Has anyone experienced fatigue and lathargy from Vitamin D?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I believe that I'm seeing side effects from 2,000IU and up vitamin D supplementation. The higher the dose the more tired I get. I seem to be ok with 1,000IU though. One day I took 5,000IU and sat on the couch and next thing I know I fell asleep and ended up taking a hour nap and that never happens. Has anyone experienced similiar effects?

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe that I'm seeing side effects from 2,000IU and up vitamin D supplementation. The higher the dose the more tired I get. I seem to be ok with 1,000IU though. One day I took 5,000IU and sat on the couch and next thing I know I fell asleep and ended up taking a hour nap and that never happens. Has anyone experienced similiar effects?
I take 5000 IU every day and have never felt lethargy from it.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have actually.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's almost like I spent a whole day in the sun kind of feeling. I don't know if it's because of the large amounts of vitamin D that the sun makes you tired or if it's just the energy used up to cool yourself off. I wonder if there's a correlation. Can anyone comment?