Currently best nutrition repartioner?

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Anabolic Pump in the past and liked it. The bottle is now empty and I am wondering if I should buy AP again or if there is something better now?

I am using it on my 2 carbs days every week, not just before workouts.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
need2slin is hands down the best repartioner i've used, and haven't really heard anyone that has had a bad experience with the product

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
word, I took anabolic pump religiously for years. Finally tried out n2slin and it's hands down the best I have used. I've tried AP like mentioned, bulk gymnema sylvestre, bulk NA-RALA, recompadrol, and slin sane. n2slin beats the pants off them all. It's also by far the most versatile out of any of them out right now. It's really more a fat burner/nutrient partitioner in one. It's got the goodies in there for optimal thyroid output and thermogenesis as well. You can also take it first thing AM before fasted cardio. I don't think I'd recommend doing that with most of the others.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fenuplex is the best I have ever tried and rate it much higher than Anabolic Pump. I love GDAs but the price of Need2Slin was too much for me to buy just to try out.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SlinSane at 4-6 caps a day! It's a great price too.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a great price at 6 per day!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Fenuplex is the best I have ever tried and rate it much higher than Anabolic Pump. I love GDAs but the price of Need2Slin was too much for me to buy just to try out.
when it comes back in stock hit up a sample pack at the ntbm store bro, and pick slin as one of em. You can feel it with just one dose if you dose it around a carb meal. Promise you won't be disappointed.

Or you could just use of the 15 percent off coupons and get a full bottle :)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are on AnaBeta, you wont notice much from an insulin mimetic product. T-bone can confirm as he tried taking both and so no additive effect

SlinSane at 4-6 caps a day! It's a great price too.
I believe AP is a better price mg per mg...it is the same prop blend just AP has more per mg in he blend so you cant dose it the same

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[HR][/HR]
someone else was worried about price of need2slin, i recommend you try it at 2 caps a day, this way a bottle lasts a full two months, and even at 1 cap twice a day, it still works better than most other products on the market, and he seems to think this is the best way to dose it after trying a few bottles

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't going to say AnaBeta in case it opened up the conversation on the MOA lol.

AnaBeta over anything I have ever used.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
someone on another forum was comparing blood glucose readings with a monitor for a number of them, and their results showed Glycobol as best. It's on a forum we can't link to here though ;)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What was Glycobol compared to?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
i loved Glycobol myself.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to have to hunt for it. I did a couple quick searches but couldn't find the one I'm thinking of

gwulbrecht72

Awards
I have been using Anabolic Pump in the past and liked it. The bottle is now empty and I am wondering if I should buy AP again or if there is something better now?

I am using it on my 2 carbs days every week, not just before workouts.

AP was a definite winner in my book, I've never been able to eat such a large amount of carbs fill out without that 'bloated' feeling...if it works for you, why fix what isn't broken?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly though, I've tried all the OTC nutrient partitioners, this is my current ranking:

1) Need2Slin
2) Recompadrol (though it gives me bad IBS)
3) Glycobol (mild IBS)
4) SlinSane
5) Na-R-ALA
6) Anabolic Pump
7) SlinShot
8) P-Slin
9) LG Slin

I really liked Need2Slin because of the Na-R-ALA which has NUMEROUS health benefits as well as being a very strong nutrient partitioner. It's worth it to take Na-R-ALA alone for general health IMO. The other unique aspect of Need2Slin is that it acts on the cAMP pathway which can help further reduce adipose tissue while shuttling nutrients to muscle. It really is comprehensive.

About the only other "unique" type of partitioner is Recompadrol with the HCA it can help block adipogenesis (fat building) if you're bulking and "spill over" in carbs/calories.

The rest are just variations on the same theme IMO.

Something to think about adding though is Gear, which basically helps increase the bioavailability of protein in your diet and turn on muscle protein synthesis / mTOR. If you take 1-2 caps Need2Slin 15-30 minutes before meals and 4-5 caps Gear with the meal, it'll make it an extremely anabolic meal! I've had VERY good results doing that.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Honestly though, I've tried all the OTC nutrient partitioners, this is my current ranking:

1) Need2Slin
3) Glycobol (mild IBS)
4) SlinSane
5) Na-R-ALA
6) Anabolic Pump
7) SlinShot
8) P-Slin
9) LG Slin

I really liked Need2Slin because of the Na-R-ALA which has NUMEROUS health benefits as well as being a very strong nutrient partitioner. It's worth it to take Na-R-ALA alone for general health IMO. The other unique aspect of Need2Slin is that it acts on the cAMP pathway which can help further reduce adipose tissue while shuttling nutrients to muscle. It really is comprehensive.

