BCAA's

randysavage

randysavage

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to run out of my Optimum Nutrition BCAA caps, and was wondering what would be the best product to replace them with? I'm kinda leaning towards some bcaa powder I could mix in my pre/post. What does everyone use? I like buying in bulk and cheap. And would this powder approach be better than the caps I was taking?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
shouldnt notice a difference from powder/caps.....

xtend/AI RecoverPRO/CL purple wraath would all be solid options to check out

randysavage

randysavage

Awards
  • Established
caps are only 1 gram per 2 pills, kinda sucks taking a ton of pills. I'm thinking about this bodybuilding.com/store/now/branch.html 5 grams per serving is gonna boost up my daily intake.

lionology

lionology

Awards
I'm about to run out of my Optimum Nutrition BCAA caps, and was wondering what would be the best product to replace them with? I'm kinda leaning towards some bcaa powder I could mix in my pre/post. What does everyone use? I like buying in bulk and cheap. And would this powder approach be better than the caps I was taking?
I was on Purple PsyKO...good stuff.

Mmm...I'd suggest Xtend or AllMax BCAAs (allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/bcaa-2-1-1/)

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
All good options mentioned thus far...in terms of taste, nothing comes close to Core ABC. Non-prop blend and the flavors are incredible, and mix perfectly clear. Great product from a great company.

lionology

lionology

Awards
All good options mentioned thus far...in terms of taste, nothing comes close to Core ABC. Non-prop blend and the flavors are incredible, and mix perfectly clear. Great product from a great company.
I haven't tried this product but it's on my wish list.

randysavage

randysavage

Awards
  • Established
this looks awesome, i wish i found this months ago

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
recoverPro is a good basic BCAA product that tastes good and is cheap.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would have to go with powder, you can take alot more aminos in through a drink than pills, and it's easier. in my experience, at least.

everyone here had great suggestions

purple wraath / PsyKO
xtend
core abc

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Core is a great choice for sure, but RecoverPro, Purple Wraath, and Purple PsyKo are all other favorites of mine.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't really get any better than scivation xtend imo.

Mike

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recoverpro, for the price and the ratio it's unbeatable, then you get good flavoring and it's a win win

John33

Awards
I am currently using BCAA 6000 (4:1:1) by Gaspari. I want to try BCAA 3300 by MHP, but they are on a backorder on BB.com.

Does Xtend taste good?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For BCAA products I like Xtend(2:1:1) pre-workout, Formula-X(8:1:1) Intra and Xtend post-workout. I take Xtend through the day as well, I would much rather go with a powder then pills, you would have to take a ton of pills for a good amount of BCAA's.

Anabolic Competition does look really good, but it's damn expensive for 22 servings, not that I'm surprised because the ingredient profile is nice and dosed high.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Like often mentioned, you want to spike mTor levels, not stroke them. If your looking for a more complete (and often, more expensive) "intra-workout" product, than Purple Wraath/PsyKO, IntraBolic, powershock, are all great choices. If you just want to spike levels, Xtend, RecoverPro, Core ABC, or anything with at least 2:1:1 will have you set. When you go about 8:1:1 you are pretty much getting just leucine. My workouts are typically about 2 hours after my last meal, so I use either and enjoy em!

randysavage

randysavage

Awards
  • Established
Yea i hear ya, i eat then like 1.5 hours later, workout for like 1.5 hours. So when im done im starving.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Like often mentioned, you want to spike mTor levels, not stroke them. If your looking for a more complete (and often, more expensive) "intra-workout" product, than Purple Wraath/PsyKO, IntraBolic, powershock, are all great choices. If you just want to spike levels, Xtend, RecoverPro, Core ABC, or anything with at least 2:1:1 will have you set.
Hit the nail on the head. Some people say Amino products are all the same (Xtend or Purple wraath?) This couldn't be further from the truth. I always go for EAA products anyway.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit the nail on the head. Some people say Amino products are all the same (Xtend or Purple wraath?) This couldn't be further from the truth. I always go for EAA products anyway.
I might have to order some purple wrath or psyko.... my goodness... haha.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I might have to order some purple wrath or psyko.... my goodness... haha.
LOL. I've been using EAA products for years before I worked for CL. They're just more complete in my opinion.

Go with the Purple WRAATH if you do, b/c the PsyKO is more a Leucine based intra-workout, not EAA

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I've been using EAA products for years before I worked for CL. They're just more complete in my opinion.

Go with the Purple WRAATH if you do, b/c the PsyKO is more a Leucine based intra-workout, not EAA
Yea Ill give it a try when I get the funds to order again next month ;)

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I love Amino Phase by Isatori. Its is a 12 hour release of amino's. I take if every night before I go to bed.
Are you THAT fasted before sleep that you think you need aminos to prevent catabolism?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Is one serving of new dosed xtend enough to prevent your body from being catabolic?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is one serving of new dosed xtend enough to prevent your body from being catabolic?
Uh... wat?

You have to factor daily nutrition and type of training to be able to answer that question.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah do you want to fallow me for a day???

Tell Randy Jeff said hey.
So why would you ingest BCAAs (to prevent catabolism, lol) when you eat a meal post workout?

It's not me following you, it's you posting terrible information in every thread and shilling your laughable product at every opportunity. Stop posting and you won't be followed. Simple.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Uh... wat?

You have to factor daily nutrition and type of training to be able to answer that question.
Maybe i dont quite understand but sometimes i will go 4-5 hrs without eating (later in the day)on a training day but i will have a serving of xtend post workout. Is this enough to prevent my body from being catabiloc?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe i dont quite understand but sometimes i will go 4-5 hrs without eating (later in the day)on a training day but i will have a serving of xtend post workout. Is this enough to prevent my body from being catabiloc?
If you go 4-5 hours without eating you still won't go catabolic. When you sleep you won't be going catabolic over night. It takes much much much longer than people think. Unless you are hypocaloric and are endurance training lol, your average bodybuilder does not ever have to worry about catabolism.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
If you go 4-5 hours without eating you still won't go catabolic. When you sleep you won't be going catabolic over night. It takes much much much longer than people think. Unless you are hypocaloric and are endurance training lol, your average bodybuilder does not ever have to worry about catabolism.
Thanks for reply much appreciated

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for reply much appreciated
NP. There's nothing wrong with playing around with BCAAs. I don't ingest a ton of protein, so BCAAs help my recovery and training. Protein before bed won't help you preserve muscle, but some guys swear by it and feel it helps their body composition. At the end of the day you should find out what works best for you, and go with that. Although if money is tight, you gotta cut the stuff that gives the least benefit.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am currently using BCAA 6000 (4:1:1) by Gaspari. I want to try BCAA 3300 by MHP, but they are on a backorder on BB.com.

Does Xtend taste good?
The older version tastes better, but the newer version isn't bad imo.

Mike