Stacking Need2Slin and Need2Slin Post-Workout

John33

Awards
Hello,

I tried Need2Slin for the first time today. I took 1 capsule 30 minutes before a meal containing fewer than 50 g of carbs and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I usually get sleepy after a large meal, but not this time. It seems like Need2Slin did something to prevent sleepiness, but I obviously need to use it more than once to see how it works for me. So I have some questions:

1) Is it safe and effective to stack Need2Slin with RPM and DRIVE? The reason I ask is because I am currently on the DAA+Erase+RPM+DRIVE stack.

2) Is it a good idea to take Need2Slin with a post-workout meal that contains around 50 grams of complex carbs, maybe a little less than that. I have been on a low-carb diet for years, not because I need to lose weight (I am actually trying to gain now), but because it just makes me feel good. During the week, I get my carbs from vegetables only. Saturday and Sunday are my carb-up days, but nothing crazy. The reason I ask specifically about taking Need2Slin with a post-workout meal is because I remember reading some posts saying that because of Gymnema Sylvestre in Need2Slin it is not a good idea to take it post-workout.

3) Need2Slin contains Acetyl L-carnatine. I already take 2 g of ALCAR and 2 g of PLCAR pre-workout. Is it okay to continue taking ALCAR and PLCAR in addition to taking Need2Slin?

4) I have read some people say to take 1 capsule of Need2Slin before going to sleep (without eating before bed). Is that really recommended? What is the reasoning behind this?

Thanks.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello,

I tried Need2Slin for the first time today. I took 1 capsule 30 minutes before a meal containing fewer than 50 g of carbs and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I usually get sleepy after a large meal, but not this time. It seems like Need2Slin did something to prevent sleepiness, but I obviously need to use it more than once to see how it works for me. So I have some questions:

1) Is it safe and effective to stack Need2Slin with RPM and DRIVE? The reason I ask is because I am currently on the DAA+Erase+RPM+DRIVE stack.

2) Is it a good idea to take Need2Slin with a post-workout meal that contains around 50 grams of complex carbs, maybe a little less than that. I have been on a low-carb diet for years, not because I need to lose weight (I am actually trying to gain now), but because it just makes me feel good. During the week, I get my carbs from vegetables only. Saturday and Sunday are my carb-up days, but nothing crazy. The reason I ask specifically about taking Need2Slin with a post-workout meal is because I remember reading some posts saying that because of Gymnema Sylvestre in Need2Slin it is not a good idea to take it post-workout.

3) Need2Slin contains Acetyl L-carnatine. I already take 2 g of ALCAR and 2 g of PLCAR pre-workout. Is it okay to continue taking ALCAR and PLCAR in addition to taking Need2Slin?

4) I have read some people say to take 1 capsule of Need2Slin before going to sleep (without eating before bed). Is that really recommended? What is the reasoning behind this?

Thanks.
Need2slin is fine to take with RPM and DRIVE. No worries there. I have taken Need2slin with my post workout meal for a long time, and I don't think the gymnema in it will be a problem. I do 1 cap though, and post workout that is what I would recommend. It is also ok to take Need2slin along with your normal dosing of ALCAR and PLCAR. Once again I would recommend 1 cap. I know some do like taking Need2slin before bed, and I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this either.

For me I dose 3 caps a day. 1 cap before fasted training, 1 cap before post workout meal, and one before my last meal. 3 caps a day spread out is the best efficient but effective dosing IMHO and would also suit your plan well it seems. A bottle will last a good 45 days that way also.

Hope this helps bro. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me ;)

John33

Awards
Hope this helps bro.
Yes, very helpful. Thank you.

I'll follow the 3 a day protocol in the beginning to see how it works, but I'll take 2 capsules on Saturday and Sunday before a high carb meal.

Question: Have you tried ReceptorMax? It is similar to Need2Slin in its function, but some ingredients in it are different.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Yes, very helpful. Thank you.

I'll follow the 3 a day protocol in the beginning to see how it works, but I'll take 2 capsules on Saturday and Sunday before a high carb meal.

