Does beta alanine powder have flavor??

rqtball

Awards
For my racquetball training I am taking 2 16 oz bottles of xtend, I drink a half of one on the way to my gym(3 scoops as recommended by someone here and I put 1 scoop of creatine in it) then I drink the rest of the bottle during my training and another 3 scoops in a bottle after my training.

I was thinking about adding beta alanine to the bottle also but dont want it to taste nasty...right now the xtend tastes great and is not thick, tastes like a good powerade.

Thanks
Scott

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
as far as bulk powders go, BA isnt bad at all.....most likely wont even notice it in the xtend

TMCCLUNG

TMCCLUNG

Awards
I break open my MST Carnage caps and put them in my drinks (RPG) all the time. Don't notice the taste at all. Now when I add Athlytes I can taste it but it is still fine.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PrImordials tastes nasty

ToNNNNyT

Awards
I haven't come across any but I prefer bulk powders I get to be unflavoured.

rqtball

Awards
I just found a tub of capsules from serious nutrition solutions..maybe 30 or 40 left....anyone know if I opened them and put in the drink if they would have a nasty taste???

Scott

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just found a tub of capsules from serious nutrition solutions..maybe 30 or 40 left....anyone know if I opened them and put in the drink if they would have a nasty taste???

Scott

uhhhhh, its BA powder, we've already answered your question about taste.........

the powder in plain BA caps is the same as in bulk powder tubs.....

rqtball

Awards
Someone said that PrImordials was nasty tasting so I was wondering if these caps were nasty tasting also?? sheesh

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
at worst, beta-alanine might have a very slight bitter taste to it, but it's unflavored and if you mix it with something like xtend you most likely won't notice it

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never noticed a bad taste with it. I've mainly used iforce ba powder and sns ba caps.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very little taste if anything, wont be noticed if mixed with something with flavor.

Mike

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its very bitter, at least PP's. Of course I shovel it right into my mouth and then chase it with water so that could be why :D