pre workouts waste of money?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%

bro i'd also recommend CRAZE. I felt the same way you do until i tried this and it COMPLETELY changed my mind

2. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Masciaman View Post
    bro i'd also recommend CRAZE. I felt the same way you do until i tried this and it COMPLETELY changed my mind
    Crazed has been getting some confounding feedback as of late. Some say it's great, others say it's weird, while others say its more of a cognition enhancer then energy enhancer.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Crazed has been getting some confounding feedback as of late. Some say it's great, others say it's weird, while others say its more of a cognition enhancer then energy enhancer.
    best pre workout for me is 3-4 cups of strong coffee, a can of tuna and a large glass of milk...........

I find these pre workouts are just overhyped and give people an amphetamine high rather than working out naturally and training your brain and body to work hard on its own.........

there isnt any supplement that replaces hard work........
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.98%

Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    How is the Marinade working out for you? It took me a couple of trys to get the right dose. One scoop is my sweet spot, anything more than that and I don't play nice at the gym. The stuff makes me want to tear sh** up
    It's actually working great for me...my body takes stimulants fairly well (I typically don't get jittery from them), I have however cut back the amount of coffee I drink during the day... used to drink two cups in the morning and one cup at 2p...now I just have one cup in the morning and the marinade at 3:30, then hit the gym at 4:15.

I use just a wee bit under a full scoop, which seems to be just right. Outside of my core and abs warmup, I find myself consistently lifting for an hour and a half straight and feel strong throughout. The key for me is to limit my daily caffeine, the first serving I took was on a day when I drank coffee throught the day...I still didn't get jittery with the marinade, but dam, couldn't go to sleep until 1am...when I usually hit it at 9p.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    It's actually working great for me...my body takes stimulants fairly well (I typically don't get jittery from them), I have however cut back the amount of coffee I drink during the day... used to drink two cups in the morning and one cup at 2p...now I just have one cup in the morning and the marinade at 3:30, then hit the gym at 4:15.

I use just a wee bit under a full scoop, which seems to be just right. Outside of my core and abs warmup, I find myself consistently lifting for an hour and a half straight and feel strong throughout. The key for me is to limit my daily caffeine, the first serving I took was on a day when I drank coffee throught the day...I still didn't get jittery with the marinade, but dam, couldn't go to sleep until 1am...when I usually hit it at 9p.
    That's good stuff! What flavor do you have? I got grape, and I am hoping the other flavors are better.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.98%

Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    That's good stuff! What flavor do you have? I got grape, and I am hoping the other flavors are better.
    I have the Purus Punch, which I'd say has an interesting flavor to it, but I like it. I usually went with Noxplode grape which I thought was tasty, but for a supp, I feel the punch is just as "okay" tasting as anything else lol.

One thing I really do like, is it doesn't have that "carbonated" taste to it...when I run, I'd take noxplode, and usually start burping it up around mile 2....really awesome...I don't have this problem with the marinade.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.5%

Quote Originally Posted by PVL View Post
    best pre workout for me is 3-4 cups of strong coffee, a can of tuna and a large glass of milk...........

I find these pre workouts are just overhyped and give people an amphetamine high rather than working out naturally and training your brain and body to work hard on its own.........

There is some truth to that, some people just like the buzz, or in the case of Beta Alanine(the tingles). I got some Hemavol(stim free) enjoying the pumps.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Strength went up instantly first two weeks of Craze then went back to normal. I really like Craze though, so far my preferred pre workout. I have a sample of white flood that I will try next week.

