VPX CEX Review

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Yes I was convinced by VPX ads to try this creatine out. I will be startng today, so there will probably be no review for a couple weeks. The only creatine products i've tried are:

EAS Phosphagen, Betagen and Riboforce
MuscleTech Cell-Tech
Prolab Pure Creatine Monohydrate

Have never tried any NO products or other types of creatine (just monohydrate). I have not used creatine for over a 15 months and will give CEX a try. I have never seen much gains off creatine after my first run. The first time I've taken creatine strength went through the roof, which was phosphagen. All other products blew me up with water weight but not much strength gains from it. Size gains from creatine (if any at all) are so slow so I don't take that into consideration. What I will be reviewing on are recovery, stamina and STRENGTH! All creatines I've taken give me good recover and stamina but never much strength, so if my lifts increase i'll name this product superior over the rest.

I will only update when I feel need to be. Will take reccomended dosage, 2.5g twice a day. The fun starts now! :twisted:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro...keep us updated on how this product works for you.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
I guess the first thing I can review on is the taste. Mixed 2/3 teaspoon in 12-14 oz. (eyeballed it out) and it tastes like gatorades propel water. I have the berry flavor and the dilution of taste is identical to gatorade propel water. So the taste can go both ways. I myself don't mind the watered flavors of propel water, so i'll be fine. No burn, no upset stomach as well. And it mixes instantly. There were no particles on the bottle of the cup or floating around...dissolved like a charm.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
MB-

Very interested in this product. Please keep a good log for the rest of us! AM is watching!

M

Dan

Awards
You know in the back of my mind I'm kind of hoping this stuff is actually better than other creatine, but I'm very skeptical.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully it goes great...just thought i'd try since not much reviews on the product floating around. BB.com has a great cycle log there, but it kinda makes me wonder if its a VPX rep marketing the product. The review is so professionally done and it is blown out of proportion. Who knows, maybe its the real deal. ONly one way to find out.
I started last night just to get a serving in. I will be taking a serving before heading to the gym. I'll review if there's any boost of energy like all the new products claim to provide.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know which "review" on bb.com that you're referring to, that one is ALMOST certainly an add, rather than an honest user review. The supposed strength increases that guy is claiming are ridiculous, and as such has left me severely skeptical. Mind you, once other reviews/feedback starts to trickle in, I might still be convinced to give the stuff a shot if feedback is highly positive.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I would imagine that if Sldge and Custom both plan on offering similar products, the stuff should be pretty good.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't forget, CEX isn't just CEE but also has C-AKG with it, whatever that means.

I've been using CEX for over a month, and have noticed great strength increases.
I am stocked up on it too. I probably have a year's worth.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully I experience the same. I seem to never see much strength increases, just recovery, bloat, and stamina.

topolo

Banned
Awards
I used it and got no results but I don't respond well to creatine.

Dan

Awards
Maybe this is gonna be another one of those things that works great for some and not at all for others.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you guys with 100% confidence that Bob on bb.com is not a VPX rep. The only people employed by VPX that frequent the boards are Sixthsense and I.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Custom and Sledge will be coming out with it so I'm sure more people will be trying it soon.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget, CEX isn't just CEE but also has C-AKG with it, whatever that means.

I've been using CEX for over a month, and have noticed great strength increases.
I am stocked up on it too. I probably have a year's worth.
Lucky bastard :whip: It's all good though I'm gettin some :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Not a great creatine mono responder myself but AAKG works great for me. Going to give Krealkalyn a try while I'm waiting for Custom's blend.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
well guys, not sure if the strength gain on my bench is natural occurring, but i've been plateaued at 220 x 10 reps for a long time, could never get past 8 reps on 225, but i did 225 for 10 today baby!! i know i know 2 reps, but keep in mind, i hit a huge plateau and been stuck at 8 for a couple months.

as for the energy boost....nada. But the stamina is sure there...haven't noticed faster recovery times yet....

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not a great creatine mono responder myself but AAKG works great for me. Going to give Krealkalyn a try while I'm waiting for Custom's blend.
don't waste your time with Krealkalyn if you're a creatine mono non-responder. pure crap for me.

swany

Awards
Krealkalyn is crap.

