best food for your bulk

omegared9580

Awards
hey i wanna let some of you guys know what ive found to be the best bulking food out there before i get started if your not drink 4 or 5 gallons of milk a week you missing out on the best bulking tool... ok i got 3 months worth of nu***system food from my grandfather he said it was nasty and they were to small littile did i know he just saved me hundreds of bucks on food there is so much protine in this food in such small portions you will never have to worry about did i get enough plus they dont taste that bad i mean compared to some of those nasty a** 3 dollar protine bars you get at the store its great. anyway im letting you guys know because ive tried it and it works plus its a hell of a lot cheaper and good for you in the sence that its all good fat cals. and carbs and its a lot easier to have a life if your not stresing over food all the time.. but hey dont take my word for it do a little research and see for yourself you will thank me latter

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nutri system? all that garbage is soy. Yuck. As for bulking....Natural Peanutbutter FTW.

omegared9580

Awards
yea peanut butter is good but i would rather have 100 different kinds of soy than peanut butter everyday lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha are you serious? Soy is so bad.

omegared9580

Awards
o and less than 5% of there meals are soy

omegared9580

Awards
look it up i did my research before i posted bro

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
look it up i did my research before i posted bro
All the protein in their products is soy protein. Like I said....No thanks. If you want to ingest soy...go ahead that is your own choice. I just want to express my opinion that it is garbage. Their are other better non animal proteins out there.

ChrisSurf

Awards
Doesn't matter the amount of protein, Nutrisystem is designed for losing weight /cutting etc, not bulking. You could be getting your protein and no where near the cal intake you need from their meals. Their plans are for calories control to limit ones intake i.e. to lose weight. Plus it's primarily soy protein, so many other better choices out there. Your better off buying food in the store and pre-making, don't bother with those store bought bars anyway, There's better homemade ones, I've even posted a recipe where each bulking bar is like over 500 cals if I recall, and loaded with good protein, carbs etc... let's see nutrisystem match that lol.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't matter the amount of protein, Nutrisystem is designed for losing weight /cutting etc, not bulking. You could be getting your protein and no where near the cal intake you need from their meals. Their plans are for calories control to limit ones intake i.e. to lose weight. Plus it's primarily soy protein, so many other better choices out there. Your better off buying food in the store and pre-making, don't bother with those store bought bars anyway, There's better homemade ones, I've even posted a recipe where each bulking bar is like over 500 cals if I recall, and loaded with good protein, carbs etc... let's see nutrisystem match that lol.
another great point, all of is processed garbage as well :D

omegared9580

Awards
ok man but no they arent the soy that is in there is mostly flour im not saying replace your meals i said extra protine on top of your diet and yes i do understand they have things like soynuts and soy meals well dont eat those what i eat ant theres lots of it are veggie chilli soups chicken with rib meat (not soy) i mean if it says soy dont eat it and soy is not bad for you its not great for building muscle but its not bad anyway it is great for adding to meals there are lots of good protine meals and snacks that are not soy i dont want to go back and forth on this it works im proof and i do my research not tryin to make enemys i might need your info on something some day

omegared9580

Awards
you are right about the old nut**system most of the stuff i have has whey in it

FINEMNT

Awards
another great point, all of is processed garbage as well :D
Right on! 100% processed! Don't get me wrong, if you are stuck not eating vs popping one of these in the microwave, go for it. But overall, it shouldn't be your primary source of meals. Look at the sodium content, it's probably way high! Not to mention all the added preservatives.......

Bulking foods: Pasta, brown rice, potatoes, bread and low fat to medium fat meats (for higher calorie content). MMMmmm, high carb meals, love the bulking season!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They did a study on a group of men intaking soy protein, most of them showed signs of hypothyroidism. Soy is full of lectins and phytoestrogens. Lectins are terrible on your digestive tract. Studies on pigs show that it negatively effected their GI tracts. Its not a complete source of protein...

Ill try to produce these studies, I have heard them on Super Human Radio. Still wanna ingest soy?

omegared9580

Awards
ok this aint my first rodeo and i know how many cals. i need carbs and protine i not gonna go back to the protine thing because i know what im talkin about IF YOU ADD THESE THINGS TO YOUR MEALS AND AS SNACKS IT WILL HELP YOU BULK bottom line i do it it works and its cheap that is my point and sence im tha one with the boxes of food in front of me and have done lots o reading up on it i posted to give people an idea and help out if you dont like it thats cool butvif you dont know what your talkin about your not helping anyone

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If you saved money and got free Nutrisystem food and are happy with the taste, I couldn't be more happier for you. Eat up and enjoy, my friend!

omegared9580

Awards
i can see no will check out the ingredeints i know that soy is not good for muscle growth thats why i dont eat it there is 100 different things with no soy WHEY protine thats what i eat on top of my diet. geeze man

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can see no will check out the ingredeints i know that soy is not good for muscle growth thats why i dont eat it there is 100 different things with no soy WHEY protine thats what i eat on top of my diet. geeze man
just make sure you check the profiles. If I got a box of food like that for free, id pick through it ;D

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
just make sure you check the profiles. If I got a box of food like that for free, id pick through it ;D
LOL. Same here. I'd just be a tad weary of the sodium, but that's just me. I would definitely use it if I got it for free! My dad actually used this to lose weight for rowing. He was just looking to really monitor calories. I could see how a system like this could be used to bulk up if you are at your baseline caloric level and want to really watch your cals, but I'd probably just buy a good box of MRPs like the Prosource brand MRP.