About the only other "unique" type of partitioner is Recompadrol with the HCA it can help block adipogenesis (fat building) if you're bulking and "spill over" in carbs/calories.

Something to think about adding though is Gear, which basically helps increase the bioavailability of protein in your diet and turn on muscle protein synthesis / mTOR. If you take 1-2 caps Need2Slin 15-30 minutes before meals and 4-5 caps Gear with the meal, it'll make it an extremely anabolic meal! I've had VERY good results doing that.
I would agree with the ranking here. I tried all of those you listed. I think Need2Slin was the most recent one I tried and it by far worked the best. Gear is the bomb too. I usually pop it between meals though.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive only ever tried Pslin and Anabolic Pump and ive never had a reason to switch things up. I might try Glycobol at some point and as crazy as it sounds, Indigo-3g..

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
If that blood glucose test you are talking about easy is the same one i am thinking of, i thought it showed n2slin as being the most effective? Maybe we are thinking of different ones...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that blood glucose test you are talking about easy is the same one i am thinking of, i thought it showed n2slin as being the most effective? Maybe we are thinking of different ones...
Could be, I can't remember for sure, and can't find it so far. I'll email the other AI Sports Nutrition reps and see if they have the link.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never used anything else, so I can't really do a personal comparison. But Need2slin has treated me very well. A daily staple now for a long time with me.;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's this "experiment"...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/168217-need-2-slin.html

NEED2SLIN - BLOOD SUGAR EXPERIMENT

INGREDIANTS:
1) 450mg gymnema sylvestre
2) 250mg Acetyl L-carnatine
3) 200mg NaR-ALA (NaR alpha lipoic acid)
4) 200mg L-norvaline
5) 90mg Coleus forskholi
6) 30mg synephrine HCI
7) 18mg Banaba leaf

Purpose:
What I expect from N2S is to create a larger than normal insulin release after intake of carbs and sugars. This insulin release is highly desired in bodybuilding b/c insulin helps shuttle nutrients and carbohydrates directly to the muscles for immediate repair. The reason it is advantageous to intake glucose (sugar) in what ever form you want after working out is because of the insulin response that follows. The reason insulin is released after drinking a sugary beverage is that this released works to lower your blood sugar levels and keep you within the normal range. Our body is constantly trying to maintain homeostasis, or internal equilibrium, hence the insulin spike.

insulin also "rapidly activates Protein synthesis by mRNA translation, the process through which the genetic code transcribed in the mRNA template is translated into Protein." This is fairly complicated so if you want to read more on this then Google it.

Experiment:
(Day 1) I will fast for a least 8 hours while I sleep and in the morning I will take my fasted blood sugar (one of 4 readings). I will then eat a wheat bagel (about 60 carbs) and drink about 9oz of Grape Juice (50 carbs/sugars) since both of these are fast acting carbohydrates. After I down I will take my blood sugar readings at 30 mins, 1 hr, and 1.5 hrs and record the results.

(Day 2) I will do the exact same thing as above but this time I will take N2Slin at a dosage of 3 capsules 35 minutes before eating the bagel then follow the protocol listed on Day 1.

(Day 3) I will do the exact same thing as above but this time I will take some supplements that should have a positive effect on my blood sugar profile about 35 minutes prior to eating the bagel and record the results as above. The supplements I will take are Chromium Picolinate (100mg), Gymnema (400mg), Alpha Lipoic Acid (200mg), & Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon); all of which are supposed to either promote increased insulin cell binding, increase natural production of insulin at the periphery level, or increase the secretion of insulin at the pancreas.

(Day 4) This was added after the Conclusion in the Addendum section.

Results:
In my research of supplements that have the BEST potential to lower blood sugar/raise insulin I came across a few supplements that I assumed would be most effective for these purposes. The supplements used on Day 3 of this experiment are the ones that looked the most promising (Chromium Picolinate, Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid [ALA], & Cinnamon). Two out of the 4 supplements I chose to use are in Need2Slin. The other ingredients in N2Slin are mentioned in some cases when and insulin response is desired but that is one of the reasons for this test, to determine if N2Slin is effective. From what I can tell Need2 has done a lot of research to put this product together and I am very interested in the results.

