anything good for social anxiety?

TulsaTalons

Awards
is there anything out there that helps social anxiety? new supplements or RC or whatever. anything that works besides alcohol? thanks guys.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SNS Phenibut XT is exactly what you are looking for. It has helped me in this area greatly.

$18.99 on NutraPlanet

SNS Phenibut XT

TulsaTalons

Awards
SNS Phenibut XT is exactly what you are looking for. It has helped me in this area greatly.

$18.99 on NutraPlanet

SNS Phenibut XT
i take phenibut, and it does work, but it has made me almost fall asleep at the wheel twice in the past month, so needless to say, not good.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i take phenibut, and it does work, but it has made me almost fall asleep at the wheel twice in the past month, so needless to say, not good.
I'd give Picamilon-150 a shot. Same mood uplift but without the chance of getting too relaxed :).

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

$18.99 on NutraPlanet

SNS Phenibut XT
This is pretty much what that product was made for. Just be careful with the dose and experiement with what works for you so you have a good idea on how to gauge said effects.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd give Picamilon-150 a shot. Same mood uplift but without the chance of getting too relaxed :).
This is a great suggestion if Phenibut causes you to relax a little too much.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
is there anything out there that helps social anxiety? new supplements or RC or whatever. anything that works besides alcohol? thanks guys.
I like 5-HTP myself- and you don't have to take it every day

Bacopa also will work, and I like Lit-Up as well, because it puts me in such a good mood....

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try some nootropics and see which you react to best. If pheni makes you fall asleep I would try picamilon next like cooper suggested.

Just get out there more too...the more experience and exposure you have in the social atmosphere the less anxiety you will have. Even when you go places during the day like the grocery store. Talk to the cashier. Stuff like that slowly makes your anxiety less and less.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't used it for this purpose but was literally just stumbling across this information so thought I would post it here for you.

---

Effects of L-theanine on the release of α-brain waves in human volunteers
Author(s)
KOBAYASHI K. NAGATO Y. AOI N. JUNEJA L. R. KIM M. YAMAMOTO T. SUGIMOTO S.

Abstract
L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea leaf and in its infusion, and is known to control excitement caused by caffeine. It is also known that the oral administration of L-theanine to rats results in a decrease of serotonin and increase of catecholamines in their brain. L-Theanine has been confirmed to be safe in animal experiments. We found recently that oral intake of L-theanine caused a feeling of relaxation among the human volunteers examined. These observations led us to do experiments on the effects of administration of L-theanine on the brain electric waves. Eight female university students were selected as volunteers. Four of them were ranked to be Grade I (the highest anxiety) and the remaining four, Grade V (the lowest anxiety) in an investigation done by the manifest anxiety scale method. A dose of oral administration of 200 mg of L-theanine dissolved in 100 ml of water resulted in the generation of α-electric waves in the occipital and parietal regions of the brains of the subjects. The emission intensity of α-brain waves (integrated as a function of investigation times and area) was significantly greater in the group of Grade I than that of Grade V. These results indicate the possibility for L-theanine to be applied to foods and beverages as a new type of functional food ingredient for its relaxation effect.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
500 mg sns phenibut
PLUS half scoop of focus XT

Will have you asking what is social anxiety?

Will not make very sleepy either

TulsaTalons

Awards
phenibut and picamilon both end up putting GABA in ur brain, right? so whats the difference? i know picamilon also has niacin, is that it?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to be a jerk here but whatever the heck mimicks the activity of ecstacy! Sadly, I am as anti-social as it gets and that crap made me the friendliest, ballsiest, most loving socialbutterfly in the bar. No bs - I had a table full of chicks siting with me BSing all night long . Buddies told me I coud have run for mayor and won that night. It was the most insanely good experience ever.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not to be a jerk here but whatever the heck mimicks the activity of ecstacy! Sadly, I am as anti-social as it gets and that crap made me the friendliest, ballsiest, most loving socialbutterfly in the bar. No bs - I had a table full of chicks siting with me BSing all night long . Buddies told me I coud have run for mayor and won that night. It was the most insanely good experience ever.
LOL- E messes with serotonin re-uptake- it basically makes it go bye-bye for a few hours, so your 5-HT(2a) receptors are bombarded with serotonin. Problem is, it is def. not something you can do all the time (nor do you want to). 5-HTP will increase serotonin levels to a pretty decent extent, which will result in a noticeable mood increase, especially in people who tend to be on the low side/are deficient in serotonin. I wouldn't take it every day- more like every third day, and you will notice a difference in pro-social behavior....

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL- E messes with serotonin re-uptake- it basically makes it go bye-bye for a few hours, so your 5-HT(2a) receptors are bombarded with serotonin. Problem is, it is def. not something you can do all the time (nor do you want to). 5-HTP will increase serotonin levels to a pretty decent extent, which will result in a noticeable mood increase, especially in people who tend to be on the low side/are deficient in serotonin. I wouldn't take it every day- more like every third day, and you will notice a difference in pro-social behavior....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rms80 again.

TulsaTalons

Awards
so u would try dosing 5-htp every third day? at what dose? also, what do u think of L theanine?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid man ;)

John33

Awards
I have a lot of experience in this area, not with the social anxiety, but with anxiety in general. When I was low-carbing, I had pretty strong reaction every time I would drop carbs too low. Here is what I have found to be effective.

