back to it on a Monday and extend the blast for a good while longer by just missing that one day. You really just need to listen to your body, and make sure you are progressing/beating the log book. These are all things you will learn the longer you do the program.

Additionally the only DC "approved" trainer AFAIK is Scott Stevenson, so for any training details hit him up.
http://www.scottstevensonphd.com/

Directly from his site:

"RH: Can you give me an example of how the bodyparts might be arranged in a typical training week?
D: For the majority of bodybuilders who are in need of size the following works the best

monday=chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness
wednesday=biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeat of wenesdays bodyparts"

There is no single one way order to do it. You can mix it up. I gave an example of what I prefer, anybody else can set it up however they prefer as long as you hit those specific bodyparts.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK That just shows the exact order I gave.lol

Believe me the listed should be done for anyone starting the program.

They are that order for a reason. If you feel like changing it after a long time that's one thing, but it should always be done exactly as laid out for any one new to it.

I've been around IM and DC long enough to see a million and one people get blasted for messing with the order, especially right off the bat.

PS you are taking that quote out of context as well. He isn't saying it's cool to change the order, rather in the next paragraph lists the alternate 3 way split, for advanced trainees.

Last edited:
Ace28

Ace28

Awards
/?v=FWX4LI6M
/?v=F4B6B6LR

Just put in megavideo dot com in front of both of those. It's the 2day split in the gym three days a week. Can't post links.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta tell ya Frank, it's a breath of fresh air reading someones posts who actually understands DC...not just someone who can regurgitate a sticky or two they read somewhere.

I still cringe every time I see someone make their "own" DC :(

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I gotta tell ya Frank, it's a breath of fresh air reading someones posts who actually understands DC...not just someone who can regurgitate a sticky or two they read somewhere.

I still cringe every time I see someone make their "own" DC :(
Lol thanks. I feel the same way. All these bastardized programs, really irk me. But to each their own.

I was lucky enough to be taught the inns and outs by one of Dates direct trainees, and been DC'ng for 5-6 years. I'm still learning every day.