A safe muscle building supplement

cg123

Awards
I'm 17 and I don't want to try anabolics because it obviously is not smart or healthy. But I was wondering what a good supplement is out there. Not creatine protein etc. But something better. Is nitric oxide good. What do you suggest? My goals are to get bigger arms mostly but I work out every group. Thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outside of whey/BCAA and creatine, there's nothing else you should be using. Nitric oxide has no efficacy on hypertrophy.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 17 food should be ur best friend, besides the basics u listed, u shouldn't really need much more

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Steak, potatoes, milk, rice, chicken. Lots of all of them.

cg123

Awards
Yes I have been eating a lot. But is there anything else out there? I'm sure there is something I can add to help

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I have been eating a lot. But is there anything else out there? I'm sure there is something I can add to help
Time and consistency. Those are the only things that will get you to where you want to be. No physique is built in a matter of months or even years.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
agreed, food!

the only thing I might rec is a good post workout recovery shake. Torrent is my personal favorite, but there are some other good ones out there too.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I'm 17 and I don't want to try anabolics because it obviously is not smart or healthy. But I was wondering what a good supplement is out there. Not creatine protein etc. But something better. Is nitric oxide good. What do you suggest? My goals are to get bigger arms mostly but I work out every group. Thanks
id rec:
Need2SLin
BCAA's
Creatine
Protein / whey
multivitamin.
fishoil
maybe ASGT as a pre-wo
and a healthy lifting and diet.

it really comes down to your diet and lifting.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A food log to really track the exact amounts of protein,carbs,and fats you are consuming each day. You will have to learn nutritional values of the foods and will be surprised how much food it takes to get say 200g of protein a day...cleanly. Start with that and see how the scale moves.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
id rec:
Need2SLin
BCAA's
Creatine
Protein / whey
multivitamin.
fishoil
maybe ASGT as a pre-wo
and a healthy lifting and diet.

it really comes down to your diet and lifting.
agreed

John33

Awards
I am sure you do not want to hear this, but as others have said, at 17, you do not need any supplements. Spend your money on good food. You do not need any pills at this age. At 40, it is a different story, but at 17, you are golden, you have more hormones flowing in your body than you will find at a Tijuana pharmacy. Okay, that is not entirely true, but I hope you get the point.

Eat healthy and follow a good exercise program. Do not just eat healthy, however, make sure that you consume enough calories to support muscle grows. You should be gaining, on average, around 1 pound a week. Stay away from junk food, but do not get overly obsessive with calorie counting and not cheating on your diet. You can eat what you crave at least once or twice a week, assuming you eat right the rest of the week. Follow a good exercise program. If you have not already, try StrongLifts 5x5.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Food, volume and heavy lifting cycles and at least 8 hours sleep. A high calorie post workout shake. A good multi vitamin wouldn't hurt. The point your at right now is a magical time. Growth will come better now than at any point in your life. Stay in here and educate yourself on great training protocols and how to eat. There's no substitute for hard work my man

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Better protein bars
whey to build muscle
Power butter ( a big favorite)
you really don't need much else besides food and maybe some food supplements like that.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have age and time on your side young man. Hell, if you just add 5 lbs a year(Low balling here), in 5 years you've added 25 lbs to your frame. Case in point, between the years of 17-18 my son went thru a growth spurt and put on 20 lbs! He is 5'11" and goes about 210 right now at 20 yrs old. He really focused on the macros this summer and put 5 more pounds on. Take your time and get the basics solid before adding in too many variables.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Creatine, preworkout of choice. Maybe a ecdy product.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Heavy lifting
food
multivitamin (orange triad)
Amino acids (purple wraath, xtend)
Creatine
beta alanine
Fish oil
food
food
protein

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, wish I was seventeen again.
same here, brutha!

I like natties reminder about PB too...I have natty PB every morning, and sometimes with my pre workout snack.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heavy lifting
food
multivitamin (orange triad)
Amino acids (purple wraath, xtend)
Creatine
beta alanine
Fish oil
food
food
protein
Lol...looks like my son's stack!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time and consistency. Those are the only things that will get you to where you want to be. No physique is built in a matter of months or even years.
agreed. this is a long process that builds up with continued time and effort.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic Pump + a ton of oatmeal. It blew me up like nuts back when I was 100% natural. Very serious.

Mike

cg123

Awards
Anabolic Pump + a ton of oatmeal. It blew me up like nuts back when I was 100% natural. Very serious.

Mike
How does the anabolic pump work. Will it help increase size of arms? And what is it in general?

cg123

Awards

Mike
What is anabolic pump? Does it work good to increase arms size? And does it have side effects like acne?

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better protein bars
whey to build muscle
Power butter ( a big favorite)
you really don't need much else besides food and maybe some food supplements like that.
Please fix your sig to show that you are a needtobuildmuscle rep.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is anabolic pump? Does it work good to increase arms size? And does it have side effects like acne?
Its a nutrient repartioner and if your eating a lot of complex carbs it will work pretty well. I think its probably the safest supplement for you to take beyond creatine at your age.