Pharma GABA by Natural Factors (worked best for me).
Suntheanine by Natural Factors.
Relora by NOW.
Holy Basil Extract by NOW.
DOPA Mucuna by NOW.
ChocoLift by Source Naturals.
Rescue Remedy By Bach.
Melissa by Nature's Way.

I do not want to rate them because different people respond differently, but Pharma GABA was probably the best. All others worked too, but you need to try them to find out which works the best for you.

John33

Awards
I like 5-HTP myself... Bacopa also will work...
Yes, definitely 5-HTP, it works great for me. Bacopa works, but it is not as powerful as 5-HTP or Pharma GABA, at least for me.

John33

Awards
One more thing I forgot to mention: Abkit, Kira, St. John's Wort or Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort.

Potatobake

Awards
agmatine has been doing a good job with anxiety for me. haven't really noticed any since i've started using it.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
agmatine has been doing a good job with anxiety for me. haven't really noticed any since i've started using it.
Yes! I wasn't going to be bring it up since I have not heard much about it (outside of my own mind) and I didn't want to sound like I was just pushing a product. However, I have noticed that I am much more relaxed and have less anxiety while on Agmatine.

Glad to see I am not alone and nice post!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
superlift

superlift

Awards
I might buy this product to help fall asleep then! lol

I_Eat_Panda

Awards
I've done a lot of research into the subject, and the best I've found for me are L-Theanine and Kava Kava (the active compounds are Kavalactones).
Hope that helps!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) I have never tried 5-HTP because I assumed (incorrectly?) that this would lead to excessive relaxation/fatigue (like tryptohan) . Am I off here fellas?

2) Will this stuff mess with sleep (since normal amounts of 5-HTP are required for sleep)

3) What is the MOA of Picamilion? Serotonin-based too?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be sure to research this stuff. I heard the withdrawel is NO JOKE (for some).

I might buy this product to help fall asleep then! lol

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2nd or 3rd seems to work best- you will notice when you dose too much, because you start feeling really blah.....

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pica
Phenibut

Are my favorites, ESP 1gram of phenibutXT :)

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes! I wasn't going to be bring it up since I have not heard much about it (outside of my own mind) and I didn't want to sound like I was just pushing a product. However, I have noticed that I am much more relaxed and have less anxiety while on Agmatine.Glad to see I am not alone and nice post!
Agmatine .. Hmhhh well it's hard for me to tell bc I'm also taking phenibut .. But I wouldn't be surprised if Agmatine is helping me out as well bc I only dose phenibut m w f sat .. And Agmatine everyday, didn't notice very interesting :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I find no social use in phenibut, it just puts me to sleep! then again i ONLY take it for sleep aid

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5-HTP made a HUGE difference in anxiety for me. 50mg at night works perfect and no side effects. Missing a few nights a week does not seem to make a difference. Picamilon-150 and phenibut work good too.

John33

Awards
Be sure to research this stuff. I heard the withdrawel is NO JOKE (for some).
True, I have experienced pretty unpleasant withdrawal effects from it and I would not recommend using it.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True, I have experienced pretty unpleasant withdrawal effects from it and I would not recommend using it.
with anything.....moderation.

John33

Awards
1) I have never tried 5-HTP because I assumed (incorrectly?) that this would lead to excessive relaxation/fatigue (like tryptohan).
If you dose it correctly (follow the instructions on the bottle), it should not lead to excessive relaxation or fatigue.

Will this stuff mess with sleep (since normal amounts of 5-HTP are required for sleep)
It should not.

What is the MOA of Picamilion? Serotonin-based too?
Not sure, but I did not find Picamilon to be effective for anxiety.

John33

Awards
with anything.....moderation.
There is even a warning on a bottle about this. It says not to use it for more than 4 consecutive days. I did not and I dosed it correctly, but I got the withdrawal. Different people react differently, but I have heard a lot of people complain about this side effect.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is even a warning on a bottle about this. It says not to use it for more than 4 consecutive days. I did not and I dosed it correctly, but I got the withdrawal. Different people react differently, but I have heard a lot of people complain about this side effect.
with everything you do there is always a perceived risk. If I intake too much caffeine I could have caffeine withdrawal. Just like this many people vary. Some people are very sensitive to caffeine, some aren't like myself. Tons of people love 1-3 dimeth, I on the other hand cannot take it. It causes restlessness and makes my head feel like a pin. It might not be for everyone, just something you gotta try out for yourself. Thanks for the feedback.

John33

Awards
with everything you do there is always a perceived risk. If I intake too much caffeine I could have caffeine withdrawal. Just like this many people vary. Some people are very sensitive to caffeine, some aren't like myself. Tons of people love 1-3 dimeth, I on the other hand cannot take it. It causes restlessness and makes my head feel like a pin. It might not be for everyone, just something you gotta try out for yourself. Thanks for the feedback.
I agree. Without actually trying the product, there is no way to tell how you will react to it.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Yes! I wasn't going to be bring it up since I have not heard much about it (outside of my own mind) and I didn't want to sound like I was just pushing a product. However, I have noticed that I am much more relaxed and have less anxiety while on Agmatine.

Glad to see I am not alone and nice post!

I notice A LOT less anxiety a few hrs after taking 2-3 caps of agmatine,so I agree.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I just got an ultrasound kit from lgmedsupply also. I'll tell you if it helps with my forearm tendonitis