Usplabs Oxy banned in Australia!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-oxyelite-110708.htm

I thought It was odd how the product has disappeared from stores and even online....

I guess the TGA got around to testing it.

8 July 2011

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is aware that some Australian consumers may have purchased the product OxyELITE Pro capsules over the internet or in retail stores. This product is marketed as having super thermogenic (weightloss) properties.

Analysis undertaken by the TGA Laboratories in Australia has confirmed the presence of therapeutic quantities of Yohimbine in these capsules. Consumers are advised that Yohimbine is a prescription-only substance in Australia; however it is not approved for supply in any registered medicine within Australia. Yohimbine is also a prohibited import under Customs legislation without appropriate permits. Yohimbine can pose serious health risks for people with underlying risk factors.

OxyELITE Pro capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA. In Australia, supply of OxyELITE Pro capsules is illegal.

If you have purchased OxyELITE Pro capsules you are advised to cease using them and discard any remaining product. If you have concerns arising from your use of this product, you should consult your health care practitioner.

Consumers are again advised to exercise extreme caution about purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased in this way may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia, and may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients.

Unsure if anyone posted this. :)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Since alpha-y and y have the same molecular weight, I am going to go with Australia did not like the similarity or they assumed they were the same

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since alpha-y and y have the same molecular weight, I am going to go with Australia did not like the similarity or they assumed they were the same
Took there time tho.

I assumed Usp Labs had a different version for the Australian market. Im surprised the TGA isn't taking legal action in regards to USP LABS or the distributor for importing and distributing an illegal substance.

It's up to the importers to know the law, so there would be no argument. Unless there is an Aussie version, and they tested a US version coming in?

Weird.

TGA are onto everything tho! Free testing for companies :p Haha