Greg Grunberg

Awards
Hi freinds,

Protein is essential to bulking up and gaining muscle, However there are alternatives to drinking the shakes, you can make diet consist of meat, tuna, eg, However without putting the effort in and going to the gym protein is pretty much useless, so what I'm saying is protein works very well if you put the work in.

Thanks a lot.
Greg Grunberg

JohnnyBlaze01

Awards
Steel cut oats
Eggs
Pasta (depending)
High Protein intake

dodgesruck

Awards
Basicly it's the same foods you eat while your cutting but in greater portions. To many people use the word bulk as an excuse to eat like crap and then complain that they have to much weight to cut. Learn your macro's for a cut and your maintenance and then just add to that. Kids ask me all the time how to gain size so I ask them what are you eating and they tell me weight gainers, peanut butter and jelly,hamburgers and whole milk. Sure you'll gain weight but it's probably not what you want. Keep it clean keep it basic and eat alot of it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hands down, oatmeal and a ton of it. My best gains came from a crap load of oatmeal and anabolic pump.

Mike

omegared9580

Awards
yep oatmeal and some kind of meat every morning for me

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Colbert

Colbert

Awards
lots and lots of oats!

Then brown rice and steak :D then chicken breast

these are what works best for me :)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok this aint my first rodeo and i know how many cals. i need carbs and protine i not gonna go back to the protine thing because i know what im talkin about IF YOU ADD THESE THINGS TO YOUR MEALS AND AS SNACKS IT WILL HELP YOU BULK bottom line i do it it works and its cheap that is my point and sence im tha one with the boxes of food in front of me and have done lots o reading up on it i posted to give people an idea and help out if you dont like it thats cool butvif you dont know what your talkin about your not helping anyone
Nothing like a good roast to start the day:)

Take it easy bro. You can't expect to come on here pitching processed foods and get a standing ovation. Everyone on here is just trying to help and after years and years of dialing in our diets we feel like we have a pretty good idea what works.

I'm sure we all tried the quick and easy way but then again we used to piss our pants too. Eat fresh dude. All those processed foods wreak havoc on men: hormones, mood, bp, general health and the list goes on and on. I know personally when I slip up and eat like **** I feel it immediately. What to eat isn't a mystery everyone on here posted some good stuff. I guarantee you eat strict and fresh for a solid month you'll be stronger for it and making the weights you used to lift with your biotch.

Good luck brother

omegared9580

Awards
when your on cycle for putting on mass its is important to eat good foods but if you have a job and kids like i do and you dont make 300k a year you can not eat 8 well balanced home cooked meals a day there for i use nu**isystem to help me threw the day sence ive been doing this i have seen pretty impressive results as opposed to a shake or candy bar point being it works im sure if you had the hole day to think about your body you could do a little better but for the time and money it takes im very happy some of my friends have ordered some as well its cool if people dont wanna try it not tryin to change opinions but i will continue doing what works no hard feelings bro

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you cycling? Just curious...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hands down, oatmeal and a ton of it. My best gains came from a crap load of oatmeal and anabolic pump.

Mike
"crap load" and "anabolic pump" really hits home for me, damn that always had me crapping my brains out. Pslin was fine though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when your on cycle for putting on mass its is important to eat good foods but if you have a job and kids like i do and you dont make 300k a year you can not eat 8 well balanced home cooked meals a day
chicken breasts are $2 a pound at sams club or walmart, you can get 70/30 beef for $1-1.50 a pound, rice is as cheap as dirt, sweet potatoes are $1 a pound or less, oatmeal costs next to nothing, canned spinach is cheap too. you can get plenty of good healthy foods for bulking cheap.

But free is possibly better.

On cycle or off cycle, you don't need any more than 3 meals a day.

omegared9580

Awards
everybodys different but i like 35 to 40 gs of protein 6 to 8 times a day cant just do tha 3 meals a day to much time in between meals while i would love to have home cooked meals like i said i dont have an oven at work lol and i know how much food cost im a single father of 2 so i spend a lot of time buying food instead of trying to pick it apart just take my word for it ive been doing this a while and this works and works well i dont know all the specs that make it work i just know it does

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chicken breasts are $2 a pound at sams club or walmart, you can get 70/30 beef for $1-1.50 a pound, rice is as cheap as dirt, sweet potatoes are $1 a pound or less, oatmeal costs next to nothing, canned spinach is cheap too. you can get plenty of good healthy foods for bulking cheap.

But free is possibly better.

On cycle or off cycle, you don't need any more than 3 meals a day.
^^^ This!!! I go to Costco I can do 3k+ cals a day for $150 bi weekly