Question about whey protein...

BruceWayNE

BruceWayNE

Awards
I was up doing a search on protein....when I came across this post on yahoo
"Both whey & casein are garbage sources of protein. Whey is the discarded product of milk,that somebody figured out how to sell to suckers. Regardless of which pro bodybuilder endorses whey in what muscle mag, they do not use this product themselves -just get paid for saying they do. //// Whey is in & out of your bloodstream in about 2 hours,max. //// Soy protein stays in your bloodstream for 4 hours, and has the same amino acid Profile as whey. ///// Muscle "building" (ie: repairing) takes place during the 1st 4 hours of sleep. Why take a product (whey) that isn't going to be around for that 4 hours ? ///// Before bed & post workout, drink a big glass of 2% milk with 5 grams of soy protein powder & 5 grams of Glutamine and watch your body transform & really get BIG."....

Can anyone share your thoughts on this...the main points I find interesting are....
1. Whey being a discarded byproduct of milk...
2. The 4 hour muscle building window....

I've always used whey with what I feel is great success....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ignore that useless rant. Soy protein is a genetically engineered piece of trash that does not have nearly as much BCAA as whey. Furthermore, this piece is a HUGE contradiction as he says to drink a big glass of milk, but calls whey and casein garbage. Uhhh, does he know where they come from!?

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Sigh*

it's from yahoo! No other protein has as much amino acid or BCAA in it like Whey protein.

BruceWayNE

BruceWayNE

Awards
Thanks guys I thought it was bs...isn't soy also conducive to estrogen production??

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow....couldn't be any farther from the truth