GI Problems

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
I've been drinking protein shakes for 7-8 years now. For the last 2 weeks I get very bloated and nauseous in my stomach and what feels like my upper intestines at least 2 hours after drinking a shake. It's bad enough to where I can't eat for the duration of the problem.

Shake consists of:
2 scoops ON extreme milk chocolate whey
2 servings egg whites
12 oz of either almond or soy milk

I switched to ON since I loved my first try late last spring. I've tried sipping the shake, switching shakers, and mixing in a blender all to no avail. I have also increased my protein intake in the last 3 months by 2 extra protein shakes, totaling 3 a day. This is driving me crazy, and I'd appreciate any input.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drop the soy milk, and get on a quality probiotic. I'd suggest gut health. It's a little more expensive but that blend has helped a lot. Only you probably would have to take it for s little while before you see good results. And since the shakes or something you're eating killed then you'd probably have to run it in cycles. Like two months on the one on, one off. I'd run it straight through but I'm not that rich...

analogsubstnz

analogsubstnz

Awards
Psyllium husk. At night, drink lots of water or it'll have the opposite affect

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
get a probiotic, after using it for 2wks things should be GTG. A digestive enzyme may also be needed. Last, cut the soy milk in half, 6oz at the most.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good advice in here, already.

I agree with all of it and if anything, eliminate one thing at a time over a week or so and see what happens. I'd ditch the soy milk first. What you blend or mix it in shouldn't make a difference.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pro biotics and digestive enzymes should help out.

Mike

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
Psyllium husk. At night, drink lots of water or it'll have the opposite affect
Psyllium husk at night + water or PH whenever and lots of water at night? What about mixing it with into a shake?

Thanks for the tips, all sounds great, and I'm making a trip to the local health store today.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If all else fails, look into something called motillium. It has saved my life as i have a stomach condition, diagnosed medically that is not treated in the united states properly by the FDA. My stomach and intestines decide to stop movement of contents that are passing through. There should be constant movement, mine, my stomach and intestines tend to fall asleep, leaving me severely bloated as food just sits there. I mega dose motillium before going to a buffet, you should see the amount of food i can pack in!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If all else fails, look into something called motillium. It has saved my life as i have a stomach condition, diagnosed medically that is not treated in the united states properly by the FDA. My stomach and intestines decide to stop movement of contents that are passing through. There should be constant movement, mine, my stomach and intestines tend to fall asleep, leaving me severely bloated as food just sits there. I mega dose motillium before going to a buffet, you should see the amount of food i can pack in!
OMFG. That sounds like something my body loves to do... I have bouts of 4-5 days of nothing leaving... and I do eat... quite a good volume of food...

allieninja

allieninja

Awards
Good advice in here, a probiotic is definitely something to try out. Gut Health is a great option as others have stated. You can also check out Cultivate by SAN
ww.sann.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36&products_id=86
(add a w onto the front, I can't post links yet)

Good luck with your intestinal distress :(

GHO5T

Awards
I have used Gut Health and SAN Culivate. I have found that Cultivate helped with my digestion problems the most while Gut Health simply just made me more regular. I would give them both a try though.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Buy fresh ginger root I mean real root not a supp. Peel it mince it then sauté it in oil when cooking meats and soups. Can be used in a lot of stuff I love the taste. Ginger is the real deal it really works.

Example: I use it in curry so the spices aren't as harsh on the stomach but it doesn't take away from the spiciness it actually enhances the flavor.

dlasusa

Awards
I suffer from IBS, and tried Gut Health, and it seemed to just cause me 10x more problems. In fact, I had ordered 2 bottles with high expectation, but as of now bottle #2 still sits in the fridge unopened. I may try Cultivate, seems like a pretty good Probiotic + Enzymes combined.

allieninja

allieninja

Awards
I suffer from IBS, and tried Gut Health, and it seemed to just cause me 10x more problems. In fact, I had ordered 2 bottles with high expectation, but as of now bottle #2 still sits in the fridge unopened. I may try Cultivate, seems like a pretty good Probiotic + Enzymes combined.
If you want to try out Cultivate, check out our buy 1 get 1 free black friday sale :)
w ww.sann.net/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=34

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want to try out Cultivate, check out our buy 1 get 1 free black friday sale :)
w ww.sann.net/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=34
Question for ya~

It says 3 pills taken before a meal. Does that equate to 9-18 pills a day? Or just once a day taken before a meal?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last time I used pro-biotics.. it turned my sh*t bright yellow and made it burn, like it was acid coming out lol.. no joke. I was raw, and not from excessive wiping!

allieninja

allieninja

Awards
Question for ya~

It says 3 pills taken before a meal. Does that equate to 9-18 pills a day? Or just once a day taken before a meal?
It is your preference how many servings you'd like to take in a day, however I only take 1 serving of 3 pills with dinner and it works great.