Scivation Xtend or Modern BCAA - AnabolicMinds.com

Scivation Xtend or Modern BCAA

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Scivation Xtend or Modern BCAA

I've been looking into an intraworkout and these two have been the two highest rated. Has anyone tried both of these and can compare the effects?

2. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My vote would be for Xtend
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  250 lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I agree.
    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!

www.GetDS.com
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry.

There's a nasty rumor not to trust me on this, but if you read all 50 pages of that thread you'll see it was just a lark!

Seriously, AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry, best value BCAA!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

My vote would be modernbcaa

- good flavors
    - higher ratio of leucine
    - sustamine wont start smelling funky if your mix sits a while...as I usually mix some and sip throughout the day
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Xtend, simply because there's more data on the 2:1:1 bcaa ratio than the the 8:1:1 USP labs uses. But both are definitely solid products, either one would work
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry.

There's a nasty rumor not to trust me on this, but if you read all 50 pages of that thread you'll see it was just a lark!

Seriously, AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry, best value BCAA!
    It is a true statement, you can almost NEVER trust Milas. However, he is correct with this one. Red Raspberry is very good and quite affordable. I have also tried both of the other one's, the xtend and MBCAA's. I like them both but find xtend to be a better ratio, flavor, and mixing.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf

It is a true statement, you can almost NEVER trust Milas. However, he is correct with this one. Red Raspberry is very good and quite affordable. I have also tried both of the other one's, the xtend and MBCAA's. I like them both but find xtend to be a better ratio, flavor, and mixing.
    Optimum nutrition makes a unflavored bcaa which is less than 20 bucks for 60 servings. Goes great with crystal light and a spoon of optimum nutrition creapure unflavored.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Red Raspberry RecoverPRO is definitely the way to go on this one. Just whatever you do--do not get the lemon. Seriously. It's a total Brit's flavour. And as has been stated, Milas is most certainly not trustworthy. He is also a pathological liar. I, however, am not. So, his lie happened to be a truth and my truths are always truths...ya dig?

And I've used both ModernBCAA and Xtend (not the new version, though) and both are fine. I prefer 4:1:1, though.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Optimum nutrition makes a unflavored bcaa which is less than 20 bucks for 60 servings. Goes great with crystal light and a spoon of optimum nutrition creapure unflavored.
    I do like ON and get their unflavored protein powder (Any Whey) but I've had unflavored BCAA's and they taste incredibly foul, even when I tried to disguise the taste in something else.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I do like ON and get their unflavored protein powder (Any Whey) but I've had unflavored BCAA's and they taste incredibly foul, even when I tried to disguise the taste with my urine.
    I haven't gone to the lengths that kingjames has, but if I'm using any unflavored BCAAs, I want them mixed with a flavored BCAA product, which tends to be stronger than Crystal Light or anything comparable.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I haven't used either of those two things you have spoke of but I've heard a couple nice things about xtend and 3 nice things about modern, so I know they're both good. I honestly think it's not that big of a deal which one you go with, I think it's more about preference. That's why I drink Lemon flavored RecoverPRO, it is tasty and perfect, and also the only recovery drink I've ever used in my entire life. I prefer it, and so should YOU.
    Lemon RecoverPRO: get your heal on!
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I haven't gone to the lengths that kingjames has, but if I'm using any unflavored BCAAs, I usually chase them by biting into a whole lemon. Tastes exactly like Lemon RecoverPRO and it's well worth the extra couple dollars.
    I can't imagine biting a lemon but I agree on the RecoverPro Lemon flavored.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

I suggest everyone makes a HOMEMADE version of xtend like I do. Buy the 1 kilo BCAAs, bulk glutamine, bulk citrulline malate, and then get some b6 capsules. Buy a really cheap food scale. I do two servings during a workout. I measure 14 g bcaas, 5 g glutamine, 2 g citrulline malate, and pour in some of the b6 powder from the capsules. Add some flavoring packet and BAM xtend cheaper than the real thing.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I haven't gone to the lengths that kingjames has, but if I'm using any unflavored BCAAs, I want them mixed with a flavored BCAA product, which tends to be stronger than Crystal Light or anything comparable.
    yeah I'd think I'd need much more flavor masking to down it. I still got 3/4 of a tub of PP's unflavored iBCAA's. Mixes very well, probably one of the best, but the taste is like Milas breath in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I haven't used either of those two things you have spoke of but I've heard a couple nice things about xtend and 3 nice things about modern, so I know they're both good. I honestly think it's not that big of a deal which one you go with, I think it's more about preference. That's why I drink Lemon flavored RecoverPRO, it is tasty and perfect, and also the only recovery drink I've ever used in my entire life. I prefer it, and so should YOU.
    Lemon RecoverPRO: get your heal on!
    You sir, are a complete liar as well. Don't try to mislead the OP with that Lemon trash. We all know Red Raspberry is where it's at, they have plenty in stock so no need to worry about the secret getting out.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I suggest everyone makes a HOMEMADE version of xtend like I do. Buy the 1 kilo BCAAs, bulk glutamine, bulk citrulline malate, and then get some b6 capsules. Buy a really cheap food scale. I do two servings during a workout. I measure 14 g bcaas, 5 g glutamine, 2 g citrulline malate, and pour in some of the b6 powder from the capsules. Add some flavoring packet and BAM xtend cheaper than the real thing.
    too much work. I'll pay extra for the convenience and the better flavor.
  17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I don't always drink BCAAs, but when I do, I drink RecoverPro Red Raspberry. Stay thirsty my friends...