Question: Have you tried ReceptorMax? It is similar to Need2Slin in its function, but some ingredients in it are different.
I had never heard of receptormax until just now. But after doing some reading on it, it appears it's a prop blend. It has cinnamon extract in it, which mimics insulin, and also ACL and NA-RALA. But like I said, the problem is that it's a prop blend. You have no idea how much of any of that stuff is in it. You could be getting only 25-50mg of NA-RALA, which would be the most effective ingredient in it.

We have absolutely nothing to hide in our products. And no prop blends, so you know we aren't pixie dusting the good stuff on you. i'd stick with what works bro. If it ain't broke....don't fix it ;)

John33

Awards
It has cinnamon extract in it, which mimics insulin...
I have heard people say that Need2Slin is an insulin mimicker, but is it really true? As for cinnamon extract, does it mimic insulin? I thought it was used to help the body metabolize glucose.

We have absolutely nothing to hide in our products. And no prop blends, so you know we aren't pixie dusting the good stuff on you.
I agree, I do not like prop. blends, and that is why I have made the decision to use Need2Slin, but I just wanted to know what people thought of that other product.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard people say that Need2Slin is an insulin mimicker, but is it really true? As for cinnamon extract, does it mimic insulin? I thought it was used to help the body metabolize glucose.

I agree, I do not like prop. blends, and that is why I have made the decision to use Need2Slin, but I just wanted to know what people thought of that other product.
Yes...Need2slin is considered an insulin mimicker, as are other nutrient partitioners

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I use 4-5 caps a day. Never had a problem with it effecting anything else.

John33

Awards
Yes...Need2slin is considered an insulin mimicker, as are other nutrient partitioners
Oh, ok, I guess I need to look up how an insulin mimicker is defined. I thought it was something else, but I digress.

So my second day on Need2Slin and it seems to be working very well for me. Just like yesterday, I was not sleepy after a large meal and I wonder why. What does Need2Slin do to prevent sleepiness after a large meal? My muscles also seem fuller.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, ok, I guess I need to look up how an insulin mimicker is defined. I thought it was something else, but I digress.

So my second day on Need2Slin and it seems to be working very well for me. Just like yesterday, I was not sleepy after a large meal and I wonder why. What does Need2Slin do to prevent sleepiness after a large meal? My muscles also seem fuller.
I'm not sure what directly would cause you to be less tired after a meal when using Need2slin, but my guess is because your need2slin is basically shuttling nutrients to your muscles and your carbs are more efficiently being used as energy, so that may cause you to be less tired after your meal...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what directly would cause you to be less tired after a meal when using Need2slin, but my guess is because your need2slin is basically shuttling nutrients to your muscles and your carbs are more efficiently being used as energy, so that may cause you to be less tired after your meal...
The way I understand it, and someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But the purpose and job of an insulin mimicker is to act in the same fashion as insulin does in your body, and do its job for it. We know insulin is used to shuttle nutrients, especially carbs into muscles. Thus the reason for the recommended "insulin spike" PWO. What insulin mimickers do is act as insulin for the body and shuttle the nutrients more efficiently for it, usually even more efficiently than inuslin itself can. The by product of this is that it requires your body to produce LESS insulin itself. We all know what happens after a huge rise in insulin, you got lethargic/sleepy tired.

So if I were to guess, I would say that the reason you feel less sleepy after a carb meal is because the n2slin is requiring your body to produce less insulin, by doing the job of insulin for it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The way I understand it, and someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But the purpose and job of an insulin mimicker is to act in the same fashion as insulin does in your body, and do its job for it. We know insulin is used to shuttle nutrients, especially carbs into muscles. Thus the reason for the recommended "insulin spike" PWO. What insulin mimickers do is act as insulin for the body and shuttle the nutrients more efficiently for it, usually even more efficiently than inuslin itself can. The by product of this is that it requires your body to produce LESS insulin itself. We all know what happens after a huge rise in insulin, you got lethargic/sleepy tired.

