pre workouts waste of money?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. A good stim/stim combo helps me to have a better training session, better training session means accelerated progress. I also make sure I have BCAA's in mine as well for MPS and other benefits. Then there's things like the nootropics in Focus XT that help with focus and coordination which certainly has a benefit for me as well. Granted, a pre doesn't do the lifting for me but it does help a little and that's what I shoot for.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. What about ultra reps and. Super size mix
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    •   

3. My favorite preworkout is MusclePharm Assault. I liked jack3d before but got a terrible crash right after workouts and felt terrible the rest of the day. Assault is the way to go IMO

4. Quote Originally Posted by mblanch8970 View Post
    My favorite preworkout is MusclePharm Assault. I liked jack3d before but got a terrible crash right after workouts and felt terrible the rest of the day. Assault is the way to go IMO
    I like Assault, I am using Muscle Marinade right now (strong). Jack3d is overhyped imo. I'M going stim free going to try Hemavol.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GTB
    I like Assault, I am using Muscle Marinade right now (strong). Jack3d is overhyped imo. I'M going stim free going to try Hemavol.
    How the marinade?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    •   

6. I like it alot. Read some post/loggers say how strong it was and I was like whatever. I bought the grape for 50%(taste like sh**), however if your were lacking motivation to get into the gym Marinade is the cure. It is definitely not your everyday pre w/o.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

How the marinade?
    I'm one week into the marinade, like it better than NOXPLOD and jack3d. I can feel more stim from it, but I absolutely never take it after 5p. Getting solid workouts from it. Plus I've been using it before my long runs on the weekend...training for a half, have no issues running 5 miles after a full serving.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    Preworkouts = more energy, pumps, better feeling overall = pushing yourself harder at the gym = better gains than normal

not even going into the 'science' of these products.
    This^^^^

9. I had mixed effects from most of the pre workouts I have tried in the past. I used to alternate between pre workouts that are heavy on stims and those that are light on stims. In most cases I don't care much about the stimulants as I am usually very motivated and committed to the gym and always get my mood on. That said, a cup of black coffee does the job for me.

I think the best benefit from these type of supps is the stamina, endurance, and recovery effect I get. It makes a lot of difference in my overall workout especially when I left very heavy (low reps, high sets). I am on Bulldozer XL5000 now, and love the results. I also like the extra pumps I get. The last two I tried Monster Pump and SuperPump didn't make much difference.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    I'm one week into the marinade, like it better than NOXPLOD and jack3d. I can feel more stim from it, but I absolutely never take it after 5p. Getting solid workouts from it. Plus I've been using it before my long runs on the weekend...training for a half, have no issues running 5 miles after a full serving.
    How is the Marinade working out for you? It took me a couple of trys to get the right dose. One scoop is my sweet spot, anything more than that and I don't play nice at the gym. The stuff makes me want to tear sh** up

11. bro i'd also recommend CRAZE. I felt the same way you do until i tried this and it COMPLETELY changed my mind

12. Quote Originally Posted by Masciaman View Post
    bro i'd also recommend CRAZE. I felt the same way you do until i tried this and it COMPLETELY changed my mind
    Crazed has been getting some confounding feedback as of late. Some say it's great, others say it's weird, while others say its more of a cognition enhancer then energy enhancer.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Crazed has been getting some confounding feedback as of late. Some say it's great, others say it's weird, while others say its more of a cognition enhancer then energy enhancer.
    best pre workout for me is 3-4 cups of strong coffee, a can of tuna and a large glass of milk...........

I find these pre workouts are just overhyped and give people an amphetamine high rather than working out naturally and training your brain and body to work hard on its own.........

there isnt any supplement that replaces hard work........

14. Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    How is the Marinade working out for you? It took me a couple of trys to get the right dose. One scoop is my sweet spot, anything more than that and I don't play nice at the gym. The stuff makes me want to tear sh** up
    It's actually working great for me...my body takes stimulants fairly well (I typically don't get jittery from them), I have however cut back the amount of coffee I drink during the day... used to drink two cups in the morning and one cup at 2p...now I just have one cup in the morning and the marinade at 3:30, then hit the gym at 4:15.

I use just a wee bit under a full scoop, which seems to be just right. Outside of my core and abs warmup, I find myself consistently lifting for an hour and a half straight and feel strong throughout. The key for me is to limit my daily caffeine, the first serving I took was on a day when I drank coffee throught the day...I still didn't get jittery with the marinade, but dam, couldn't go to sleep until 1am...when I usually hit it at 9p.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    It's actually working great for me...my body takes stimulants fairly well (I typically don't get jittery from them), I have however cut back the amount of coffee I drink during the day... used to drink two cups in the morning and one cup at 2p...now I just have one cup in the morning and the marinade at 3:30, then hit the gym at 4:15.

