HCG Question/Help - AnabolicMinds.com

HCG Question/Help

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

HCG Question/Help

Hi, I'm interested in taking HCG for weight loss help. I recently had 2 knee surgeries and face a long long road to recovery. As a result I am realizing that I am gaining weight due to being fairly sedentary coupled with muscular atrophy in my leg. I want to lose about 15lbs and was wondering if HCG is too extreme. Maybe instead of doing a full month I could do a shorter time? I know the results are sometimes huge and I don't need to lose 30+ lbs like some who take it.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

HCG is not to extreme, just pointless.
  3. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The factor on the HCG diet is the 500kcal/day limit they put you on, . Any one should lose with that. Is this the oral liquid stuff you are talking about, or the injectables?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

HCG protocol scam alert!

It's not the HCG. It does nothing. It's the below 500 calorie diet they put you on.

If you feel the HCG works, then try it without the 500 calorie diet restriction and you will quickly see the only weight you will lose is in your wallet.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    HCG protocol scam alert!

It's not the HCG. It does nothing. It's the below 500 calorie diet they put you on.

If you feel the HCG works, then try it without the 500 calorie diet restriction and you will quickly see the only weight you will lose is in your wallet.
    Ehhh....agree and disagree.

I've made similar posts to this on numerous occasions, so I don't want to waste too much time, but the short(ish) version is this:

hCG and weight (more importantly, FAT) loss is an area that needs significantly more research, but I feel fairly certain would show positive results. My own personal theories are that it puts one in a state of or similar to ketosis where the body is relying on fat stores for energy. The 500 calories (other users have ranged them up to 800 calories/day and/or added in weekly cheat meals) provides enough energy while the body mainly relies on the fat stores for the bulk of it. Talk to someone who has eaten 500 calories per day and then to someone who has done the same, but while injecting 250iu hCG/day and you'll hear the hCG user say that they don't feel tired or even hungry aside from the mental battle of wanting to eat mostly because you know you can't.

I personally hit a PR on deadlifts 9 days in on the hCG diet, so it's not like I was suffering a lack of strength. The hardest thing to deal with is watching your glycogen stores deplete rapidly and seeing how flat you look and how much smaller your muscles appear; though you just have to tell yourself it's temporary.

Now would I recommend this as an ideal way to cut fat? Not at all. Proper diet and exercise hands down take the cake. However, for someone that has tried everything else and can't make it work OR, in rare cases, for someone who is dedicated enough to bodybuilding, I'd honestly see no problem in using the hCG protocol for a short cut after a bulk, thus allowing users to dirty bulk over clean bulk more often and then use a short hCG diet to cut off the necessary fat pounds.

I'd recommend running an anabolic along with the hCG to ensure that one doesn't lose muscle; If you want to run gear, you could do that, or a PH, but I think OSTA would be strong enough, too.

I could talk about this for days.

But now to address the OP's question -- I would not advise it. I say this for a few reasons. Namely because the rebound effect is far too easy from this and when the weight comes off quickly, it's all that much easier for it to be put back on. And if you're sedentary, you just need to adjust your normal calorie consumption to reflect that. The hCG diet isn't the fix; lowering your calories and eating less as you're not exercising as much is the trick.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hcg, lol what a joke.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

you can say it's a joke all you want, but there's a lot of documented success with this. unlike a great deal of the supplements other people take
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    you can say it's a joke all you want, but there's a lot of documented success with this. unlike a great deal of the supplements other people take
    But the proper way to utilize hcg is with 500kcal a day. Isn't someone going to loose weight regardless with 500kcal?

Mike
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

yes, I completely agree that at 500 cal a day you will lose weight. but HCG has been shown to release fat stores much more than a calorie restricted diet. as in less muscle wasting and more fat loss. I'm just saying there is a actual scientific publications based on the effects, as opposed to designer steroids/ prohormones that are created to find loopholes (though I'll admit I've used primordial performance tbol and it worked amazingly)
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    yes, I completely agree that at 500 cal a day you will lose weight. but HCG has been shown to release fat stores much more than a calorie restricted diet. as in less muscle wasting and more fat loss.
    This.

I've seen guys do this with diets that are slightly restructured at like 800cals/day and cheat days added in weekly, etc. and they've done well, too. I don't think it's been researched nearly heavily enough, but I'd theorize that in a keto diet even at significantly higher calories than 500/day that there would be released fat stores and more rapid fat loss (just my own personal theory). If someone was really worried about muscle loss, they could always run anabolics along with the hCG to help ensure that muscle was being preserved. There are too many things that just seem to go right with the hCG diet for it to be pure coincidence. Normally if one were to eat 500 cals in a day, they'd feel like trash, not to mention not be able to workout in that time, either. At 9 days in, it just seems odd to me that I felt as good as ever and was able to PR on deadlifts (for reps).

I think a lot more research should be done on hCG so that we can better understand it, but I think it definitely has potential to be used for optimal fat loss for those who are significantly overweight or need to cut a decent amount of weight quickly in a short amount of time (e.g. wrestlers).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

that was my point, you summed it up great. there is too much coincidence and people aren't complaining about feeling like crap and having sever cravings on this stuff. It'd be great in a country of obesity if they put some serious research into this. It's not an instant fix or magic pill but it has the potential to be a helpful supplement
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements