Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Listening to SHR right now and they have these on....anyone try these? Whats the taste?

This is my biggest problem...I LOVE pasta (Eat Raman noodles a lot) but its horrible for you...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Pretty much tasteless, but if you have the right spices and sauces, it can be great.

A suitable replacement for ramen noodles. Try pouring the ramen noodles flavoring packet onto the miracle noodles.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will try this...thanks.

vkos

Awards
Yeah I have tried shirataki noodles (or miracle) too and as mrcooper said they are definitely most suitable as a replacement for ramen or rice noodles. great in stir frys as they get some of the flavour and pretty good in soups as well. They're no replacement for pasta alone (I love pasta) but i found if you use them half and half with pasta in a recipe they can be pretty good that way as well to cut the carbs and calories of the dish.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like the other guys say, it's tasteless (gotta rinse it first, they come out of the bag smelling like bad fish), so it depends on the sauces/spices you use. I like it with a Thai Peanut sauce and chicken, egg and peanut mixed in, tastes like a thai dish without all the carbs. Good for asian dishes IMO.

I don't think Miracle Noodles are a good substitute for wheat based pasta like linguini or spaghetti though, completely wrong texture.

You can get them 25% off at Amazon right now with Subscribe and Save and a coupon code on the product page, pretty good deal at <$2 a bag (4oz serving).