Supps to help with focus

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I'm wondering if there are any supplements to help with focus or ADD naturally. I'm not to keen on aderall, and after a trial run I've decided that it's not for me. Is there any good supplements to give me better mental focus or drive?

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
Check out Focus XT. The caffeine-free version will be out soon as well.

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
I'm wondering if there are any supplements to help with focus or ADD naturally. I'm not to keen on aderall, and after a trial run I've decided that it's not for me. Is there any good supplements to give me better mental focus or drive?
From experience I would recommend either acetyl-l-carnitine or NADH. Or both. Both have a tremendous amount of research along the lines of the management of ADD.

If the lack of focus is a more of a "racing mind" then I would say acetyl-l-carnitine.

If the lack of focus is more of a lack of alertness, like you need a cup of coffee, then I would recommend NADH.

I struggle with ADD as well and these supps have helped me. I actually use both.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I'm one of those guys that never really had to study, and could always have like a 3.5 or better, but I'm getting my ass kicked right now and just need something to help me actually sit down and study and not get side tracked. I'll look into all that. Thanks man.

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
I'm one of those guys that never really had to study, and could always have like a 3.5 or better, but I'm getting my ass kicked right now and just need something to help me actually sit down and study and not get side tracked. I'll look into all that. Thanks man.
I know!

While you started this thread you had a term paper up that you started on about an hour ago that you plan on getting back to later, you are probably on Facebook checking out all of your friends updates, on another screen you are working on your fantasy football lineup and you are intermittently reading the articles in the new Maxim magazine- all why chatting online with a few friends.

Am I close?

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Actually I have acquired some aderall so I'm pretty in the zone right now, but I couldn't live on this stuff. Took it at 12, was crashing at like 2:30. I felt out of my body but still focussed. I got a caffeine smoothie from smoothie king and some ass lighting to keep me more alert. It's like I'm tired, but can't sleep. I don't do the whole maxim thing, but Facebook and fantasy are always on my list.
Thankfully I did a duel enrollment my senior year of highschool and got done all my English's and histories for all my college. No term papers, but I'm studying for Econ, psych, calc, theater, and isds. Terrible with the sidetracks.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
focus xt ftmfw. awesome as a standalone focus supp.....throw in some bulk 1,3 or ephedrine if you want a little extra kick with it.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SNS Focus XT is exactly what you are looking for.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
focus xt ftmfw. awesome as a standalone focus supp.....throw in some bulk 1,3 or ephedrine if you want a little extra kick with it.
agreed, FXT and 1,3 dimeth are a potent combo that I like. Add some picamilion and ALCAR and it's a wicked stack!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FocusXT is what I vote for :)!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT as everyone stated

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
My submission.....

http://www.cabergolean.com/pages/hgh-supplement

Cabergolean improves memory and the ability to focus

Cabergolean improves memory and the ability to focus by increasing the amount of the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine and Dopamine. Acetylcholine is involved with synaptic plasticity, specifically in learning, short-term memory and the ability to sustain attention and focus. Studies involving Dopamine's effects on cognitive performance clearly illustrate the link between enhanced cognitive performance and Dopamine production(28,29).

Huperzine A, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Pantothenic Acid, and dimethylethanolamine (DMAE) either facilitate the release and synthesis of Acetylcholine or inhibit Acetylcholinesterase (an enzyme that degrades Acetylcholine)(4,5,15).

Cabergolean also employs the use of N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine. N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine has been shown to improve memory, increase energy and allow the energy-producing organelles in our cells (mitochondria) to work more effectively by protecting them from free radicals(20,21). Cabergolean also employs NADH as a scavenger of free radicals. NADH is also referred to as Coenzyme 1. NADH (or Coenzyme 1) executes the scavenging of free radicals better than any other biological substance known to the body.

