Do you think preworkout sups are eorth it?

Pika

Awards
Hi guys, i have only usex 3 preworks outs sups since workout out ,
no xplode, jacked, abd sone lil ****y one! Lol

The 1 that i think gave me tge best pumps was jacked but i only had it for aweek and used 1 scoop, i only felt sonthink around 4 scopps i had to go up higher everyday! Lol so i gave it away now i hace had my eye on super pump but i want to know if you guys think they are worth it?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, a product containing effective amounts of creatine, nitrates, stims, nootropics, and other performance enhancing ingredients is well worth it. Especially when it tastes good, and is $35 for 50 huge servings.

​SAN Fierce

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I like pre-workouts.. I just make sure to find affordable ones with good balances instead of the heavily marketed ones...

Maniac (AI) and FocusXT (SNS) are both good AND affordable...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i had to also take 4 scoops of jack3d to feel anything. they are def worth if u can continue to have a decent workout without them and u dont become reliable/dependent on them.

depending on what kind of pre workout you like: Mesomorph, Lit Up, Launch, (Fierce looks good, have not tried yet). Those three are my favorite. you can get samples of many different ones through reps on here.

again, as long as your workouts dont become dependent, i think they can be beneficial. especially a non stim pre workout like Drive + Creatine Nitrate + BCAAs

Pika

Awards
Thanks guys yh jacked was good but in a weird feeling kinda way lol

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
They can be beneficial,. as someone said earlier, you just can't get hooked on them so to speak,.. and as a self confirmed stim junkie,... it's hard to stay away at times.
But for real, I would cycle them, so as to not destroy your adrenals and liver.

appleyard777

Awards
I think they deffinately have there place especially when you need that extra kick. Make sure and take breaks from stims i got to the point i could take about any preworkout and fall asleep.

Pika

Awards
That sounds good ok so cycle them? What if i get umm super pump 250 and use it till the tub goes then take amouth off?

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
That works. I cycle everything and actually take many "supplement breaks" where I don't take any supplements for periods of times (well, I still drink protein shakes, fish oil, and multivitamin). I've always found I "respond" much better to supplements after a break from them.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
the fact that i havent cycled off PWO in so long has me kind of nervous (especially since i dont know what 90% of the stuff in most of them is).... so after i finish my supercharge xtreme, im gonna take a break for a few weeks and then just order some bulk BCAA's and caffeine powder, mix them up and drink pre/intra just for a little peace of mind for a while... then i guess ill hop back on some proprietary blends. thinking the new white flood, noshotgun v3 or superpump max (none of which ive tried yet)

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
no dont do that... cycle off ALL stims for a few weeks... so skip the caffeine for a few weeks.. its the stims you really should cycle off of, not the prewo per say.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
no dont do that... cycle off ALL stims for a few weeks... so skip the caffeine for a few weeks.. its the stims you really should cycle off of, not the prewo per say.
Agreed. It's just the vast majority of pre-workouts are loaded with stims. Just hit the BCAA's. You're having some type of mental block if you can't go a month of training without hitting the stims.

Pika

Awards
So what yu guys think? Try 250 then take a month off ?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
if you already have the sp250 then go for it! dont let anyone tell you sp250 sux or anything either.. I have never tried it but I know the pre's I like are different from the ones someone else likes, etc. etc.. etc... just go with what works for you.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
no, i meant was going to cycle off completely for a month after the super charge. then, after 4 weeks or so, i was going to start the caffeine/bcaa combo to stay off the 'other stuff' that comes in PWO's for an even further extended period of time and THEN i was going to get back onto regular PWO (basically, i have like the next 6 months planned out haha).

btw - i found caffeine powder on bb.com for like $7 and some flavored bcaa on nutraplanet for like $12.... anyone know a site that carries BOTH for cheap? nutraplanet only has caffeine pills and i want powder, and bb.com only has unflavored bcaa for reasonable prices and i want flavored (so i dont have to mix them with juice, thus having to spend more money on juice every week/not having any if im in a hurry/adding more simple sugar to my diet)

arcanemyth

Awards
Hi guys, i have only usex 3 preworks outs sups since workout out , no xplode, jacked, abd sone lil ****y one! LolThe 1 that i think gave me tge best pumps was jacked but i only had it for aweek and used 1 scoop, i only felt sonthink around 4 scopps i had to go up higher everyday! Lol so i gave it away now i hace had my eye on super pump but i want to know if you guys think they are worth it?
From what I have been told is that L-Arginine creates a by-product and the build up of it causes one to not feel the effects of the pre-workout sup. Citrulline helps aid one in clearing the by-product rendering the pre-workout more effective without the need to keep uping the dosage. I run a supplement shop so I try all kinds of diff products and the ones containing greater amounts of Citrulline do seem to be more consistent.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
jackd and no explode are junk. Have you ever tried N2KTS?? they are all not the same, jackd and no explode are just over advertised poor products

