boosting energy levels etc

stevench

Awards
Hi,

I guess this is a open question to some, however I been looking around for pills etc to boost energy levels. The 'all natural' stuff you buy at the shops don't do anything, I guess I'm after something stronger. I basically want pills that once taken, i can actually feel a boost in energy and can use that energy to be healthier in life, start working out etc. I have been eating healthy for the past couple of years, I don't eat junk food. I even make my own fruit smoothies etc every day to keep healthy. I can't find the energy to go to the gym though, and it's dragging me down. Have tried all the natural things like jogging, group sport like tennis etc.

There are so many different products out there, however I want something that actually works, none of those normal health pills really do anything. I don't want to be bouncing off the walls after a pill etc (although I'm sure nothing legal does this lol) but I do want to feel the energy, and once I have more energy I can do more with my life, i.e. run more, more inclined to go gym etc.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
So you don't even have the energy to work out? I'd say you need to forget about the pills and get to the bottom of why your butt is dragging in the first place man. Any pill you take is just going to be a temporary band aid for why you feel this way in the first place.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you don't even have the energy to work out? I'd say you need to forget about the pills and get to the bottom of why your butt is dragging in the first place man. Any pill you take is just going to be a temporary band aid for why you feel this way in the first place.
I would agree with this^^^

You should take a good look at things like your diet and sleep before jumping on an energy booster.

stevench

Awards
Well I sleep my full 8 hours per day, if I didn't set my alarm, i be sleeping 10-12 hours lol but I know it's bad :). I eat right, i.e. meat, loads of vegies, fruit etc. I'm unsure why, but I just can't seem to get very motivated to work out etc. I do try running from the train station to home each night, not much but it's a start. Anything more than that.... I'm not obese or anything, but would be nice losing some kilos, atm I weigh about 86 kilos, been the same for a while now, and my height is approx 5 foot 8. People say it's all in your head but I just can't seem to do it. I joined a gym once but couldn't seem to get into it either. I took a few different vitamins that claim to give u energy, didn't make any difference. I'm not after an easy fix, I know I need to work out etc, but I really do need that big kick boost so to speak. If I had a good boost of energy, even if it's temporary,I would run more, get used to it, then start depending on myself. I been trying to get fit for years to be honest, can't seem to do it. I even take healthy lunches to work, I can seem to do everything else but the whole exercise...heh.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Best bet is to get bloodwork checked out and a bio-sig done. Check all the levels:thyroid,a1c, cortisol, testosterone and c reactive protein then let us know and we may be able to help. Definitely not gonna help shoving a pill in if you don't know what you need to help.
Stress levels?