For this test I was able to borrow a blood monitor from my father who is diabetic (another reason for my interest in this product) and use it to test my blood glucose levels. These tests were conducted at the same time of the morning every day and I tried to be as symmetrical with everything I did every day for the most accurate results possible.

Day 1:
Fasting - 83 mg/dl
*now I down the bagel and grape juice
0.5 hr - 180 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 161 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 106 mg/dl

Note**About 30 minutes after ingesting the bagel and grape juice I got his overwhelming lethargic feeling as well as slightly blurred vision, and this lasted until my blood sugar dropped below 160. Injesting these two things may not do this to some people but I generally stay away from a lot of sugar so I was not used to this feeling at all but did recall on a couple occasions feeling this way.

Day 2:
Fasting - 87 mg/dl
*take Need2Slin 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
*down the bagel and grape juice
0.5 hr - 145 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 129 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 84 mg/dl

Note**I am very impressed with the results of N2Slin so far. I didn't get any of the symptoms from yesterday when ingesting the large quantity of carbs. I may duplicate the tests of Day 2 and see if I come up with the same results in a later post. Need2Slin has definitely increased the amount of insulin in response to the sugar level in my body. It will be interesting to see how the herbs and supps I will use tomorrow stack up.

Day 3:
Fasting - 86 mg/dl
*take chosen Supps 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
0.5 hr - 164 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 148 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 97 mg/dl

Note**Although I didn't have any of the same lethargy as on Day 1, I didn't feel as energetic as I did yesterday (Day 2) after taking the hand picked herbs and supplements.

Day 4:
See results of Day 4 after the Conclusion in the Addendum...

Conclusion:
Based on the results of Day 3, Need2Slin has proven itself to be even more effective than the hand picked supplements (chosen specifically for the purpose of increasing insulin response) that I thought might be more effective than Need2Slin based on the research I have done. Need2Slin is a very impressive supplement not only for the energetic feeling you get after a large meal with N2Slin, but in the fact that the blood results in this study were not even close!!

I would like to further note that this study was done solely out of my curiosity of the performance of this product as well as looking for a product that my father (Type 2 diabetic) can take to lower his blood sugar. I have no motive to advertise for Need2. I have used this product once before about a year ago where I noticed a better pump in the gym and a leaner look even on a high calorie diet. I wanted to put it to the test and see if it was worth spending the bucks for this product. Unlike other products where you simply have to 'believe' it's doing what it says, this type of supplement you can actually 'TEST' to see if it's doing what it's supposed to do!!

The 3 most anabolic compounds in the world of bodybuilding are AAS, GH, and insulin. If you can take a natural supplement like Need2Slin and increase the production of insulin within your own body then why take the risk of damaging your body by injecting insulin? Bodybuilders who understand how to use insulin properly can get away with this but for anyone that doesn't fully understand how to use it safely and is on the fence with whether they should use it or not, please start with a supplement like this that will not damage your body and will give you the effect you are looking for.

-----------------------------------------------------

Addendum:
Today I wanted to make sure that the results I got the first day I used N2Slin were not a fluke. I only did one test on it and it made me wonder if those results would be replicated if I tested again.

Day 4: (final test)
Fasting - 78 mg/dl
*take Need2Slin 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
0.5 hr - 139 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 125 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 83 mg/dl

Note**My blood sugar started out lower this morning than usual maybe due to a clean diet yesterday and taking a couple N2Slin before dinner last night... Based on the results from today I am confident that N2Slin is controlling my blood sugar by raising my insulin levels! It's almost scary how close the numbers were from the first test. If I had started the test with a fasting blood sugar of 87 today, I do feel that the numbers I got on the first day using N2S would be even closer.