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
in the overall scope of things if you are using a pre wo instead of say a quality multi due to money constraints then no they are not worth it

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they aren't needed, but it's an added bonus.

really all you need is amino's, carbs, caffiene, the rest probably doesn't significantly enhance performance.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
time on = time off

so if u take superpump 250 for four weeks, take 4 weeks off from ALL stims including coffee and drink plenty of water as always. now this does not mean u have to stop taking pre workouts while on your stim break. you can take non stim pre workouts to make up for it. but again, i always prefer to take supplement breaks as a whole other than protein. even creatine i cycle, which many do not which is okay.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That sounds good ok so cycle them? What if i get umm super pump 250 and use it till the tub goes then take amouth off?
I can promise you SAN Fierce will obliterate SP250 in EVERY way: strength, endurance, energy, pumps, taste, cost, whatever standard you choose, Fierce is infinitely better. Simply no comparison, and few preworkouts on the market are it's equal..

Don't waste you money on junk. Buy Fierce instead.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
they aren't needed, but it's an added bonus.

really all you need is amino's, carbs, caffiene, the rest probably doesn't significantly enhance performance.
Wut? Amino's, carbs, and caffeine DO NOT trump creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, and any number of other ingredients most pre's contain.

Pre's are one of my favorite supplements: they set the stage for more productive workouts. I'm a busy guy, and sometimes a tired guy, and anything that helps me get the most work in the least time is awesome. I can get aminos and vitamins from food, but creatine, beta alanine, etc are in my pre.

Pika

Awards
Wow alot of veiws in the prework out hit!

Jacked and no xplode is junk? Haa they are addvert alot no xplode just made me feel um kinda shaky and gave me a huge crash after to wear i felt life was no good! Lol ha no but the crash was dirt bro .

I guess you guys are right i will add a prework out to my regeen but not going to go crazy all tge sups i use is pro abd creatine also mutivits and fish oil .... I onky take 1 scoop of whey in the morning and 1 scoop of it after workout it last me for like 2 months :)

Pika

Awards
I might be reaky wrong here but all i heard that stims do is make you feel like you got hot ants lol

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Some are good. Many are not.

I've had great experiences with USPLabs Jack3d, SNS FocusXT, and Controlled Labs White Flood.
I tried Applied Nutriceuticals Lit Up, MHP NO-Bomb, AISports Maniac and wasn't impressed.

Its good that we mentioned cycling here. When you cycle off something, cycle off everything. For like 4 weeks at least.

I wanna throw out the idea of AI Sports Motivate... that stuff's great. Coffee is a good pre-workout too.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
jackd and no explode are junk. Have you ever tried N2KTS?? they are all not the same, jackd and no explode are just over advertised poor products
You do realize how close N2KTS is to Jack3d?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
just remember everyone is posting their OPINION about this.... what works for you might be different from what works for someone else so take everyone's post here lightly.

my goto Pre if mentioned would immediately get responses of how bad it sux... but well it works great for me!

you can get samples of most of them and then just buy the one that worked best for you.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Just Take omega sports ultima.. Then get back on the stims....

Ageforce

Awards
You may want to take a look at our AgeForce Pre & Post Workout transdermal patch. First, it delvers the pre-workout Nitric Oxide boosting formula directly in to your bloodstream, beginning in seconds after you first apply the patch and continuing for about 4-hours. Then a second delayed time release function delvers a post workout recovery formula about 4-hours after you first apply the patch. The Nitric Oxide ramp-up is incredible and there is no comparing our NO patch to any other oral boosters.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Just Take omega sports ultima.. Then get back on the stims....
Ultima is a good pre while you are off the stims... works well. little pricey is all.

Pika

Awards
Well yh but i think its good that they are giving op i mean i also wanted to know what or how many realy use um ::)

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Yes, a product containing effective amounts of creatine, nitrates, stims, nootropics, and other performance enhancing ingredients is well worth it. Especially when it tastes good, and is $35 for 50 huge servings.