So if I were to guess, I would say that the reason you feel less sleepy after a carb meal is because the n2slin is requiring your body to produce less insulin, by doing the job of insulin for it.
That sounds pretty accurate to me...:goodpost:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's some information on the MOAs for the ingredients in Need2Slin - mostly relating to insulin mimicking and release. You should note that even if you're low/no carb, other foods including proteins cause insulin release. Using a nutrient partitioner can benefit even low carb diets similar to how bodybuilders use insulin (though you need more glucose in that case).

Here's something from StrategicMove on Na-R-ALA:
I suppose your interest is pre-meal timing is to use Na-R-ALA to enhance insulin synthesis. Due to Na-R-ALA's superior stability, bioavailability, and longer-acting properties versus other forms of ALA, recommendations range from 15 minutes before a meal to right after the meal. Considering, that it has multiple benefits reclycling of vitamins C, E, glutathione, and coenzyme-Q10; as well as chelation of metals and general free-radical quenching, it may be useful to take it closer to meals (about 10 minutes before), so it can also support the detoxification of mutagenic agents found in food, in addition to its impact on insulin levels. For perspective, a recent study (Carlson DA, Smith AR, Fischer SJ, Young KL, Packer L. Altern Med Rev. 2007 Dec;12(4):343-51.) showed that Na-R-ALA reached peak plasma concentrations within 10-20 minutes of oral supplementation.
One on Gymnema:
Gymnema sylvestre stimulates insulin release in vitro by increased membrane permeability.
Persaud SJ, Al-Majed H, Raman A, Jones PM.
SourcePhysiology Division, School of Biomedical Sciences, King's College, London, UK.

Abstract
To determine whether extracts of Gymnema sylvestre may have therapeutic potential for the treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), we examined the effects of an alcoholic extract of G. sylvestre (GS4) on insulin secretion from rat islets of Langerhans and several pancreatic beta-cell lines. GS4 stimulated insulin release from HIT-T15, MIN6 and RINm5F beta-cells and from islets in the absence of any other stimulus, and GS4-stimulated insulin secretion was inhibited in the presence of 1 mM EGTA. Blockade of voltage-operated Ca(2+) channels with 10 microM isradipine did not significantly affect GS4-induced secretion, and insulin release in response to GS4 was independent of incubation temperature. Examination of islet and beta-cell integrity after exposure to GS4, by trypan blue exclusion, indicated that concentrations of GS4 that stimulated insulin secretion also caused increased uptake of dye. Two gymnemic acid-enriched fractions of GS4, obtained by size exclusion and silica gel chromatography, also caused increases in insulin secretion concomitant with increased trypan blue uptake. These results confirm the stimulatory effects of G. sylvestre on insulin release, but indicate that GS4 acts by increasing cell permeability, rather than by stimulating exocytosis by regulated pathways. Thus the suitability of GS4 as a potential novel treatment for NIDDM can not be assessed by direct measurements of beta-cell function in vitro.
PMID: 10556769 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

A little on Corosolic Acid (banaba leaf):

Corosolic acid stimulates glucose uptake via enhancing insulin receptor phosphorylation.
Shi L, Zhang W, Zhou YY, Zhang YN, Li JY, Hu LH, Li J.
SourceNational Center for Drug Screening, People's Republic of China.

Abstract
Corosolic acid, a triterpenoid compound widely existing in many traditional Chinese medicinal herbs, has been proved to have antidiabetic effects on animal experiments and clinical trials. However, the underlying mechanisms remain unknown. Here, we investigate its cellular effects and related signaling pathway. We demonstrate that it enhances glucose uptake in L6 myotubes and facilitates glucose transporter isoform 4 translocation in CHO/hIR cells. These actions are mediated by insulin pathway activation and can be blocked by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI(3) Kinase) inhibitor wortmannin. Furthermore, Corosolic acid inhibits the enzymatic activities of several diabetes-related non-receptor protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPs) in vitro, such as PTP1B, T-cell-PTP, src homology phosphatase-1 and src homology phosphatase-2

And on cAMP:
cAMP enhances insulin secretion by an action on the ATP-sensitive K+ channel-independent pathway of glucose signaling in rat pancreatic islets.
H Yajima, M Komatsu, T Schermerhorn, T Aizawa, T Kaneko, M Nagai, G W Sharp and K Hashizume
Department of Aging Medicine and Geriatrics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan.

