PEA Usage

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

PEA Usage

I had heard a number of recommendations for PEA here and there, and as it is fairly inexpensive figured I'd give it a shot, but had a couple of questions.

Recommended dosage? Mine comes in 500mg which seems sufficient for 1/day
    Cycle it? Can it be taken every day? Should time in between doses be given, should it be cycled.
    If cycled, how much time between cycles?
    Does it create any eventual dependencies or crash effect?

It's only two days in, at 1/day, but I've found it creates a nicely mild feeling of well being/contentment. Nothing overbearing, and pleasantly subtle. Seemed a good addition to a low carb diet, which typically bums me out on low carb days.

Any info you can offer is much appreciated. Unfortunately the search function doesn't seem to like searching just for PEA.

Thanks!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

PEA - Between 500mg-1g depending on your tolerance. --- this is from my notes. I've never personally run this nootropic. Any specific reason why u chose this?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

I actually use about 750 mgs during a few nights of the week for getting to sleep if I am stressed out with school. It relaxes me and really helps getting me to sleep.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exercise123 View Post
    PEA - Between 500mg-1g depending on your tolerance. --- this is from my notes. I've never personally run this nootropic. Any specific reason why u chose this?
    Awesome thanks! Any idea if it needs to be cycled?

I chose it because, among nootropics, I had heard more people mention this in a positive manner, and it seemed to get the most doses for cost, so I figured it was worth a shot. Mainly looking for improved diet adherence, and I'm liking it so far.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjr3412 View Post
    Awesome thanks! Any idea if it needs to be cycled?

I chose it because, among nootropics, I had heard more people mention this in a positive manner, and it seemed to get the most doses for cost, so I figured it was worth a shot. Mainly looking for improved diet adherence, and I'm liking it so far.
    You shouldn't use it for more than 3 days straight without taking 3 days of not taking it. For me I use it on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights after long days of school to relax and get to sleep faster.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdog55 View Post
    You shouldn't use it for more than 3 days straight without taking 3 days of not taking it. For me I use it on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights after long days of school to relax and get to sleep faster.
    Awesome, that was the exact info I was looking for.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

Awesome, that was the exact info I was looking for.
    Granted, you can look a logs of PEA and see people dosing grams of it. But again, I am not using it for the "buzzed" affect that some users like and I personally don't like building a high tolerance to substances so that I need use more and more each time. I have used the above scheme I mentioned at 750mgs and it seems to have the same affect on me each time.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

I've used it off and on for awhile. You can build a tolerance quickly, if used every day.

I always find it more effective, if taken on an empty stomach. I dose between 1.5-2g. Sometimes 1.5g will be too much. The feeling of too much will give me the buzzed feeling and make me want to take off running till I collapse. On the other hand it gives me some great concentration.

Currently I'm only dosing it twice a week. I just use it for school. I'm taking an evening class, so by the time I'm finished with work, and heading to class, I'm pretty mentally tired. This helps pick me up. I also dose it along with ALCAR.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

DISREGARD MY INFO!!!

I thought we were talking about Phenibut not Phenylethylamine (PEA). I totally read that wrong and I have no idea why! All my info was regarding Phenibut which promotes relaxation and restful sleep.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdog55 View Post
    DISREGARD MY INFO!!!

I thought we were talking about Phenibut not Phenylethylamine (PEA). I totally read that wrong and I have no idea why! All my info was regarding Phenibut which promotes relaxation and restful sleep.
    Lol! I still think its probably a good idea to impose a strict limit on any mood boosters.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

Lol! I still think its probably a good idea to impose a strict limit on any mood boosters.
    I definitely think so as well. Just don't take my recommendation and take PEA before bed!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IV HGH USAGE
    By heftyman88 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 10:42 AM
  2. The End of My AAS Usage
    By ironviking in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 09:44 AM
  3. EQ usage
    By Nullifidian in forum Anabolics