[28] Nieoullon A. Dopamine and the regulation of cognition and attention. Prog Neurobiol 2002;67:53–83.
[29] Kulisevsky J. Role of dopamine in learning and memory: implications for the treatment of cognitive dysfunction in patients with Parkinson's disease. Drugs Aging 2001;16:65-7
(4) Br J Pharmacol, 1988 September; 95(1):77. Effects of ethanol and pantothenic acid on brain acetylcholine synthesis. L. Rivera-Calimlim, D. Hartley, and D. Osterhout. Department of Pharmacology, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642.
(5) Eur J Med Res. 2003 May 30;8(5):183-91. Dimpfel W, Wedekind W, Keplinger I. Efficacy of dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) containing vitamin-mineral drug combination on EEG patterns in the presence of different emotional states. Pro Science, Private Research Clinic GmbH - med. Forschung und Entwicklung -, Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 9, D-35440 Linden, Germany. [email protected]
(15) Wang R, Yan H, Tang XC. Progress in studies of huperzine A, a natural cholinesterase inhibitor from Chinese herbal medicine. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006 Jan;27(1):1-26
(20) Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Nov;1033:108-16. Delaying the mitochondrial decay of aging with acetylcarnitine. Ames BN, Liu J. Nutritional Genomics Center, Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA. [email protected].
(21) Memory loss in old rats is associated with brain mitochondrial decay and RNA/ DNA oxidation: Partial reversal by feeding acetyl-L-carnitine and or alpha lipoic acid. Jiankang Liu, Elizabeth Head, Afshin M. Gharib, Wenjun Yuan, Russell T. Ingersoll, Tory M. Hagen, Carl W. Cotman, and Bruce N. Ames. Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720; Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, 5700 Martin Luther King, Jr., Way, Oakland, CA 94609; Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-4540; and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Focus XT

or if you don't want stimulants, go with ALCAR.

Either way, stack them with a racetam (start with Piracetam).

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
When giving suggestions know that I'm looking more towards focus on school work, not workouts. The focus xt looks awesome, but the 200 mg of caffeine seems like that could get harmful after a while. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
When giving suggestions know that I'm looking more towards focus on school work, not workouts. The focus xt looks awesome, but the 200 mg of caffeine seems like that could get harmful after a while. Thanks for the help though. I appreciate it.
Nothing harmful about 200mg caffeine my friend. Again, if the caffeine scares you off, try ALCAR + Piracetam. Add in Hup A for memory as you see fit.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
It doesn't scare me, I just don't want to be wired all day, or for four hours then crash hard.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It doesn't scare me, I just don't want to be wired all day, or for four hours then crash hard.
The nootropics in Focus XT have a longer half-life than caffeine and pretty much offset any crash you may get. It's a nice, smooth decline from the caffeine, with no crash whatsoever, in my experiences.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Saw this thread and couldn't help but jump in, if your looking for a new focus supp and aren't sure which one just yet. Why don't you get a few samples first. There are plenty of companies here on the boards that would be more than happy to hook you up. I can send you a sample of StimX with 1-Metiq from AX and you can also participate to win a bottle of the new SlimFX coming out soon (you can read up on it here SlimFX) Research and decide for yourself if you'd like to try it :) nothing lost. We've been supplied with so many to give out, your chances are extremely good at getting this for free. PM if u want more info. ;)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw this thread and couldn't help but jump in, if your looking for a new focus supp and aren't sure which one just yet. Why don't you get a few samples first. There are plenty of companies here on the boards that would be more than happy to hook you up. I can send you a sample of StimX with 1-Metiq from AX and you can also participate to win a bottle of the new SlimFX coming out soon (you can read up on it here SlimFX) Research and decide for yourself if you'd like to try it :) nothing lost. We've been supplied with so many to give out, your chances are extremely good at getting this for free. PM if u want more info. ;)
Good opportunity here.

JerseyDrew77

JerseyDrew77

Awards
IDK, I tried Focus XT a couple of times and it didn't do much for me except give me green poop but that's from the coloring that they used for the black cherry flavor. My wife has ADD and she takes Vyvanse which is a lot smoother and cleaner than Adderall. Supposed to last all day and doesn't have that nasty crash like Adderall does so you might want to check that out.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Yeah I have an appointment with the doc on Tuesday. Gonna discuss my options, and bring up some of this. Thanks for all the help.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IDK, I tried Focus XT a couple of times and it didn't do much for me except give me green poop but that's from the coloring that they used for the black cherry flavor. My wife has ADD and she takes Vyvanse which is a lot smoother and cleaner than Adderall. Supposed to last all day and doesn't have that nasty crash like Adderall does so you might want to check that out.
I would much rather try over the counter stuff than a buncha pharmaceuticals but thats just me.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I'm with you. But insurance covers cost, and cost of other things adds up over a period of time.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Yeah I got vyvanse. I'm looking into ordering focus xt for pre workout also. Vyvanse still gives the suppressed appetite which isn't good.