Pre workout Supps

  1. Pre workout Supps


    Hey guys I will be working out first thing in the morning before class this upcoming semester and would like some advice on how when I should take my preworkout supps. I will be taking NO-xplode (which it says to take on an empty stomach and not eat anything within 45 minutes of taking it), taurine, nitro jet, and GO. Should I just take them all at once and then when I get to the gym (30-45 minutes later) start drinking my during workout shake of ICE and gatorade powder. Thanks and your input would be greatly appreciated.


  2. I keep it simple: 5g of creatine and a couple of banana's. About an hour before I workout I'll have a scoop of whey mixed with water.

    I wouldn't bother with the NO supplements, they're a waste of money.

  3. The NO xplode is not just a NO supp, its a mix combination of different things. It looks promising so I thought I would give it a try when I bulked...either that or swole v2 cause I have had good results with that previously.
    •   
       


  4. Manu, that looks fine as you outlined. Just watch out for an upset stomach, if anything

  5. I workout on an empty stomach at 4am, so I just pop a couple T-Rex and some Green Tea caps and hit it hard!
    I'll do the T-Rex for 3 weeks and then switch to another product for a few weeks.

    Gumbo

  6. I'd stick with the swole, or just get some taurine and creatine powder seperate and mix those up with some whey and carbs.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo
    I workout on an empty stomach at 4am, so I just pop a couple T-Rex and some Green Tea caps and hit it hard!
    I'll do the T-Rex for 3 weeks and then switch to another product for a few weeks.

    Gumbo
    That sounds ridiculously catabolic, but I bet on an empty stomach those stims hit like a freight train.

    My typical pre-workout nutrition for 6 am lifting is 20 grams of EAAs + 15 grams of dextrose + 15 grams of sucrose + some form of creatine, all taken 20 minutes pre-workout. If you are not a fan of EAAs and have a reasonably strong stomach, go with whey isolate.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah
    That sounds ridiculously catabolic, but I bet on an empty stomach those stims hit like a freight train.

    My typical pre-workout nutrition for 6 am lifting is 20 grams of EAAs + 15 grams of dextrose + 15 grams of sucrose + some form of creatine, all taken 20 minutes pre-workout. If you are not a fan of EAAs and have a reasonably strong stomach, go with whey isolate.
    True, but I find that I feel lightheaded if I eat anything before. Would you recommend a protein shake about a half hour before lifting? I already take a thick shake at night just before bed.

    My goal is to stay lean, rather than huge. I'm currently 5'10" and 200lbs. My bodyfat fluctuates between 6%-10% depending on the time of year, vacation, etc.....

    Thanks,

    Gumbo

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo
    True, but I find that I feel lightheaded if I eat anything before. Would you recommend a protein shake about a half hour before lifting? I already take a thick shake at night just before bed.

    My goal is to stay lean, rather than huge. I'm currently 5'10" and 200lbs. My bodyfat fluctuates between 6%-10% depending on the time of year, vacation, etc.....

    Thanks,

    Gumbo
    How often do you eat during the day? If you eat every, say, 4-5 hours on average (conservative estimate for most bodybuilders) and go to bed any time before midnight, your body is already "expecting" another meal. If you are already in a catabolic state before beginning your workouts, I think it is safe to say that cortisol levels will be through the roof, possibly hindering muscle gain and fat loss. I have gotten the light-headed feeling myself when I first began experimenting with pre-workout nutrition, but once I got down the timing and ratio of protein:carbs, my workouts became more productive and my recovery improved substantially. I'd say give it a whirl.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah
    My typical pre-workout nutrition for 6 am lifting is 20 grams of EAAs + 15 grams of dextrose + 15 grams of sucrose + some form of creatine, all taken 20 minutes pre-workout. If you are not a fan of EAAs and have a reasonably strong stomach, go with whey isolate.
    GFK, from your past experiences of making custom mixes, and making your own concoctions, do you think you found a winner, for pre-workout? I know that is similar to Beast's pre-workout formula. How do you like it?


  11. Quote Originally Posted by sawastea
    GFK, from your past experiences of making custom mixes, and making your own concoctions, do you think you found a winner, for pre-workout? I know that is similar to Beast's pre-workout formula. How do you like it?

    Although I have liked experimenting with newer compounds (diarginine malate, hmb, citrulline malate, b-alanine, etc.), I don't feel that their benefits are justified by the additional cost. As far as returns for the money spent, I believe that what I listed is a solid pre-workout suggestion for anyone. It can also serve as a foundation to which things such as GO, Nitrojet, Body Octane, what have you, may be added. In the next few months I would like to stay away from gimmicky products, apportioning the spared money into food, whey, and EFAs. We'll see if I follow through...

  12. Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah
    How often do you eat during the day? If you eat every, say, 4-5 hours on average (conservative estimate for most bodybuilders) and go to bed any time before midnight, your body is already "expecting" another meal. If you are already in a catabolic state before beginning your workouts, I think it is safe to say that cortisol levels will be through the roof, possibly hindering muscle gain and fat loss. I have gotten the light-headed feeling myself when I first began experimenting with pre-workout nutrition, but once I got down the timing and ratio of protein:carbs, my workouts became more productive and my recovery improved substantially. I'd say give it a whirl.
    How often do I eat?....hmmmm, every 2-3 hour starting at 6:30am (not counting the post-workout shake). Calories range from 250-500. I'm gonna mess around with some pre-workout protein/carb ratios and see what happens.

    Thanks,

    Gumbo

  13. Gumbo,

    i trained first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for a couple of years. that's how i justified my pre-bed meals but i feel much better now having some protein & carbs 30-45 minutes pre w/o.

    dex, malto & glucose made me pretty fat but i had some pretty good workouts having honey & whey pre w/o.

    it took a while to get used to it but now i can't do without it. the only exception is the night before legs i have pizza or pasta & NOTHING pre w/o.

    might pay to add some Vit.C pre & post w/o as well. very under rated supp.

    Jag

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Jag
    Gumbo,

    i trained first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for a couple of years. that's how i justified my pre-bed meals but i feel much better now having some protein & carbs 30-45 minutes pre w/o.

    dex, malto & glucose made me pretty fat but i had some pretty good workouts having honey & whey pre w/o.

    it took a while to get used to it but now i can't do without it. the only exception is the night before legs i have pizza or pasta & NOTHING pre w/o.

    might pay to add some Vit.C pre & post w/o as well. very under rated supp.

    Jag
    Well, for the past 2 weeks, I've been taking 30-40 grams of whey protein on the way to the gym and can already see and feel a difference. I still take my stims (t-rex, green tea, etc) upon waking, but appear to be making better progress with the extra protein before. I may try adding a little maltodextrin to the mix and see how I feel. The only problem is that sometimes, when I take carbs before working out, I get light-headed. Only seems to happen when I do cardio to warm up before working legs. Not sure what the relation is yet, but I'm going to experiment some more.

    Thanks,

    Gumbo
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need help picking a pre-workout supp
    By LTX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
  2. What are YOUR two favorite PRE-workout supps?
    By LakeMountD in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 08:41 PM
  3. BEST pre-workout supp EVER!
    By canadian champ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 07:53 PM
  4. suggestions for pre-workout supps.
    By gqsuperman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 08:40 PM
  5. Pre- Workout supps
    By davisville64 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Log in
Log in