Banaba Extract/Corosolic Acid help with dosage

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Hey guys,

I found a product with the following profile:
1cps:

Banaba Leaf Extract 12:1 (Lagerstroemia speciosa) (Equivalent to 3,000 mg whole leaf) - 250mg
Minimum 1% Corosolic acid (naturally occurring) - 2.5mg

what would it be a correct daily dosage for this?
I read something like 15/30mg a day? If so that'd be a jackload of pills.. 6 to 12 a day, would that be correct?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Lol 6 to 12 a day goodnight sweet blood glucose

Naw a more appropriate dosing would be 1-2, or you could just hop on SS :p

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

I found a product with the following profile:
1cps:

Banaba Leaf Extract 12:1 (Lagerstroemia speciosa) (Equivalent to 3,000 mg whole leaf) - 250mg
Minimum 1% Corosolic acid (naturally occurring) - 2.5mg

what would it be a correct daily dosage for this?
I read something like 15/30mg a day? If so that'd be a jackload of pills.. 6 to 12 a day, would that be correct?
depends on how much carbs you eat?

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Lol 6 to 12 a day goodnight sweet blood glucose

Naw a more appropriate dosing would be 1-2, or you could just hop on SS :p
That'd be much better :D
So for a total of 5mg? is that gon' be enough?

also considering (to reply to Max) that I eat 30gr max carbs on days on and 60/70gr on refeed

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Corosolic acid stimulates glucose uptake via enhancing insulin receptor phosphorylation signaling events without insulin. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299908000691

if you main reason is insulin to be quiet.

Vanadyl Sulfate true method of action for increasing Insulin Sensitivity mainly via reduction of gluconeogenesis (Hepatic Glucose output) among other positive contributing factors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC295932/pdf/jcinvest00027-0083.pdf

and if you wish add chromium polynicotinate

Back in time when Dan Duchaine's (R.I.P.) discussion of them in his old book Body Opus.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Corosolic acid stimulates glucose uptake via enhancing insulin receptor phosphorylation signaling events without insulin. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299908000691

if you main reason is insulin to be quiet.

Vanadyl Sulfate true method of action for increasing Insulin Sensitivity mainly via reduction of gluconeogenesis (Hepatic Glucose output) among other positive contributing factors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC295932/pdf/jcinvest00027-0083.pdf

and if you wish add chromium polynicotinate

Back in time when Dan Duchaine's (R.I.P.) discussion of them in his old book Body Opus.
Thank you a lot Max, this kind of reply is so very much something I was looking for
My diet and training habits, as well the way I run some sups is kinda odd, so I always try to figure out
what works best for me which is usually quite different from the vast majority of bb.
Much appreciated! rep'd

Can I take advantage and ask an ideal dosing protocol for them?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you a lot Max, this kind of reply is so very much something I was looking for
My diet and training habits, as well the way I run some sups is kinda odd, so I always try to figure out
what works best for me which is usually quite different from the vast majority of bb.
Much appreciated! rep'd

Can I take advantage and ask an ideal dosing protocol for them?
Glad i can help you :)

Chromium Estimated Safe and Adequate Daily Dietary Intake (ESADDI) is 50-200 mcg
Vanadyl Sulfate 10mg DAILY not more

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started to take 2 caps (120mg) of Banaba (2% corosolic acid) and about a gram of yellow gold (berberine).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good thread here. I love nutrient partitioners and this thread is opening my eyes up to other options!

Mike

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Good thread here. I love nutrient partitioners and this thread is opening my eyes up to other options!

Mike
Tell me about it :)

I might be completely wrong here, but I am convinced (until I prove myself wrong lol) that
in some ingredients used in GDAs/NPs lays a killer combo for a low carber, always dieting like me.
They are meant for people who eat carbs, which I don't and yet, a non conventional use of Glycobol
gave me already great results, I want to experiment and try to see if some other ingredients
- not random, like I said, among the ones contained in that or other NPs) can work even better..

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established

I might be completely wrong here, but I am convinced (until I prove myself wrong lol) that
in some ingredients used in GDAs/NPs lays a killer combo for a low carber, always dieting like me.
They are meant for people who eat carbs, which I don't and yet, a non conventional use of Glycobol
gave me already great results, I want to experiment and try to see if some other ingredients
- not random, like I said, among the ones contained in that or other NPs) can work even better..
I would take 60-100mg of corosolic acid per day.

no less then 10mg corosolic acid per 75g carbs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Def agree with you there bro.

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
I did a post on Corosolic Acid on the RayPeat forum, but no one has mentioned this impressive effect of Corosolic acid!

Cortisol Regulation
Corosolic acid is a potent and selective inhibitor of the enzyme (11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1) that converts inactive cortisone to active cortisol [18]. Therefore, corosolic acid may prevent excessive cortisol production.
Deanna J. Fall, BA and Sirid-Aimée Kellermann. “Addressing Adrenal Imbalance: The Future of Adrenal health.” NeuroScience, Inc.