​SAN Fierce

Just a quick question reguarding price...you say here it is $35, which is what i roughly thought it sells for, but when i go to the SAN website, it says $60. Is there any reason for this?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just a quick question reguarding price...you say here it is $35, which is what i roughly thought it sells for, but when i go to the SAN website, it says $60. Is there any reason for this?
Most supp companies do this. Search google, or try any supp vendor, it's $33-$37 online. Dr Feel Good is 'on sale' for $30 on the SAN site, though. :)

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Most supp companies do this. Search google, or try any supp vendor, it's $33-$37 online. Dr Feel Good is 'on sale' for $30 on the SAN site, though. :)
Thanks man, do you know any place that is selling cherry? i can only find orange.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, there is at least one place selling it. Hit up nutra, no way they shouldn't be carrying it!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully nutra have it in stock soon, I even threw in a request just to make sure.

Thanks for your help.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wut? Amino's, carbs, and caffeine DO NOT trump creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, and any number of other ingredients most pre's contain.

Pre's are one of my favorite supplements: they set the stage for more productive workouts. I'm a busy guy, and sometimes a tired guy, and anything that helps me get the most work in the least time is awesome. I can get aminos and vitamins from food, but creatine, beta alanine, etc are in my pre.
you got me there, i forgot creatine, but the rest, enhance performance for athletes on an elite level to notice a difference, where .2 & .3 of a second means the difference between win or loose.

but for the rest of us, no it isn't doing much.

but if in your mind you believe it is, and that gets you through your workout harder, and feel better mentally, then keep on keeping on.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, if something, like citrulline, increases time to exhaustion significantly, and reduces doms by 40%, then even as a non-comprtitive athlete it will be helpful. I like stuff like this because I am a busy guy, and it enables me to do more, harder work in less time. That's priceless, but fortunately a tub of fierce or citrulline is $20-40. :D

biopole

Awards
Look for the ones with the most basic formulas that are straight to the point and include the right amount of the advertised ingredient to be productive, usually the prop blends ones are under dosed and include way too much caffiene to double dose it. If you are also new to stimulants you should stay away from anything with geranium in it as you should not need it. Cheap way, two cups of good ole high antioxidant black coffee.

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
i think pre workouts are worth it if you are able to maintain intensity in the gym without them. (u dont get hooked on them)

gwulbrecht72

Awards
I think they're worth it for sure....I can have a good workout all day long when I'm bulking/maintaining, but when I'm cutting, I definitely like a preworkout to give me that extra pop of energy...people hate on it a lot, but I've always had a good experience with Jack3d, one of my overall favorites

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some people love jack3d, others dont. i know i have to take about 4 scoops to notice anything at all.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I think they designed it to be aggressively tolerant so you'll buy more.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think they are more than worth it. So much worth it that if I could only buy one supplement outside of the normal vitamins/fish oil it will always be a preworkout. (stim or not)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, if something, like citrulline, increases time to exhaustion significantly, and reduces doms by 40%, then even as a non-comprtitive athlete it will be helpful. I like stuff like this because I am a busy guy, and it enables me to do more, harder work in less time. That's priceless, but fortunately a tub of fierce or citrulline is $20-40. :D
those numbers mean nothing, I dont know about anyone else, but I would have to see the actual data and the means by which those percentages were calculated.
It is very easy to skew what the actual data is showing in order to make a product look more appealing. too many financial intrest for me to just take some numbers quoted in a study.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Depends. There's a lot of underdosed crap out there.

If you stick to respectable companies I think they're worth it. A lot of guys have a full schedule on their plate and sometimes the gym is the last place you want to be after just having your ass handed to you for 8-10 hour shift or midterms, wifes, etc. If taking the preworkout gets you in the gym then in the end it's well worth it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I think they are more than worth it. So much worth it that if I could only buy one supplement outside of the normal vitamins/fish oil it will always be a preworkout. (stim or not)
What about creatine and beta-alanine?

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Nope!!! Its all the same damn bull**** in a nice $50 jug. Caffeine and arginine. Actually, I'd dare to say just about anything with "N.O." on its label is overpriced ****ing garbage!! Try this for me, the next time your on the way to the gym, grab yourself a black coffee from Starbucks and tell me which works better

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nope!!! Its all the same damn bull**** in a nice $50 jug. Caffeine and arginine. Actually, I'd dare to say just about anything with "N.O." on its label is overpriced ****ing garbage!! Try this for me, the next time your on the way to the gym, grab yourself a black coffee from Starbucks and tell me which works better
Ugh

Google "Omega sports ultima" then come back and make a useful contribution to this thred