pre workouts waste of money? - AnabolicMinds.com

pre workouts waste of money?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member

pre workouts waste of money?

it feels like i get immune to the and am just wasteing my money. What do you guys think?

2. New Member

I just read about Super Size.. Sounds intriguing!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Whens the last time you took a break from stims?

•   

4. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Pre w/o help me a lot.

Although some coffee, ginseng, fruit &/or carbs is the natural way.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  274 lbs.

OK, this why we added NADH as our "stimulant" in our intra-workout supplement ERGO-BLITZ. You grow immune/ desensitized to the effects of stimulants over time. Now I do usually drink a cup of coffee before I train, but with the ERGO-BLITZ, no matter how much caffeine I have prior to training- I don't crash- and the amount of caffeine I need to get neurologically aroused is much less.

http://www.cabergolean.com/collectio...cts/ergo-blitz

How does NADH provide the brain with more energy you ask?

The energy within our bodies is produced when hydrogen and oxygen react to form water and energy. NADH is the biological form of hydrogen present in our cells and oxygen comes from the air we breathe. The energy produced from this reaction is stored as a chemical compound, ATP (adenosine triphosphate).

You would certainly agree that if you had a deficiency in oxygen that oxygen supplementation would be mission critical right!? Well NADH is the other side of that equation: No oxygen- no ATP. No hydrogen- no ATP. No ATP- no energy. Pretty simple right!

NADH also affects general cognitive function by stimulating the production of adrenaline and dopamine, both of which are essential for our cognitive performance and memory. NADH has been clinically proven to improve cognitive function in sleep deprived adults (Virre, 48th International Congress of Aviation and Space Medicine, 2000). And unlike waking up to a big cup of coffee and then feeling like Monday morning’s garbage before noon again- NADH carries out its effects on cognitive function in a much different capacity than caffeine or other stimulants do.

Caffeine and the other stimulants release adrenaline (also called epinephrine) from the nerve cells. This triggers a quick boost in adrenaline. You are less tired and more alert; however, only for a very short time. The next cup of coffee will not give you the same boost as the first one because your adrenaline pool in the nerve cells has been emptied. If the pool of adrenaline in your central nervous system is totally depleted, you can drink as much coffee as you want but you will not get any more boost.

NADH on the other hand stimulates the biosynthesis of adrenaline, and due to this, fills the pool of adrenaline in the central nervous system. This is the essential prerequisite for caffeine to become active.

In addition, NADH increases the real ATP energy in the cells. With more energy the nerve cells produce not only more adrenaline and dopamine but also serotonin and other components necessary for good performance. NADH is the only substance which has been shown to increase cellular energy. Coffee and “energy supplements” do not increase cellular energy, in fact they do nothing but release adrenaline from nerve cells and are therefore mere stimulants.
    BigGunn~"Just happy to be invited to the party!"
    Nutrigenomics Research Company [www.Cabergolean.com]
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  335 lbs.

I personally think they are

a caffeine pill and L-Tyrosine and some whey protein is all you really need.
  7. Ω Omega Sports Ω

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Preworkout products are actually one of my favorite type of product. I feel like I don't want to workout if I am not on one. haha.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat292 View Post
    it feels like i get immune to the and am just wasteing my money. What do you guys think?
    You haven't tried Fierce.
  9. Ω Omega Sports Ω

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    You haven't tried Fierce.
    I really need to. It looks interesting.
  10. Elite Member

Take some time off man.
  11. Elite Member

Preworkouts = more energy, pumps, better feeling overall = pushing yourself harder at the gym = better gains than normal

not even going into the 'science' of these products.
  12. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpm57 View Post
    I just read about Super Size.. Sounds intriguing!
    It sure is, with it's new novel ingredients It sure will not be anything you have experienced before.. .Wasting money ? Well we're just about to start a massive giveaway (giving away products for over 50,000$), so why not try your chances there and get one for free ?

New novel stimulants, free product = WIN WIN!! Just saying!
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    I really need to. It looks interesting.
    For you bro? Shoot me your addy. with 14gr of actives per scoop, nothing comes close.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

For you bro? Shoot me your addy. with 14gr of actives per scoop, nothing comes close.
    That's sharing the love!

15. Ω Omega Sports Ω

That is very awesome of you! I really appreciate it. Thanks.

PM Sent.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No, not at all when used correctly. You need to take time off of stimulants or you'll simply build a tolerance and not see much of an effect (like what's happening to you now). I typically use a pre workout for a month, then take 3-4 weeks off. Everyone is different and some will lose the tolerance faster than others. I had some of my best training while using SAN Fierce; the creatine nitrate + l-aspartic acid had me training like a mad man.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

dont over use stimes and you shoudl not have an issue.
    i rec ASGT and N2KTS
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    No, not at all when used correctly. You need to take time off of stimulants or you'll simply build a tolerance and not see much of an effect (like what's happening to you now). I typically use a pre workout for a month, then take 3-4 weeks off. Everyone is different and some will lose the tolerance faster than others. I had some of my best training while using SAN Fierce; the creatine nitrate + l-aspartic acid had me training like a mad man.
    yep so i alternate ASGT and N2KTS or another every couple weeks, and dont over use them.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  19. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't use them at all. I'd rather use an intra-workout product without stims when I have the money for it, but pre-workout products I never use. I don't need to take stimulants to work out, I enjoy working out. Taking all those stimulants before exercising never made any sense to me. More negatives to taking stimulants than positives.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Damn, must be good if you're sending him a trial. Is it better than Super Pump Max? That's the cleanest/strongest I've taken.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

OP. cycle off for 1.5 times the duration you have using preworkouts non-stop. I usually cut out caffiene completely during this time. It sucks...
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You are only wasting your money if they are not working for you.