Seriously though, I've tried working with the bulk unflavored BCAA, and it SUCKS. Doing that with crystal light actually costs more I've found, than getting a good deal on RecoverPro. It's totally worth it to get a good flavored BCAA you'll enjoy and drink rather than a tub of rubbish you have to choke down and end up not using.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Wow, I won't even go through that much trouble to get laid! I'll pay (and mind you only marginally more) for the better service and convenience!
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Cottage Cheese
    Blender
    Profit?
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Just looked it up and am intrigued. Anybody have any feedback on it yet?

I don't always drink BCAAs, but when I do, I drink RecoverPro Red Raspberry. Stay thirsty my friends...

Seriously though, I've tried working with the bulk unflavored BCAA, and it SUCKS. Doing that with crystal light actually costs more I've found, than getting a good deal on RecoverPro. It's totally worth it to get a good flavored BCAA you'll enjoy and drink rather than a tub of rubbish you have to choke down and end up not using.
    It kinda goes hand in hand with most of your posts...you know, the rubbish part.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Wow, I won't even go through that much trouble to get laid! I'll pay (and mind you only marginally more) for the better service and convenience!
    It takes literally 2 minutes to open three jars and scoop really fast..I already had a food scale it really isn't an inconvenience
  23. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

All I ever use.
  24. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    That
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

It takes literally 2 minutes to open three jars and scoop really fast..I already had a food scale it really isn't an inconvenience
    Within that 2 minutes, I get laid... As I said, more effort than getting laid...
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

If anybody needs any samples of RecoverPro contact PM stxnas with a request and he'll get some out pronto. Also click over to http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition for more info on Lemon RecoverPro.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

I've mixed bulk (not NP's) BCAAs with GV flavoring and I didn't like it at all. I used grape and I can't recall the other flavor; cherry, maybe (but I had the individual travel packets, not the big container--not sure if there's any difference, as in store, I only saw the big containers with sugar and not the 10cal/serving, like the individual packets). The big thing for me, though, is that I mix my aminos in a half-gallon jug and drink them through my entire workout; not just in a normal-sized shaker. So that's where the biggest difference lies for me, probably.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

LEMON REcover Pro! (Have used mMdern BCAA, mixes well, tastes good. Just a bit pricey.)
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I've mixed bulk (not NP's) BCAAs with GV flavoring and I didn't like it at all. I used grape and I can't recall the other flavor; cherry, maybe (but I had the individual travel packets, not the big container--not sure if there's any difference, as in store, I only saw the big containers with sugar and not the 10cal/serving, like the individual packets). The big thing for me, though, is that I mix my aminos in a half-gallon jug and drink them through my entire workout; not just in a normal-sized shaker. So that's where the biggest difference lies for me, probably.
    yeah the unflavored are nasty but I'm not sure about this one. I always like to get feedback from other people before I buy another tub of aminos. I got too many open ones now already. Some cause I wanted to try them and some because I'm going through them slowly cause they really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    RED RASPBERRY REcover Pro! (Have used mMdern BCAA, mixes well, tastes good. Just a bit pricey.)
    Modern BCAA's taste wasn't bad but I thought the mixability was terrible, no matter how I did it.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Within that 2 minutes, I get laid... As I said, more effort than getting laid...
    I am sorry you only last two minutes
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Xtend.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  32. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The whole container (of the cups) into a kilo kills the taste. The packets require at least all 6 packets and some...

$42 for a homebrewed kilo of NP flavored BCAA's
  33. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Does the grape do a decent job of masking the taste? I have tried this before with other powdered drink packets and it didn't work too well
  34. Pro Virili Parte

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    The whole container (of the cups) into a kilo kills the taste. The packets require at least all 6 packets and some...

$42 for a homebrewed kilo of NP flavored BCAA's
    Sorry I didn't see this reply before I posted.. Have you tried other flavors and are they as good at covering the taste or is it just grape?
  35. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

IIRC I may have tried fruit punch.

The fact that the grape is strong enough that there is zero BCAA taste is a good indication of the potential for other flavors to do as good a job. Although grape is notorious for effective masking.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

AMS Body Mortar CF

I love this stuff, mixes well tastes great and carb free.... it says 30 servings... i swear theres more cause an entire jug lasts me almost 30 days and i double dose it every workout day (5days a week)... Has a great 4:1:1 profile +glutamine...

Also its CHEAP. Like 20 bucks at most places.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough
    AMS Body Mortar CF

I love this stuff, mixes well tastes great and carb free.... it says 30 servings... i swear theres more cause an entire jug lasts me almost 30 days and i double dose it every workout day (5days a week)... Has a great 4:1:1 profile +glutamine...

Also its CHEAP. Like 20 bucks at most places.
    I do have to agree with you on the body mortar but I love my carbs so I go with original.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  189 lbs.

It is a little pricey, but Core ABCs is the best BCAA supplement (and then some) that I have tried. I have also used Extend and enjoy the taste of Core ABCs much better.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I do have to agree with you on the body mortar but I love my carbs so I go with original.
    oh believe you me, I love the carbs.... just not intra workout... I want to stimulate GH release as much as possible and save the insulin flood for my post workout meal.

Just me.

Also when dieting and taking things like Rauwolscine or ephedrine that is best taken on an empty stomach 30min-1hr before food (avoiding insulin) then I like to drink aminos first thing in the morning while these are kicking in to prevent catabolism.

plus their CF version is greatly flavored, I usually HATE diet drinks with sweeteners.... I cant even tell the difference with Body Mortar CF.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Xtend's new formula for blue raspberry is delicious. its a little too delicious actually, which causes me to pointlessly drink too much of it.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Modern BCAA, Xtend, Recoup
    By ryane87 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 09:43 AM
  2. Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(
    By mjonesjr8 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:00 AM
  3. Inner circle Modern bcaa? anyone got it?
    By halfhuman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 12:02 AM