BCAAs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. BCAAs


    who take them? notice better results? I'm trying to increase protein synthesis and want to know if I can get what the pills have to offer through easy nutrition...


  2. I pop powerchews usually pwo, and often in between meals when a little sweet tooth urge arises
    •   
       


  3. 8:1:1 ratio if you want to activate mTOR to the max. mTOR = protein synthesis
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  4. I take none, waste of frikken money. If you consume protein shakes they have BCAA's in them, and between that and food it should be all you need. I dont even waste my money on this crap anymore

  5. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster
    8:1:1 ratio if you want to activate mTOR to the max. mTOR = protein synthesis
    This! +1
    •   
       


  6. Why is the 8:1:1 ratio better then a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1? I thought there needed to be a balance between the three bcaas?

  7. Bcaa's are Godsend for musclegrowth. 5 grams equal about 20 grams protein ONLY you only have the aminos that stimulate muscle growth and takes the other aminos out-which add more calories.

    I take them and have noticed nice results since I first started taking them. There is a lot of science behind them. My favorite is recoverpro- amazing taste and low price best bang for the buck on the BCAA market- my fav flavor is probably lemon

    check it out http://store.anabolicminds.com/produ...-servings.html
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

  8. Can you explain why a 4:1:1 is better then the 2:1:1? I never got the differences lol.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Can you explain why a 4:1:1 is better then the 2:1:1? I never got the differences lol.
    I dont know. Now that luecine is the popular bcaa since about 2007- thats probally why. All I know it works and tastes fantasicand thats what matters to me
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I take none, waste of frikken money. If you consume protein shakes they have BCAA's in them, and between that and food it should be all you need. I dont even waste my money on this crap anymore
    This. I've taken several on varying diets (low carb, maintenance, lean bulk, etc.) and also followed the same diet/workout without taking BCAAs and they haven't made the slightest bit of difference in helping me reach my goals.

  11. More Leucine=Opening mTOR=More protein synthesis. You probably wont see over night results, heck I know you wont. But over time BCAA;s will help muscle growth, metabolism, and much more. Should be a staple in my opinion.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Why is the 8:1:1 ratio better then a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1? I thought there needed to be a balance between the three bcaas?
    Leucine is the star for protein synthesis, but the others are required to be present for all of leucines effects to take place.

    You cant take just leucine and get full benefits from it. The others need to be present at least at saturation levels. Some people might be getting enough from diet, but there is no way to really know.

    So its best just to roll with 8:1:1. It is what you want if you want muscle. 2:1:1 and 4:1:1 are good for anti-catabolic purposes IMO
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  13. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Leucine is the star for protein synthesis, but the others are required to be present for all of leucines effects to take place.

    You cant take just leucine and get full benefits from it. The others need to be present at least at saturation levels. Some people might be getting enough from diet, but there is no way to really know.

    So its best just to roll with 8:1:1. It is what you want if you want muscle. 2:1:1 and 4:1:1 are good for anti-catabolic purposes IMO
    Thank you for ending the reign of broscience lol. Although I'm gonna have to lean towards a lower ratio for fasted individuals. Leucine alone is perfectly fine for the majority of individuals here, who have a high meal frequency. For low meal frequency or fasting, 2:1:1 or 4:1:1.

    The key is simply 0.045gleu/kg bw 2 hours or more postprandially.

  14. For every two molecules of leucine metabolized, a molecule each of isoleucine and valine is required. This is why the original ratio has always been 2:1:1. If you take leucine alone you can deplete concentrations of the other two BCAA from the amino acid pool.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!

  15. hmm, thanks guys. I guess since im bulking and eating 4-5 meals a day ill just go with a 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 product

  16. best 4:1:1 product?

  17. recoverypro for 4:1:1, usp modernbcaa for 8:1:1

  18. I use them and find them effective, particularly in a caloric deficit.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  19. I've tried all different ratio's.. I 've never noticed a difference so I stick with xtend.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  20. Well i guess ill give 8:1:1 a run, then 4:1:1 since im a long time xtend user.

  21. I like using RecoverPRO(4:1:1) during the day and post workout. I'll use Formula-X(8:1:1) pre-workout
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  22. I just use bulk. So much cheaper than the rest

  23. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I just use bulk. So much cheaper than the rest
    eh I hate the taste of bulk, I enjoy the lemonade RecoverPro, tastes awesome!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  24. I know some that skip protein shakes and just do BCAA and EAAs. However, if your aim is to ramp up mTOR activation and increase protein synthesis, you want BCAA and protein, whether it is a shake or increased protein-rich whole foods in your diet. One to essentially drive the process and the other to fuel it. It really depends on what your goals are, but I find BCAAs help cutting, bulking, or recomping.

  25. in for info

  26. I take extend , I lose fat build muscle good stuff

  27. BCAA powerchews are a great way to get in some BCAA in between meals. I use them every day along with xtend pre and post workout
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  28. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    eh I hate the taste of bulk, I enjoy the lemonade RecoverPro, tastes awesome!
    with with the ajipure bcaa's you can barely even taste them in water. That is what I usually stick too since they dissolve well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    hmm, thanks guys. I guess since im bulking and eating 4-5 meals a day ill just go with a 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 product
    8:1:1, go with Modern BCAA, I live by this stuff when I'm on a cut....mixability and taste are pretty decent as well

  30. Quote Originally Posted by gwulbrecht72 View Post
    8:1:1, go with Modern BCAA, I live by this stuff when I'm on a cut....mixability and taste are pretty decent as well
    Really? I hated the mixability and taste lol. Stuff wouldnt mix even when I left it overnight.

    Best BCAAs IMO are:

    -Core ABC
    -New Xtend
    -Dymatize Recoup
    -RecoverPro

    If you want to bump up the 2:1:1 ratios, just throw in 1 scoop of SNS Leucine (5g).
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bad BCAAs
    By ticco in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 06:00 AM
  2. Bad BCAAs?
    By ticco in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM
  3. Do I really need BCAAs?
    By xpin2winx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 10:59 PM
  4. When to take BCAAs?
    By IvyLeaguePump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
  5. BCAAs...when?
    By MentalTwitch in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Log in
Log in