CEE has been great for me. I've been on the CEX and It's the best creatine i've ever used. The thing that stinks is that MRI, who's going for the patent was just declined for the second time by the FDA for approval. They have to prove its safe "long term" since it's an entirely new chemical and isn't found in food. In the meantime these other companies are selling this stuff and MRI is getting screwed but they never should have let the cat out the bag until they had approval, if they ever can. Patrick Arnold said that the FDA at any time can have the other companies stop selling this stuff. I don't know if there would be any warning but I'm planning to load up if that happens.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed any pumps out of the ordinary...maybe its too early to tell, I just started 4 days ago. I'll keep you all posted.

Dan

Awards
Getting back to the topic at hand, I just ordered a bottle of CEX so hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to provide some feedback as well.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm ndn diablo, you're acting as if Custom stole your girlfriend, please quit it, I was hoping to see someone's opinon on CEX, but I wound up seeing you act like a punk. You need a shot of some liquor to cool you down bro. Anger is bad for you.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Not much to report so far...but one thing I noticed thats different is no water gain. They claim no water gain, but its hard to believe one would not gain water when taking creatine monohydrate. Usually by day 5 i'm holding water...not this time!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cleaned up. Keep the posts pertaining to the log and/or product or you will be asked not to post. Thanks.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
I must say everyone, the strength gains are actually coming with this product. Like I mentioned before, I seemed to lack the strength benefits from creatine products but not this one. I am not seeing extraordinary gains, but every workout i'm getting stronger. Pumps, nope. Recovery, yes! Stamina, yes! One thing I noticed also, I don't piss every 30 minutes off this stuff like other creatine products.

Dan

Awards
Are you eating enough cals in order to gain mass? Side note: I recieved my bottle of CEX in the mail yesterday (UPS charged me $35 in export fees :frustrate ). I have not used creatine in about half a year, so in order to make an accurate comparison to regular monohydrate, I am running a 3 week cycle of monohydrate first, then I will take 1 week off, and then begin using CEX.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Like I said, the muscle gains from creatine (if any) are so slow, I don't link muscle gain to creatine, rather link it to hard work, diet, training. Maybe I am gaining muscle from the CEX, but thats not part of my review.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
to answer your question, yes I am eating enough cals. I actually had to lower them a little recently b/c body fat has been climbing. I"m close to 13% now. I will be doing a 6 week cycle of m1,4/1test/4ad in a couple weeks, but I would like my bf to be around 10-11% so I have some dieting to do. I don't do much cardio, so i'll just be eating at maintanence but will be doing cardio 3x's a week.

Dan

Awards
I understand your point; creatine isn't going to make your mass gains for you but it should help you make mass gains somewhat faster, and if CEX is whats its cracked up to be then it should speed up gains moreso than monohydrate would, otherwise its a waste of $$ if you ask me.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
One thing I wanted to discuss that I have recently noticed. Over the last few days I am having light sleeps. I am usually a person who is pretty much comatose when I sleep. I never wake up....lately I have been. I have been waking up in the middle of the night and rolling around. This morning I woke up with my pillow cover off my pillow and my blanket on the ground. Not to mention I've been very tired these past few days.

First thing I asked myself was if i'm overtraining. I don't think so b/c I am from the islands and this past weekend I took off from the weights (THURS,FRI, SAT, SUN) to go to another island. The only thing I can do is link it to CEX (only supplement taking other than protein). Maybe i'm taking it too late...last dose is 2 hours b/f sleeping. I am taking a multi vit ed and eating quite a bit.

I've never had sleeping problems with other creatines...topics open for discussion even though its off the CEX review subject.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
got mine in the mail,

empty stomach, 2 servings of cex, went to the gym,

very good pumps, nothing in my system that would bring that kind of pump on.

i went from a mushy feeling in about 30 minutes to feeling very hard and ready to go hit it.
so far so good, i will let you know how the strength, endurance comes if it changes noticebly.
it was good to see that 4test cyp in the mail too.

dragonvenomz

Awards
i was just wondering i went to gnc and bought cex whats the copyright on it? wanna make sure i didnt get something 4 yrs old rofl

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
i was just wondering i went to gnc and bought cex whats the copyright on it? wanna make sure i didnt get something 4 yrs old rofl
No, they still make it. And I can get some really cheap at my local Vitamin Shoppe. But I still haven't decided if I should.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Solution Supplements 45
ImJ2x Supplements 6
jbono731 Supplements 13
Supplements 20
Supplements 4