Adrenal Fatigue will stopping stims suffice or do i need a product.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Will stopping all stims entirely help reduce Adrenal Fatigue or do i need to purchase a product for which to cleanse my glands. I guess before you decide for me i should give you some background info on me and my symptoms.

Dating back to winter of last year its been non stop training, baseball, work, studying and trying to keep up with everything else around me to say the least it was a stressful environment and to top it off i developed tendonitis in my tricep in Febuary, my normal pick me up was either a NOS or a Monster both pretty high in caffeine id say i routinely brought in the average 300mg of caffeine a day on most days. Starting in April i starting taking fat burners with caffeine coupled with an increase in energy drinks and kept that path for the past couple months. I haven't used preworkouts much but when i do i take Jack3d, so more recently ive really started to develop the signs of adrenal fatigue or so i feel, i have erratic sleep patterns sometimes i sleep great but usually i wake 2-3 hours after going to bed and have a bit of trouble falling asleep again sometimes if its bad i'll pop a couple grams of melatonin but not regularley. Normally i had to wake at 6am for work and usually i was pretty ready to go, but recently since i stopped working every time i wake im still exhausted.

To list the symptoms that match with what ive read online are below,
-Fatigue,Lethary (lack of energy in mornings)
-Lightheadedness
-Nausea
-Decreased Sex Drive
-Unexplained pain in neck

Now i don't currently take a multivitamin, as of today all im taking is Protein, BCAAs, Fish Oil, Super Cissus RX and finishing off my two bottles of Natadrol should i invest in a product like Revamp or just cut the stims and hope for a rebound.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stopping all stims is the essential part. The reset products are just supposed to speed it up.

Also essential is SLEEP

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get an adrenal stress index (ASI) test. They are one of the cheaper tests you can do at home. You deposit saliva four times per day at specific times and they run DHEA and cortisol levels. You will get a much more accurate account of where you are at the moment and you will be able to work out where to go from there.

For example, you may have a higher than normal cortisol reading at the beginning of the day and lower cortisol levels at the end. You may have inverse cortisol patterns where they raise at night and are low in the morning (could be characteristic of shift workers etc) or lower than normal levels throughout the day.

You would treat each one differently hence the need for testing. Some things manifest as adrenal fatigue but actually aren't, lethargy comes in many forms.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stopping all stims is the essential part. The reset products are just supposed to speed it up.

Also essential is SLEEP
Yes, and another essential is time. Reversing the effects of prolonged stimulant use takes time. The body will not just bounce back after a few days of discontinued use. Give your self at least a few months.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
B-5 is crucial for your adrenal gland, take that on top of a B-Complex. L-Tyrosine and B-12 are also helpful when coming off stims.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The basics:

Conclusion
Stress is an unavoidable fact of everyday life
and is associated with significant morbidity and even
mortality. In addition to generalized anxiety and sleep
disorders, it can result in significant physiological problems,
including cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and
immunological.
In addition to lifestyle considerations – good diet,
exercise, meditation, etc. – a number of nutrients and botanicals
can provide support for stress-related conditions. Such
support requires a five-pronged approach: (1) support for the
adrenals with adaptogenic botanicals, (2) use of nutrients to
normalize cortisol levels, (3) prescription of anxiolytic herbs to
handle sleep disorders and the symptoms of acute anxiety, (4)
balance neurotransmitters with amino acid precursors, and
(5) provide necessary nutrient cofactors.

Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):114-40.

Nutrients and botanicals for treatment of stress: adrenal fatigue, neurotransmitter imbalance, anxiety, and restless sleep.

Head KA, Kelly GS.

Source

National College of Naturopathic Medicine. [email protected]

Abstract

Research shows a dramatic increase in use of the medical system during times of stress, such as job insecurity. Stress is a factor in many illnesses - from headaches to heart disease, and immune deficiencies to digestive problems. A substantial contributor to stress-induced decline in health appears to be an increased production of stress hormones and subsequent decreased immune function. Non-pharmaceutical approaches have much to offer such patients. This article focuses on the use of nutrients and botanicals to support the adrenals, balance neurotransmitters, treat acute anxiety, and support restful sleep.

PMID: 19594222 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I guess i'll grab a multi i feel great today had a ton of energy, im pretty sure if it even is adrenal fatigue its very minor. But i realize quiting caffeine is probally in my best interest unless i absolutely need it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I had severe adrenal fatigue, I ran reset AD at 3 caps a day for months. I also had to talk several naps a day, even just 15 min naps. I was in college though, so it was real easy... go to class, come back, sleep for 30 mins, go to another class, etc. the easy life haha. I also had to use a lot of tylenol and motrin to overcome the headaches from caffeine addiction and even more rest when that happened. I def had an attitude problem at the time.. never in a good mood.

Mike

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established