Actual post from CGAR on the NTBM website is here: http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/forum/f2/need-2-slin-experiment-9015.html

Pretty good evidence (at least 1 data point) that even if you buy bulk powders, Need2Slin is superior.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's this "experiment"...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/168217-need-2-slin.html

Actual post from CGAR on the NTBM website is here: http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/forum/f2/need-2-slin-experiment-9015.html

Pretty good evidence (at least 1 data point) that even if you buy bulk powders, Need2Slin is superior.
I do recall that one, but I think there was another that a bunch of the commercial products were compared against each other. Where this thread compares Need2Slin against raw materials that some of are also a part of Need2Slin along with others.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I do recall that one, but I think there was another that a bunch of the commercial products were compared against each other. Where this thread compares Need2Slin against raw materials that some of are also a part of Need2Slin along with others.
Ive used need2slin multiple times but the last time out I tried slin sane for comparison. I went back to N2Slin. It worked much better for me. I run it 3 caps Ed. I'll be running anaBeta soon though so I look forward to seeing it's repartitioning effects. I've never tried the others. I don't really believe any of them are effective in a bulk however.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah I found it, I was misremembering. It wasn't a comparison, just raw results. From VaugnTrue

ok guys here are my blood results from today:

post pre-wo meal:
post workout(sipping on maximize): 115
20 minutes post Glycobol:

at the 30 minute mark I had already begun my MMA training
class, and I swear I felt those damn shakes again. I took a few quick swigs of
gatorade and felt better. I will get more precise numbers(30 minutes after
glycobol instead of 20) next week.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=326440333&postcount=33

Oh well, I have a glucose meter, but being a rep for AI Sports I'm sure my results would be taken with a grain of salt if I compared varied other products :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would pay attention. Glycobol looks to be a good formula and it wouldn't surprise me if it was strongest on a dose for dose basis. The other side is I could get two bottles of Glycobol for one bottle of Need2Slin give or take the equivalent of $5.

I think there is still a hole in the market for something sold as a GDA.

Glycobol looks great on paper but many complain of stomach upsets, Need2Slin is very expensive, PSlin and Anabolic Pump from USP are rare ingredients with a very hit or miss result, Slin Sane gets good reviews but people are very prone to taking way over the recommended dose to achieve that, Recompadrol has had some good reviews but isn't available in the UK so I haven't looked into it that much.

AnaBeta for us is the equivalent product but while it isn't sold as a GDA it will get looked at as a product from a seperate product genre, irrespective of it's potency in this category.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I would pay attention. Glycobol looks to be a good formula and it wouldn't surprise me if it was strongest on a dose for dose basis. The other side is I could get two bottles of Glycobol for one bottle of Need2Slin give or take the equivalent of $5.

Glycobol looks great on paper but many complain of stomach upsets, Need2Slin is very expensive, PSlin and Anabolic Pump from USP are rare ingredients with a very hit or miss result, Slin Sane gets good reviews but people are very prone to taking way over the recommended dose to achieve that, Recompadrol has had some good reviews but isn't available in the UK so I haven't looked into it that much.

AnaBeta for us is the equivalent product but while it isn't sold as a GDA it will get looked at as a product from a seperate product genre, irrespective of it's potency in this category.
recompadrol actually gave me the worst stomach issues of them all.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
recompadrol actually gave me the worst stomach issues of them all.
I never had real stomach issues on any i've tried, but with anabolic pump i'd have horribly loose stools. Glycobol they are a different color, but "normal" otherwise.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I have heard this from many.

Maybe a reformulated Glycobol without berberine would take the lead, assuming that is the sole reason for the famous green stools.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Nutraplanet.com......Glycobol $40, Need2Slin $45.....not a big difference in price

AIsportsnutrition.com, Glycobol $55, Needtobuildmuscle.com, Need2Slin $59, if you use the 15% off we always offer it comes to $50....not a big difference

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As you can see from my avatar and information, I am not from the US, otherwise that would be a valid point.

In England Need 2 Slin is £58.99 for 120 caps (around $97) and Glycobol is £29.99 for 120 caps.

I am sure Need 2 Slin is very good, I am not debating that in any way. My thought is that for me it is almost double the price of another well formulated product. If I was in the US or had access to it for cheaper I would buy it instead but in my current situation I struggle to see that it is twice as potent as Glycobol.

The other thing is that in threads where GDAs get debated I find it hard to trust a lot of the reviews on Need 2 Slin because there are so many N2BM reps and some who at one point did not have their name in their signature so it started making their reviews void to me by default.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
1. need2slin
2. recompadrol
3. glycobol
4. slin sane
5. slin shot

these are the ones Ive used in the past. Need2slin is more expensive but works well at 1-3 caps a day, so you put that into prespective it almost becomes the cheapest. Thank god its back in stock.....

