question and concerns.. anyone ginseng users out there?

V

vishnu10003

Awards
Hey guys, I have been taking ginseng to help heal a nerve injury and it seems to be working. My concern is that I have read all over the internet that it is very estrogenic. This freaks me out. It is odd though, it is always used to *raise* libido?

Can anyone please offer some insight into this? Thanks so much.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
estrogen is needed for a healthy libido. Sorry not going to be able to help you more with the ginseng info.

Dead Shark

Dead Shark

Awards
I use a 25x gensing extract that I get from a reputable online supplier - it's like an amphetamine and very diuretic (I don't understand why there aren't more gensing users on this board but it doesn't seem very popular here). Haven't noticed any estrogenic effects but then I've been on Erase on and off for the past 6 months.

V

vishnu10003

Awards
thanks for the feedback guys. Any other ginseng users out there?

MetaBeta

MetaBeta

Awards
I've been using Ginsana (standardized Ginseng) for a number of years, 5days on 2 days off. I can't deal with coffee any more so ginsana does the trick....it normalizes me. No negative sides in the libido dept or in any department for that matter, it feels rather transparent which is what I like and plays well with other nutrients. I'm also getting up there in age so the Ginsana is a godsend.

V

vishnu10003

Awards
american or korean ginseng? btw thanks for the response.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would not worry about any estrogenic sides from ginseng. All the research ive done, its nothing to worry about. I would be more worried becoming dependant like any stim.

Korean ginseng is awesome