Bad batch of protein?

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Hey guys,

just wondering, what are the chances of getting a bad batch of protein?
Did that ever happen to you?

I'm asking because it's been some days now that I fee like total cr*p after a meal.

Now, I eat 4 things every day which is chicken, fat free yogurt, fat free cottage cheese and egg whites (always cooked).
That's it.

And protein powder.

First thing I cut was egg whites. I thought they might be bad so that's the first thing I stopped eating.
No change, stomach cramps, bloating, I could barely stand the pain..

Then i cut the cottage cheese and the chicken. Still the same.

That leaves me with the fat free yogurt and the protein. Today I will find out one way or the other,
but if it's the protein, I have 15lbs of the same batch goddammit..

Yesterday I took a bite of a protein bar which was expired (by 2 days), but it was a bite, and that's when
I went and checked expiration date on every single thing I have and they were all fine.
So I can say most likely that wasn't the problem, and it was seriously just a bite,
and it was only yesterday while I've been feeling bad for almost a week now

Is it possible that the protein are bad even if not expired?
They taste and look fine tho', maybe they look a lil more "powdery" and they don't seem
to mix as well as usual, but maybe I'm just paranoid.. Is not that they float around or something.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What brand is it? Do you eat any vegetables? (Nothing to do with stomach problems just curious)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
It's the Dymatize whey Elite, I've been using them forever
and never had any problems so far :/

Nope, no veggies, I just can't stand them

But just to update: I've been in a fasted state from last night 10pm up to today
pwo (3pm) when I drank a protein shaker, powder was taken from a second tub
which was sealed, same batch and nothing happened, I'm fine (now is 6.20pm)
so, I know at least the second tub is fine, maybe the third one too (have three of the same batch)
I compared the powders between the two tubs and they look, taste and smell the same..
I just couldn't dare to take the opened one out of fear of experiencing what happened last days,
the pain was brutal..

Now I had a chicken sandwich with well, chicken, fat free cottage cheese and a slice of low fat cheese.
I've been living of this so it's pretty safe to say that's not gonna make me sick.
This leaves me with A) the yogurt; B) that opened tub of protein

Ima wait another coupla hours and then I'll try the yogurt (if the sandwich doesn't kill me),
if even that's gon' be ok, well it's the opened protein tub.

I'm sh*ttin' my pants for real tho', throwing up protein powder is *bad*

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
dude thats a very acidic diet, where are you getting your alkalinity from? Ive never had problems with that protein either... perhaps contact Dymatize see if they can send you a replacement.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I supplement on everything I miss from food,
I'm very careful with the basics, vits, minerals etc..
I do try to force myself to eat as much "real' food as possible,
but I just don't really like food :/

No Dyma never gave me any problems either and actually the reseller already
told me if I want I can return all the tubs no problem, it's just that it seems
odd to me, i preserve my sups very well, and I've never with any product experienced
a bad batch, so I was just curious about how frequent that might be and/or if someone
ever got a bad batch of whey and if the effects were comparable to mine

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Case closed, it wasn't the protein, is the freaking F A G E yogurt..

Now that's absolutely weird. I've been eating it for two years without any problems
I don't understand why now is making me so sick, i mean really sick, cold sweat after 3 minutes
i ingest it, nausea, bloating, stomach cramps etc.. goddammit :/

I did a quick research and found out a lot of people seem to have the same problem with it,
but they experienced it at the first time they tried it, while it seem I developed an intolerance?
Is it possible?

great.. go back to puke my guts out now

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Case closed, it wasn't the protein, is the freaking F A G E yogurt..

Now that's absolutely weird. I've been eating it for two years without any problems
I don't understand why now is making me so sick, i mean really sick, cold sweat after 3 minutes
i ingest it, nausea, bloating, stomach cramps etc.. goddammit :/

I did a quick research and found out a lot of people seem to have the same problem with it,
but they experienced it at the first time they tried it, while it seem I developed an intolerance?
Is it possible?

great.. go back to puke my guts out now
maybe a bad batch?

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
For the last 5 days or so that I've been feeling bad I had the same yogurt bought in different places at different times,
so I'd say no.

But I found out one thing and this is getting interesting: it appears - given the fact that I've been fine with it the last 2 years -
that I developed what is called a temporary intolerance to the probiotic in it, meaning the "good" bacteria proliferate too much
and make me sick.

This can be cause by several circumstances, including people with a damaged immune system, and, among other things,
check this out: when using cortisol control!! WTF?!?!!?

Now that's new to me. I'm gonna check this with my doctor (assuming she'll know anything about this..)
meantime if there's anyone that knows something about this that'd be nice.

I *just* finished a bottle of cortisol control product, of course, if that's the case, is definitely ON TOP of me
constantly dieting, that's for sure.