HELP !!!!!

1. Registered User
    Answers

HELP !!!!!

I have been lifting and working my butt off in the shop for sometime now and i feel like I want something to help get a jump on my bulk and have my hard work pay off a little more I work harder rhen most my buddies who lift and diet more and train longer but I can't get where I want just wondering what route I should take should I use prohormones or what would do me good please help me finds what will put me over the edge!

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

you probably need to give a lot more details like height, weight, age, approx bodyfat, your workout routine you're following and what you've tried, what your diet is like and what your short and longer term goals are for anyone to give meaningful help
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Well I'm 20 years old 175 pounds I don't know my body fat percent my diet right now is just a high protien diet I really just what to gain more weight at a quicker rate I don't think I could ever compete in anything I'm five foot five though I would like to. I work out six nights a week two body parts a night with five sets on each exercise usually two hour work outs.
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

actually being shorter makes it easier in a lot of ways. competitions are based on weight classes, so you at that height and 175lbs is a lot bigger than someone 6' and 175.

Gaining mass is mostly about diet, and gaining more than 1-2lbs a month is likely to also add gaining fat, and likely be harder to maintain over time.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User
    Answers

So should I check on my diet and work on that and just keep lifting and what direction would I go If I wanted to compete In bodybuilding?
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamhawk View Post
    So should I check on my diet and work on that and just keep lifting and what direction would I go If I wanted to compete In bodybuilding?
    diet is (depending on who you ask) 75-90% of bodybuilding success. So learning dietary control, and how to deal with it is critical. Really for competing you just need to consistently work on making lean gains and dropping body fat over time. Not sure quite what you look like at 175, but if you manage to have top abs showing at 175 but that would be great. Eventtually you'll need to get some coaching and posing practice to compete.
    This space for rent

7. Registered User
    Answers

Ok I'll research and find a diet that works for me I have top abs just not as great as I'd like I will look into a trainer thanks for your help I really appreciate it
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

if you want some help here, try and lay out what you eat on a normal day and i'll make some suggestions
    This space for rent

9. Registered User
    Answers

Alright do you have mean suggestions
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

its always better to start with how you live now, and try to find changes that can fit in. no sense in trying to lay out something specific that may not fit into your schedule or current eating style. thats a huge aspect for success, take what you are doing and over time make changes to make it better. Trying to make a massive change all at once tends to lead to people giving up if it doesn't work as fast as they like or is too much a pain to deal with. You can make good gains anywhere from 2-8 meals a day, and how your macros are broken down are more a matter of preference than some precise target that works for everyone 100%
    This space for rent

11. Registered User
    Answers

Ok I'll start watching and making changes and track how it's effecting and what changes need to be made
  12. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Well I'm 20 years old 175 pounds I don't know my body fat percent my diet right now is just a high protien diet I really just what to gain more weight at a quicker rate I don't think I could ever compete in anything I'm five foot five though I would like to. I work out six nights a week two body parts a night with five sets on each exercise usually two hour work outs.
    Over training and not eating enough. If you're natty you need to train heavy. More squats, bench and dead lifts + bw exercise like dips and pull ups.

13. Registered User
    Answers

Would you say I am overtraining then?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Would you say I am overtraining then?
    Definately. You don't need to train for 2 hours. If you want mass then train about 45 minutes. Try not to go over that. And dont do cardio in the same work out as lifting. Do cardio 20-30 minutes max, on separate days from lifting. Cardio will keep you from gaining size if you do too much
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

good info on the cardio. Would doing cardio in the morning and working out in the evening be alright? or just keep it seperate all the way around?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead89 View Post
    good info on the cardio. Would doing cardio in the morning and working out in the evening be alright? or just keep it seperate all the way around?
    Ya i that'd be okay. Just dont go over 45 minutes for each workout, otherwise cortisol could start releasing, and thats no bueno.
  •