Abstract
Cyclic AMP potentiates glucose-stimulated insulin release by actions predominantly at a site, or sites, distal to the elevation of the cytosolic free Ca2+ concentration ([Ca2+]i). Glucose also acts at a site, or sites, distal to the elevation of [Ca2+]i via the ATP-sensitive K+ channel (K+ATP channel)-independent signaling pathway. Accordingly, using rat pancreatic islets, we studied the location of the action of cAMP and its interaction with the glucose pathway. Forskolin, an activator of adenylyl cyclase, raised intracellular cAMP levels and enhanced KCl-induced (Ca2+ -stimulated) insulin release in the presence, but not in the absence, of glucose. Thus, cAMP has no direct effect on Ca2+ -stimulated insulin release. The interaction between cAMP and glucose occurs at a step distal to the elevation of [Ca2+]i because forskolin enhancement of KCl-induced insulin release, in the presence of glucose, was demonstrated in the islets treated with diazoxide, a K+ATP channel opener. The enhancement of insulin release was not associated with any increase in [Ca2+]i. Furthermore, the interaction between cAMP and glucose was unequivocally observed even under stringent Ca2+ -free conditions, indicating the Ca2+ -independent action of cAMP. This action of cAMP is physiologically relevant, because not only forskolin but also glucagon-like peptide 1, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, and pituitary adenylyl cyclase activating polypeptide exerted similar actions. In conclusion, the cAMP/protein kinase A pathway has no direct effect on Ca2+ -stimulated insulin exocytosis. Rather, it strongly potentiates insulin release by increasing the effectiveness of the K+ATP channel-independent action of glucose and that matters because of the relationship of forskolin and cAMP:

Mechanism(s) of Action
Forskolin acts primarily by activating the enzyme adenylate cyclase, which results in increased cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) in cells. Cyclic AMP belongs to a class of substances known as “second messengers,” and is one of the most important cell-regulating compounds. Among its many roles, cAMP activates numerous other enzymes involved in diverse cellular functions. Hormones and neurotransmitters also activate adenylate cyclase—but forskolin appears to be able to activate adenylate cyclase by itself. Thus, forskolin can increase cyclic AMP without the assistance of hormones or neurotransmitters.

So, if you read all these, they all relate to insulin. If you understand insulin, and how bodybuilders use insulin to gain mass, it makes sense to take these types of supplements before meals to make the most use of insulin for anabolic purposes. Even with broccoli and steak, insulin usage and GLUT-4 translocation can help anabolism.

I hope that helps clarify why you would take it pre-meal, and some detail on MOAs.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great info there Milas. Thanks for posting that up bro ;)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Gee thanks for putting my post to shame milas, LOL.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

More or less, Mak got the gist of it. More blood glucose clearing your system faster and less "real" insulin necessary to clear the blood glucose. I've seen one use post his blood glucose readings using Need2Slin, a home-brew of similar bulk powders, and baseline. It clearly showed Need2Slin cleared glucose faster, that would be the main factor why you didn't feel as lethargic. I'm thinking the synephrine may help too.

John33

Awards
More blood glucose clearing your system faster and less "real" insulin necessary to clear the blood glucose.
Makes sense. So the primary function/purpose of Need2Slin is to clear elevated blood glucose while suppressing real (my body's) insulin release, right? If that is how it works, great, but I am not sure I understand why or how it would help me add muscle mass. Could you explain that please? Thanks.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to address this briefly; if I recall, it has to do with overall insulin sensitivity. I know Rosie and some other people were talking about this with SlinSane and saying they would feel drier in the morning. There's a pretty good post on it, but I don't have the time to pull it right now. I personally never tried this because I love using Need2Slin or other nutrient repartitioners so much that I didn't want to waste any not surrounded by carbs lol.