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. need2slin
2. recompadrol
3. glycobol
4. slin sane
5. slin shot

these are the ones Ive used in the past. Need2slin is more expensive but works well at 1-3 caps a day, so you put that into prespective it almost becomes the cheapest. Thank god its back in stock.....
Out of interest what dosage did you run with each of these? Apart from Recompadrol all of them are available in the UK so these are what I have compared before except took Slin Shot out of the running because the blood glucose readings featured on another forum were not very impressive.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
well i try and not eat more than 35-45g carbs each meal, so it was:
N2slin- 1 cap, 3x a day
recompadrol-2 cap, 3x a day
glycobol 2 cap, 1x a day.....1 cap, 2x a day
forgot slin sane since it was so long ago
slin shot- 2 cap, 4x a day

If recompadrol had some na r-ala i really think it would be a better product.

If price wasnt an issue I would take 2 N2slin, 1 recompadrol, 1 glycobol with 70g complex carbs

AJay

Awards

1) Need2Slin
3) Glycobol (mild IBS)
4) SlinSane
5) Na-R-ALA
6) Anabolic Pump
7) SlinShot
8) P-Slin
9) LG Slin

Nice! What about a Need2Slin and Recompadrol stack?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! What about a Need2Slin and Recompadrol stack?
I have not tried that, but Outstanding on here does it and swears by it. I'll PM him to ask...

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Neovar works really well for this purpose it contains banaba and gymnemma- both of these compounds are very effective in terms of nutrient repartitioning

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never used any of these so I can't say. Although I check reviews and talk to people like any other person as I don't want to waste my money.

Need2Slin, Recompadrol, and Glycobol have the best reviews out of what I've read.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a great price at 6 per day!
Very true!

I believe AP is a better price mg per mg...it is the same prop blend just AP has more per mg in he blend so you cant dose it the same
I wish I could take AP, gave it 3 days and it didn't agree with me at all....

I feel there is definitely some room for a new Nutrition Repartioner.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Neovar works really well for this purpose it contains banaba and gymnemma- both of these compounds are very effective in terms of nutrient repartitioning
for whatever reason, I preferred original Neovar over the Recomped. was sad to see it disappear.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A blood glucose test tells us what?

It tells us one of two things :

1. The moa is just blocking CHO at the digestive level and your just excreting all those precious calories you have meticulously calculated into your diet.

2. It is upregulating GLUT4 in cells. Note, I did not specify fat or skeletal muscle cells. Meaning a low blood glucose reading could just mean you're storing a ****load of fat.

"GDA" and "nutrient partitioners " are weird names. If you have a supplement that is truly shuttling nutrients exclusively to skeletal muscle then I'd call it something else.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
A blood glucose test tells us what?

It tells us one of two things :

1. The moa is just blocking CHO at the digestive level and your just excreting all those precious calories you have meticulously calculated into your diet.

2. It is upregulating GLUT4 in cells. Note, I did not specify fat or skeletal muscle cells. Meaning a low blood glucose reading could just mean you're storing a ****load of fat.

"GDA" and "nutrient partitioners " are weird names. If you have a supplement that is truly shuttling nutrients exclusively to skeletal muscle then I'd call it something else.
right, agreed. The two terms seem to kind of get heaped into the same category. GDA for those that don't know what that stands for is glucose disposal agent. Primarily of use to diabetics. And to me if a product was called that I would think of it in completely different terms than I would a NUTRIENT partitioner, since there are many more nutrients than just glucose aka carbs.

AP is the only one that has the tannis exctract isn't it? Interesting fact, blueberries also have a small amount of tannis in them :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

biopole

Awards
what was the change between neovar and recomped? has anyone just used straight na-r-ala?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
what was the change between neovar and recomped? has anyone just used straight na-r-ala?
Yes, I have. Though I stopped using anything containing it for the time being as it interferes with thyroid meds. IMO it stacks great with n2slin. Outstanding is pretty big on stacking the two together and gave me some great advice the dosages.

biopole

Awards
it would be nice to just have a simple one ingredient profile.

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards
Yes, I have. Though I stopped using anything containing it for the time being as it interferes with thyroid meds. IMO it stacks great with n2slin. Outstanding is pretty big on stacking the two together and gave me some great advice the dosages.
Can you please expand on the interference with thyroid med comment? Thanks!