Coleus Forskholli in transdermal??

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
Would it work better if I make the bulk powder into a transdermal?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
The only advantage to making a transdermal for forskolin that I can think of is to avoid the runs at high doses(lower quality stuff as well), its generally just easier to take it orally and seeing as it works systemically making the delivery system and everything is just wasted effort. Also consider many things have poorer bio availability when absorbed through the skin.

I wouldn't, just dose it orally bro dawg

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I wouldn't. Forskolin's effects are pretty systemic. A negative but irrelevant (due to dosage) effect is premature glycogen depletion, but it is nothing to worry about. On the flip side, testosterone is elevated by the increase in cAMP. IMO, the system benefits - costs outweigh the topical benefits - costs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would opt for it orally; some things are better transdermal, but forskholli is not one of them.

Mike

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
The only advantage to making a transdermal for forskolin that I can think of is to avoid the runs at high doses(lower quality stuff as well), its generally just easier to take it orally and seeing as it works systemically making the delivery system and everything is just wasted effort. Also consider many things have poorer bio availability when absorbed through the skin.

I wouldn't, just dose it orally bro dawg
Say what? By that I'm hoping you mean that drugs are limited by their structure for transdermal administration (small and lipophilic will diffuse through the skin's membrane fairly easily). Being that it bypasses first-pass hepatic metabolism, drugs that fit the bill will have a higher availability than those drugs taken orally.

However, I do agree Forskolin should probably just be taken orally. I would never try to make my own transdermal patch and there's really not much of a reason to do so in the first place.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys.

Ordered some c-bolic 95% forskolin. Ill post up a review after a month or so

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Say what? By that I'm hoping you mean that drugs are limited by their structure for transdermal administration (small and lipophilic will diffuse through the skin's membrane fairly easily). Being that it bypasses first-pass hepatic metabolism, drugs that fit the bill will have a higher availability than those drugs taken orally.

However, I do agree Forskolin should probably just be taken orally. I would never try to make my own transdermal patch and there's really not much of a reason to do so in the first place.
Yah my point was based on the compound being able to permeate the skin, in the end its probably just easier to take Forskolin orally.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys.

Ordered some c-bolic 95% forskolin. Ill post up a review after a month or so
I am planning on adding that to my PCT, curious what you think. Run an informal log man.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I am planning on adding that to my PCT, curious what you think. Run an informal log man.
Forskolin is something you could run solo on a recomp and see some results out of it, good stuff

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forskolin is something you could run solo on a recomp and see some results out of it, good stuff
Yes that is why it is in BioForge, Drive, Recreate and many other products, it works as advertised. I like the test boosting aspect from a different MOA than what is in EndoSurge and of course a SERM.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Yes that is why it is in BioForge, Drive, Recreate and many other products, it works as advertised. I like the test boosting aspect from a different MOA than what is in EndoSurge and of course a SERM.
The test boosting effects are very minimal.