Glad to hear you're liking it so far. I've been off of it for several months now and very much look forward to using it again.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Makes sense. So the primary function/purpose of Need2Slin is to clear elevated blood glucose while suppressing real (my body's) insulin release, right? If that is how it works, great, but I am not sure I understand why or how it would help me add muscle mass. Could you explain that please? Thanks.
The intent is to move the blood glucose into muscle. What an issue is with insulin, and insulin mimickers, is they are not entirely selective on where they move the blood glucose (except 4-hydroxyisoleucine/fenugreek seed extract); muscle or fat. Resistance exercise helps partition nutrients toward muscle, so that is an optimal time to consume food and deposit blood glucose (and other nutrients) selectively in muscle.

While insulin and mimickers have not been proven to partition nutrients to muscle instead of fat, anecdotal evidence from users suggests there's a preference for muscle versus fat. However, there have been no studies to create a direct link so it is left to individuals to determine that for themselves. Regardless, using insulin and mimickers before meals will give a boost to anabolism.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does Need2Slin need to be cycled?
No, many people including myself and Rick use it as a staple. I like it particularly for the Na-R-ALA content, that is a good supplement to have year round for general health.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The notion is pretty straight forward, carbs/fat/insulin blunt the release of Growth Hormone. By clearing your blood of excess glucose prior to sleep you can avoid some potential blunting of GH release (assuming you've eaten around bed time). There may be other purposes, but I believe that is the primary one.

I don't know how much affect it would have, but some people like Dsade and Rosie swear by it. I don't think I can tell the difference, but I do it anyway off an on.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to jump in and help but you guys crushed it. I will say though that taking Need2slin before bed on an empty stomach with some BCAAs can help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling a little tighter.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
The notion is pretty straight forward, carbs/fat/insulin blunt the release of Growth Hormone. By clearing your blood of excess glucose prior to sleep you can avoid some potential blunting of GH release (assuming you've eaten around bed time). There may be other purposes, but I believe that is the primary one.

I don't know how much affect it would have, but some people like Dsade and Rosie swear by it. I don't think I can tell the difference, but I do it anyway off an on.
Yeah it def works. I notice it more when i'm dieting than when i'm bulking.

John33

Awards
The intent is to move the blood glucose into muscle. What an issue is with insulin, and insulin mimickers, is they are not entirely selective on where they move the blood glucose (except 4-hydroxyisoleucine/fenugreek seed extract); muscle or fat.
I have heard that some professional bodybuilders inject insulin. Why are they doing it? Does ejecting insulin somehow grantees that glucose gets into muscle and not fat?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There have been a lot of info in this thread with good questions and good answers! :)

Good stuff guys! :bigok:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard that some professional bodybuilders inject insulin. Why are they doing it? Does ejecting insulin somehow grantees that glucose gets into muscle and not fat?
Insulin is one of, if not the most dangerous thing out there as far as bodybuilding drugs are concerned. It's a very risky thing and the wrong move can kill you. I'd never mess around with it. But an illustration of the draw is look at what a product like Need2Slin can do for you...then multiply the results near exponentially and there you have it.

John33

Awards
Insulin is one of, if not the most dangerous thing out there as far as bodybuilding drugs are concerned. It's a very risky thing and the wrong move can kill you. I'd never mess around with it. But an illustration of the draw is look at what a product like Need2Slin can do for you...then multiply the results near exponentially and there you have it.
Of course. I would never do something like this. Since we were talking about how insulin works, I asked the question to better understand how insulin is used to gain muscle mass and how Need2Slin can help in that department.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are various dosing schedules for insulin, it can be used pre/post workout to get more partitioning to the muscle. Using it other times it's not as selective with muscle versus fat I believe. I'm not well versed enough though in insulin usage to provide any usable information beyond that.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course. I would never do something like this. Since we were talking about how insulin works, I asked the question to better understand how insulin is used to gain muscle mass and how Need2Slin can help in that department.
Haha, I got ya, bud. I wasn't insinuating that you would/wanted to use it. I just wanted to toss that out there for others who come across this thread in the future.