But tonight, I'm going to try Smelling Salt. Some powerlifters use it for extra kick in the gym. I will try it tonight to see the impact it makes if any.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The original assault made me sick to my stomach. Haven't tried the new assault yet.
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I've changed my mind on this. Been try a few different sample packs of pre-workouts. So far I haven't found one that I think is worth purchasing a whole bottle. Launch 4350 is close though, if it didn't have nitrates I would be purchasing it. Drive made me feel like I was on drugs. Supersize makes me sleepy. Fierce makes me sleepy. Anything with nitrates makes me want to sleep. Cryoshock is pretty good but didn't last for more than 20 minutes and isn't carb free.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.19%

Quote Originally Posted by PVL View Post

agree 100%
    one caff tab and im g2g
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
    PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME FREE STUFF
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by sking6464 View Post
    agree 100%
    one caff tab and im g2g
    yup, plain old coffee for me man.......4-5 cusp during the day and im alright, can usually get in 2 sessions
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PVL

yup, plain old coffee for me man.......4-5 cusp during the day and im alright, can usually get in 2 sessions
    Lot of coffee but heys it's all natural.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Lot of coffee but heys it's all natural.
    not gunna lie, i consume alot of caffeine during the day, but i come down right about 9pm which is decent for me.........when i took pre workouts I wouldnt get to sleep until 1am if that........you dont know whats in it ya kno?
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

not gunna lie, i consume alot of caffeine during the day, but i come down right about 9pm which is decent for me.........when i took pre workouts I wouldnt get to sleep until 1am if that........you dont know whats in it ya kno?
    True same thing happens to me.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

True same thing happens to me.
    ive learned to keep things simple. all this bologna about eating this at that time and eating this at that time, and taking this to counter act that............

if you keep things basic, workout with free weights, do your cardio on the ground and not in the gym.........you are gunna see results.

too many people want the easy way out for results, when deep down they know they are fooling themselves.

my preworkout in the morning no joke, and shouldnt say this................3 cups strong coffee, 3 tangerines, big ass glass of milk and a cigarette..........yes im country, lol
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

I still think everybody should give Nitro NCG a try. Super powerful stuff
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%

I've been a jack3d guy but I'm gettin tired of crashing after the gym and being worthless the rest of the day. With so many pwo out there it's been difficult to find a new staple
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

ive learned to keep things simple. all this bologna about eating this at that time and eating this at that time, and taking this to counter act that............

if you keep things basic, workout with free weights, do your cardio on the ground and not in the gym.........you are gunna see results.

too many people want the easy way out for results, when deep down they know they are fooling themselves.

my preworkout in the morning no joke, and shouldnt say this................3 cups strong coffee, 3 tangerines, big ass glass of milk and a cigarette..........yes im country, lol
    lmao
    But why a cigarette that's not healthy.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  20. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

lmao
    But why a cigarette that's not healthy.
    The fun way to get your nicotine
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns

U always crack me up...
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    basically.....lol..........tha t and it keeps me level headed........i tried nicorette gum and that is a waste of time, taste like ****

if dip didnt **** up my smile, i would do that.......used to pack a dip at work almost every night so i didnt kill anyone, lol!

also something people dont know about nicotine.........its a natural anti estrogen and diuretic.......helps keep the bloat off and keeps u lookin tight all day.
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

basically.....lol..........tha t and it keeps me level headed........i tried nicorette gum and that is a waste of time, taste like ****

if dip didnt **** up my smile, i would do that.......used to pack a dip at work almost every night so i didnt kill anyone, lol!

also something people dont know about nicotine.........its a natural anti estrogen and diuretic.......helps keep the bloat off and keeps u lookin tight all day.
    While u pay some company to black out your lungs and paying them to slowly kill u.... Ur a suicide machine
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  24. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

While u pay some company to black out your lungs and paying them to slowly kill u.... Ur a suicide machine
    calm down liberal............its gunna be ok.........now go back to your crack pipe..............
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

It's all up to you man because everybody responds differently to different pre-workouts. I've had hits and misses with different stuff, If you are feeling your building up a huge tolerance i'd just back off of anything caffeine related for a month or 2. Pre workouts are more like intensity "intensifiers" so if you can still keep the intensity up without them i'd definitely do that BUT if you want to keep trying them just don't stick with 1 brand. Experiment a little to find out what works for you, maybe you need more 1,3 dimethyl, maybe not. Some people are caffeine intolerant and need stronger stimulants but like i said it's up to you. As a supplement store/gym employee i notice lots of guys have huge tolerances to caffeine but once i throw them a pre-workout with 1,3 in it they get huge rushes of energy. It's all subjective!