On a side note, if you are getting use to them quick, it sounds as if your tolerance is built to the max. You may want to consider coming off of stimulants and switching to a non-stimulant based pre-workout. Something like hemavol can be of great use for you as it is non-stim and relies on other mechanisms to boost workouts. It has a very complete profile and tastes very good; always gets tons of great reviews. Def worth a look imo. You can also look into Revamp to help heal your tolerance to stimulants.

Mike
  23. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    You can also look into Revamp to help heal your tolerance to stimulants.
    ^^^What he said

OP, have they ever worked for you previously?
    LIKE Southland Performance Products on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on TWITTER
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't use them at all. I'd rather use an intra-workout product without stims when I have the money for it, but pre-workout products I never use. I don't need to take stimulants to work out, I enjoy working out. Taking all those stimulants before exercising never made any sense to me. More negatives to taking stimulants than positives.
    I agree... the only time I take stimulants is when Im cutting to boost lipolysis and curb appetite. I dont like even taking them preworkout as it usually makes me sick to my stomach, have to crap half way through my workout or kills my pumps and bloodflow seemingly OR all the above....

I really like preworkout drinks that DONT have stims that provide natural fuel and help speed intra set recovery and post workout nutrition uptake...
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

I'd die without mine! I take it only when I work out, so it takes a real long time to develop a tolerance for me. Sure, I don't get drugged-out tunnel vision anymore, but honestly that's probably for the best, and the stuff still works incredibly well at the gym.
  26. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I guess it really depends on the product. If its just loaded up with stimulants than I wouldn't care for it. Some stimulant type products work well for me but don't leave me feeling cracked out. Most I've tried do have me feeling like I'm on some kind of drug though. Then again I have not tried a lot. Maybe I'll try more in the future at half doses just to see if I'm really missing something. Hey even a 1/4 dose, at least it will last a long time that way.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I need to get myself some Revamp, stims don't do much for me anymore.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I guess it really depends on the product. If its just loaded up with stimulants than I wouldn't care for it. Some stimulant type products work well for me but don't leave me feeling cracked out. Most I've tried do have me feeling like I'm on some kind of drug though. Then again I have not tried a lot. Maybe I'll try more in the future at half doses just to see if I'm really missing something. Hey even a 1/4 dose, at least it will last a long time that way.
    You know I recently tried a sample of AI's maniac and it seemed to work very well and didn't have me stimmed at all, I had to look at the packet a second time when I got home just to double check there was anything even in there... Seemed to work great too, contemplating getting an entire tub.... Recover pro on the other hand isn't for me, I much prefer ams body mortar, flavoring is twice as good and it mixes better...
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Fierce, brother. try it.
  30. New Member

Op-
    You might want to look into taking a probiotic like Gut Health. it could help with being more sensitive to stims and not getting use to them as fast
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A good stim/stim combo helps me to have a better training session, better training session means accelerated progress. I also make sure I have BCAA's in mine as well for MPS and other benefits. Then there's things like the nootropics in Focus XT that help with focus and coordination which certainly has a benefit for me as well. Granted, a pre doesn't do the lifting for me but it does help a little and that's what I shoot for.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  32. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What about ultra reps and. Super size mix
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

My favorite preworkout is MusclePharm Assault. I liked jack3d before but got a terrible crash right after workouts and felt terrible the rest of the day. Assault is the way to go IMO
  34. GTB
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mblanch8970 View Post
    My favorite preworkout is MusclePharm Assault. I liked jack3d before but got a terrible crash right after workouts and felt terrible the rest of the day. Assault is the way to go IMO
    I like Assault, I am using Muscle Marinade right now (strong). Jack3d is overhyped imo. I'M going stim free going to try Hemavol.
  35. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GTB
    I like Assault, I am using Muscle Marinade right now (strong). Jack3d is overhyped imo. I'M going stim free going to try Hemavol.
    How the marinade?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  36. GTB
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

I like it alot. Read some post/loggers say how strong it was and I was like whatever. I bought the grape for 50%(taste like sh**), however if your were lacking motivation to get into the gym Marinade is the cure. It is definitely not your everyday pre w/o.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

How the marinade?
    I'm one week into the marinade, like it better than NOXPLOD and jack3d. I can feel more stim from it, but I absolutely never take it after 5p. Getting solid workouts from it. Plus I've been using it before my long runs on the weekend...training for a half, have no issues running 5 miles after a full serving.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    Preworkouts = more energy, pumps, better feeling overall = pushing yourself harder at the gym = better gains than normal

not even going into the 'science' of these products.
    This^^^^
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

I had mixed effects from most of the pre workouts I have tried in the past. I used to alternate between pre workouts that are heavy on stims and those that are light on stims. In most cases I don't care much about the stimulants as I am usually very motivated and committed to the gym and always get my mood on. That said, a cup of black coffee does the job for me.

I think the best benefit from these type of supps is the stamina, endurance, and recovery effect I get. It makes a lot of difference in my overall workout especially when I left very heavy (low reps, high sets). I am on Bulldozer XL5000 now, and love the results. I also like the extra pumps I get. The last two I tried Monster Pump and SuperPump didn't make much difference.
  40. GTB
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    I'm one week into the marinade, like it better than NOXPLOD and jack3d. I can feel more stim from it, but I absolutely never take it after 5p. Getting solid workouts from it. Plus I've been using it before my long runs on the weekend...training for a half, have no issues running 5 miles after a full serving.
    How is the Marinade working out for you? It took me a couple of trys to get the right dose. One scoop is my sweet spot, anything more than that and I don't play nice at the gym. The stuff makes me want to tear sh** up
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. OTC PCT is a waste of time and money.
    By timmmah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
  2. Creatine...waste of money?
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
  3. Are supplements a waste of money?
    By lozgod in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
  4. Waste of money?