A buddy of mine (who now has 3 cycles under his belt) had a friend who was planning on running insulin after just one cycle. He never did (at least not up here; he moved), but my buddy was a bio major in college, so he explained a lot of the effects to me. My dad is a diabetic and I pray I never have to touch insulin.

John33

Awards
Well, since Need2Slin is an insulin mimicker and we are talking about how it works, I think we need to talk about how insulin works and how to best use it (not injections, I'm talking about food and Need2Slin) to gain muscle mass while minimizing fat gain.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, since Need2Slin is an insulin mimicker and we are talking about how it works, I think we need to talk about how insulin works and how to best use it (not injections, I'm talking about food and Need2Slin) to gain muscle mass while minimizing fat gain.
I would agree with that. It helps to understand the mechanism behind insulin and its effects on gaining muscle and losing fat to better understand some of the insulin mimickers or nutrient partitioners such as Need2slin. I don't think enough people realize just how valuable it can be no matter what your goal is. It Works great to help you whether cutting, bulking, or recomping :)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I would agree with that. It helps to understand the mechanism behind insulin and its effects on gaining muscle and losing fat to better understand some of the insulin mimickers or nutrient partitioners such as Need2slin. I don't think enough people realize just how valuable it can be no matter what your goal is. It Works great to help you whether cutting, bulking, or recomping :)
Agreed for sure. That's why I think n2slin is one of the most versatile supplements out there. It can be added to your arsenal no matter what your specifics goals or diet are at the time. It ALWAYS has a place in your regimen.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

AJay

Awards
Usually excess carbohydrates ends up as excess fat. Any meal or snack high in carbohydrates will generate a rapid rise in blood glucose. To adjust for this rapid rise, the pancreas secretes the hormone insulin into the bloodstream. Insulin then lowers the levels of blood glucose. But the problem is that insulin is essentially a storage hormone, evolved to put aside excess carbohydrate calories in the form of fat in case of future famine. So the insulin that's stimulated by excess carbohydrates aggressively promotes the accumulation of body fat. Need2Slin improves Nutrition pertinence by*increasing insulin sensitivity and carbohydrates/Nutrition up take, so it*basically shut guns carbohydrates and other nutrients to your muscles leaving them no chance of being stored as fat.*This means carbs, sugars and fats get used or stored in the muscle as energy rather then stored as fat. The result of this is more lean muscle mass and less body fat!!!

John33

Awards
Usually excess carbohydrates ends up as excess fat. Any meal or snack high in carbohydrates will generate a rapid rise in blood glucose. To adjust for this rapid rise, the pancreas secretes the hormone insulin into the bloodstream. Insulin then lowers the levels of blood glucose. But the problem is that insulin is essentially a storage hormone, evolved to put aside excess carbohydrate calories in the form of fat in case of future famine. So the insulin that's stimulated by excess carbohydrates aggressively promotes the accumulation of body fat. Need2Slin improves Nutrition pertinence by*increasing insulin sensitivity and carbohydrates/Nutrition up take, so it*basically shut guns carbohydrates and other nutrients to your muscles leaving them no chance of being stored as fat.*This means carbs, sugars and fats get used or stored in the muscle as energy rather then stored as fat. The result of this is more lean muscle mass and less body fat!!!
Very informative! Thank you. Question: Is there a limit to how much of these nutrients my muscles can accept? I mean, I have no idea if at the time when I eat my muscles are empty, half empty or almost full. I have heard that it takes endurance type of events lasting hours to deplete the muscles. I do not do endurance, I am on the 5x5 sometimes 5x8 program.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very informative! Thank you. Question: Is there a limit to how much of these nutrients my muscles can accept? I mean, I have no idea if at the time when I eat my muscles are empty, half empty or almost full. I have heard that it takes endurance type of events lasting hours to deplete the muscles. I do not do endurance, I am on the 5x5 sometimes 5x8 program.
There is a limit, and it will be once your muscles reach saturation from the glycogen and water. When you get to that point depends on how much you are already holding, how many carbs you have taken in, and how many caps of Need2slin you have taken. If you continually take in more carbs daily than your body can store in the muscle then it will be used elsewhere, either as energy or stored as fat more than likely