I use just a wee bit under a full scoop, which seems to be just right. Outside of my core and abs warmup, I find myself consistently lifting for an hour and a half straight and feel strong throughout. The key for me is to limit my daily caffeine, the first serving I took was on a day when I drank coffee throught the day...I still didn't get jittery with the marinade, but dam, couldn't go to sleep until 1am...when I usually hit it at 9p.
    That's good stuff! What flavor do you have? I got grape, and I am hoping the other flavors are better.

16. Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    That's good stuff! What flavor do you have? I got grape, and I am hoping the other flavors are better.
    I have the Purus Punch, which I'd say has an interesting flavor to it, but I like it. I usually went with Noxplode grape which I thought was tasty, but for a supp, I feel the punch is just as "okay" tasting as anything else lol.

One thing I really do like, is it doesn't have that "carbonated" taste to it...when I run, I'd take noxplode, and usually start burping it up around mile 2....really awesome...I don't have this problem with the marinade.

17. Quote Originally Posted by PVL View Post
    best pre workout for me is 3-4 cups of strong coffee, a can of tuna and a large glass of milk...........

I find these pre workouts are just overhyped and give people an amphetamine high rather than working out naturally and training your brain and body to work hard on its own.........

There is some truth to that, some people just like the buzz, or in the case of Beta Alanine(the tingles). I got some Hemavol(stim free) enjoying the pumps.

18. Strength went up instantly first two weeks of Craze then went back to normal. I really like Craze though, so far my preferred pre workout. I have a sample of white flood that I will try next week.

But tonight, I'm going to try Smelling Salt. Some powerlifters use it for extra kick in the gym. I will try it tonight to see the impact it makes if any.

19. The original assault made me sick to my stomach. Haven't tried the new assault yet.

20. I've changed my mind on this. Been try a few different sample packs of pre-workouts. So far I haven't found one that I think is worth purchasing a whole bottle. Launch 4350 is close though, if it didn't have nitrates I would be purchasing it. Drive made me feel like I was on drugs. Supersize makes me sleepy. Fierce makes me sleepy. Anything with nitrates makes me want to sleep. Cryoshock is pretty good but didn't last for more than 20 minutes and isn't carb free.

21. Quote Originally Posted by PVL View Post

agree 100%
    one caff tab and im g2g
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
    PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME FREE STUFF

22. Quote Originally Posted by sking6464 View Post
    agree 100%
    one caff tab and im g2g
    yup, plain old coffee for me man.......4-5 cusp during the day and im alright, can usually get in 2 sessions

23. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

yup, plain old coffee for me man.......4-5 cusp during the day and im alright, can usually get in 2 sessions
    Lot of coffee but heys it's all natural.

24. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Lot of coffee but heys it's all natural.
    not gunna lie, i consume alot of caffeine during the day, but i come down right about 9pm which is decent for me.........when i took pre workouts I wouldnt get to sleep until 1am if that........you dont know whats in it ya kno?

25. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

not gunna lie, i consume alot of caffeine during the day, but i come down right about 9pm which is decent for me.........when i took pre workouts I wouldnt get to sleep until 1am if that........you dont know whats in it ya kno?
    True same thing happens to me.

26. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    True same thing happens to me.
    ive learned to keep things simple. all this bologna about eating this at that time and eating this at that time, and taking this to counter act that............

if you keep things basic, workout with free weights, do your cardio on the ground and not in the gym.........you are gunna see results.

too many people want the easy way out for results, when deep down they know they are fooling themselves.

my preworkout in the morning no joke, and shouldnt say this................3 cups strong coffee, 3 tangerines, big ass glass of milk and a cigarette..........yes im country, lol

27. I still think everybody should give Nitro NCG a try. Super powerful stuff

28. I've been a jack3d guy but I'm gettin tired of crashing after the gym and being worthless the rest of the day. With so many pwo out there it's been difficult to find a new staple

29. Quote Originally Posted by PVL

ive learned to keep things simple. all this bologna about eating this at that time and eating this at that time, and taking this to counter act that............

if you keep things basic, workout with free weights, do your cardio on the ground and not in the gym.........you are gunna see results.

too many people want the easy way out for results, when deep down they know they are fooling themselves.

my preworkout in the morning no joke, and shouldnt say this................3 cups strong coffee, 3 tangerines, big ass glass of milk and a cigarette..........yes im country, lol
    lmao
    But why a cigarette that's not healthy.

30. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    lmao
    But why a cigarette that's not healthy.
    The fun way to get your nicotine
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. OTC PCT is a waste of time and money.
    By timmmah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM
  2. Creatine...waste of money?
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 10:21 PM
  3. Are supplements a waste of money?
    By lozgod in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 03:23 PM
  4. Waste of money?