What pre-workouts have you tried so far?
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.5%

Quote Originally Posted by shanetard View Post
    I still think everybody should give Nitro NCG a try. Super powerful stuff
    Never heard of it. I googled it but couldn't find any reviews. Ingredients are pretty standard, except the N-Carbamylglutamate (NCG
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

They sell it at the golds gym we have down here. I felt like I was on crack. Maybe too much of a boost =\
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Quote Originally Posted by shanetard View Post
    They sell it at the golds gym we have down here. I felt like I was on crack. Maybe too much of a boost =\
    anytime a stim prevents you from relaxing at night or prevents you from eating enough.........it aint worth it. i just need a lil metabolism boost during the day...........the reason for the coffee sipping.

if i were you, stick with one chemical and see how you respond, because you really dont know which one is doing what when u take pre workouts, there is too much in it to be sure.......and whats not on the label.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.44%

Your right man. Got something the other day made by Isatori, it's called morph mega drive. Doesn't give you a weird feeling but man will it give you good pumps. It's feels similar to assault
  30. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Quote Originally Posted by shanetard
    Your right man. Got something the other day made by Isatori, it's called morph mega drive. Doesn't give you a weird feeling but man will it give you good pumps. It's feels similar to assault
    I tried that wasn't impressed
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  31. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

I tried that wasn't impressed
    try DIM and t2...........
  32. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

try DIM and t2...........
    I'm actually cutting back on PWO.
    Man I was popping caffeine pills, a fat burner r 2, 2 scoops of a pre w/o then I stopped for like 2 weeks stone cold. They kinda crack me out a bit. Now if I use one, I'm trying non stims & half doses of the stim ones
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  33. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

Man I was popping caffeine pills, a fat burner r 2, 2 scoops of a pre w/o then I stopped for like 2 weeks stone cold. They kinda crack me out a bit. Now if I use one, I'm trying non stims & half doses of the stim ones
    you gotta be careful man...........some of that stuff is toxic to you liver and kidneys
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

you gotta be careful man...........some of that stuff is toxic to you liver and kidneys
    I don't use much now
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  35. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.41%

I don't use much now
    just stop 4 a few weeks, drink some coffee and get lots of rest............i promise it will help man.

by the end of those 2 weeks, you will feel 100% better, and you can rethink your ideas of pre workout............

do you really need pre workout to workout? you need to have self motivation bro
  36. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

just stop 4 a few weeks, drink some coffee and get lots of rest............i promise it will help man.

by the end of those 2 weeks, you will feel 100% better, and you can rethink your ideas of pre workout............

do you really need pre workout to workout? you need to have self motivation bro
    Right I've been stop. I said I use to lol.
    Now I said I use maybe half a scoop
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.19%

Quote Originally Posted by fadi
    Strength went up instantly first two weeks of Craze then went back to normal. I really like Craze though, so far my preferred pre workout. I have a sample of white flood that I will try next week.

But tonight, I'm going to try Smelling Salt. Some powerlifters use it for extra kick in the gym. I will try it tonight to see the impact it makes if any.
    Did the salt work?
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.96%

ASGT, N2AMP, igf des(or lr3), lit up, and....

I love pre-workouts and they do truly help out A LOT!
  39. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Personally, I stopped using pre-workouts on a regular basis about a year ago. Once every blue moon I give it a try again only to be disappointed with the result. The best things for me pre-workout is a good, large meal 1 hour before training and IGF & GHRP's of the sort. Good pumps. Sustained energy from the food. Added strength, stamina, yada yada. It works better and no crash. Plus every time I come off IGF-LR3 I put on 5-10lbs that next week. Always a coolness factor to me.

Stimulants other than caffeine = boo. I don't like em and they make me feel like doo doo half the time.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.5%

I am going the same route, I want to goa month w/o stims to clean things up. My tolerance is way to high, pre w/o has become way to expensive.

Similar Forum Threads

1. OTC PCT is a waste of time and money.
    By timmmah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
  2. Creatine...waste of money?
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 11:21 PM
  3. Are supplements a waste of money?
    By lozgod in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
  4. Waste of money?