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best time for refilling muscle glycogen is post workout, where your body natuarlly partitions food/glucose to muscle versus fat. Using Need2Slin, you can increase the effect at this time. I'm not sure about "super saturating" the muscle, but there seems to be some anecdotal evidence that it's possible (i.e. food pumps).

The other best time would be if you're using Intermittent Fasting and you take the Need2Slin prior to your fast breaking meal, it would have similar types of effects then, and can also result in "food pumps" that may be muscle glycogen super saturation.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Best time for refilling muscle glycogen is post workout, where your body natuarlly partitions food/glucose to muscle versus fat. Using Need2Slin, you can increase the effect at this time. I'm not sure about "super saturating" the muscle, but there seems to be some anecdotal evidence that it's possible (i.e. food pumps).

The other best time would be if you're using Intermittent Fasting and you take the Need2Slin prior to your fast breaking meal, it would have similar types of effects then, and can also result in "food pumps" that may be muscle glycogen super saturation.

spot on advice

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That is very true Milas. I think there is definitely some super saturation of glycogen when breaking fast on an IF diet. I can literally swell up after breaking fast and look huge compared to my fasted state, especially on workout days where my carbs are much higher. Those "food pumps" are great post workout or breaking fast. I don't think you would get near the muscle saturation outside of those times.

John33

Awards
I can literally swell up after breaking fast and look huge compared to my fasted state, especially on workout days where my carbs are much higher.
Do you consume carbs on non-workout days?

John33

Awards
Best time for refilling muscle glycogen is post workout, where your body natuarlly partitions food/glucose to muscle versus fat. Using Need2Slin, you can increase the effect at this time.
Is it true that glycogen is muscle dependent? Different body parts have their own glycogen reserves, it is not just one pool of glycogen that is being used by various muscle groups. For example, doing squats will deplete glycogen in my legs, but not in my arms. Doing barbell curls will deplete glycogen in my arms, but not in my legs, etc.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it true that glycogen is muscle dependent? Different body parts have their own glycogen reserves, it is not just one pool of glycogen that is being used by various muscle groups. For example, doing squats will deplete glycogen in my legs, but not in my arms. Doing barbell curls will deplete glycogen in my arms, but not in my legs, etc.
More or less, yes. It depends on total demand, but the first reserve will be active ATP then as you go into more anaerobic exercise you pull more from muscle glycogen, starting locally first. After that I believe energy will draw from fat stores and other available muscle glycogen, or liver glycogen, etc.

It's hard to just isolate squats affect quad glycogen or curls only affect bicep glycogen, your BODY is using energy and it will draw from multiple areas.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
More or less, yes. It depends on total demand, but the first reserve will be active ATP then as you go into more anaerobic exercise you pull more from muscle glycogen, starting locally first. After that I believe energy will draw from fat stores and other available muscle glycogen, or liver glycogen, etc.

It's hard to just isolate squats affect quad glycogen or curls only affect bicep glycogen, your BODY is using energy and it will draw from multiple areas.
good info Milas. Also keep in mind that even though fructose is a carb, it does NOT replenish muscle glycogen. It only replenishes liver glycogen.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

John33

Awards
The trick seems to be in figuring out how much glycogen one needs to replenish after exercise. Not knowing that is kind of like driving a car without a fuel gauge. How do you know when and how much to refuel?

John33

Awards
Also keep in mind that even though fructose is a carb, it does NOT replenish muscle glycogen. It only replenishes liver glycogen.
So if I eat an apple or some berries, it will do nothing for my muscle glycogen? What is the difference between liver glycogen and muscle glycogen? Do other organs have glycogen stores?