Anabolic Milk Vs. Muscle Milk

  1. New Member
    phatbody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    59.82%

    Anabolic Milk Vs. Muscle Milk


    It looks like Optimum Nutrition has a counter to Cytosport Muscle Milk. It's called Anabolic Milk. For the most part they look exactly the same, ingredient wise, except that Anabolic Milk has half the saturated fat and added CLA. Oh and it is cheaper too, which makes me wonder about the quality. I like ON but have always wondered about the quality because the prices are always very low when compared to any other company.

    Here is a link to Anabolic Milk from ON's website.

    And the link to Muscle Milk from Cytosport.

    For the most part I believe that Anabolic Milk has an edge because it has less saturated fat, added CLA and is cheaper. I have no idea how it tastes though.

    Any comments?

  2. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2017
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I heard it tastes just as good, ut we all have different ideas on "taste".. Some think ON's whey tastes great while I think it tastes like dried prison nutsack..

    I'm gonna see about getting a sample for myself before I give up my wholesome goodness of Muscle Milk..
  3. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    956
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I never liked ON's 100% whey. I do however, enjoy most of muscle milks flavors. I willl try this new line from ON out and hopefully its the best of both world. I wouldnt doubt Optimum's quality.
    Sage
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    149
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by phatbody
    It looks like Optimum Nutrition has a counter to Cytosport Muscle Milk. It's called Anabolic Milk. For the most part they look exactly the same, ingredient wise, except that Anabolic Milk has half the saturated fat and added CLA. Oh and it is cheaper too, which makes me wonder about the quality. I like ON but have always wondered about the quality because the prices are always very low when compared to any other company.

    Here is a link to Anabolic Milk from ON's website.

    And the link to Muscle Milk from Cytosport.

    For the most part I believe that Anabolic Milk has an edge because it has less saturated fat, added CLA and is cheaper. I have no idea how it tastes though.

    Any comments?
    I went to the website stated above and ON price on that stuff is 34.00. That is not cheaper than Muscle Milk, or is it? I get MM for about 17.00 - 18.00 dollars. Maybe I have the quantity mixed up, but I buy the 2.48lbs for that amount.
  5. New Member
    phatbody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    59.82%

    Talking Dried Prison Nutsack!?!?!


    True, I've never liked ON's 100% whey either. It's the aftertaste that gets me.



    Haha, that's a good one. You make a good point BPF. Companies should put warning labels on their ****. WARNING: May taste like dried prison nutsack. How many times have we gone and bought a protein because it LOOKED so damn tasty only to find out the exact opposite. I've seen Anabolic Milk on sale for about $20 so it might be worth a shot. Plus it is flavored with sucralose so the taste has that going for it.



    Again, Anabolic Milk only has a few things going for it, mainly the price. Hopefully Cytosport will see this and decide to lower their price and add some CLA. Then it wouldn't really be a dilemma would it?

    Edited: Yeah that is retail price. But who pays retail anymore? The discounted price I've seen is $19.95. Oh and how the hell do you get Muscle Milk for $17? You lucky bastard!!!!!!!

    Editeded: I've only seen Muscle Milk at like $23-$25. Then again I haven't really looked that hard for cheaper prices.
  6. New Member
    Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    50
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    149
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

    info


    Quote Originally Posted by phatbody
    True, I've never liked ON's 100% whey either. It's the aftertaste that gets me.



    Haha, that's a good one. You make a good point BPF. Companies should put warning labels on their ****. WARNING: May taste like dried prison nutsack. How many times have we gone and bought a protein because it LOOKED so damn tasty only to find out the exact opposite. I've seen Anabolic Milk on sale for about $20 so it might be worth a shot. Plus it is flavored with sucralose so the taste has that going for it.



    Again, Anabolic Milk only has a few things going for it, mainly the price. Hopefully Cytosport will see this and decide to lower their price and add some CLA. Then it wouldn't really be a dilemma would it?

    Edited: Yeah that is retail price. But who pays retail anymore? The discounted price I've seen is $19.95. Oh and how the hell do you get Muscle Milk for $17? You lucky bastard!!!!!!!

    Editeded: I've only seen Muscle Milk at like $23-$25. Then again I haven't really looked that hard for cheaper prices.
    About right after shipping. I pm'd you the link. I don't feel it is fair to the board sponsers for me to publicly post a link to a non-sponser. Peace.

    17.95 b4 shipping and I normally order 4 if my local gym doesn't have it in stock. Even they sell it for 20.00 here in NE Fla.
    Last edited by Myth; 07-25-2004 at 12:57 PM. Reason: additional
  7. Board Supporter
    cr4ytonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    405
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

    I really like 1 scoop ON chocolate + 1 scoop Muscle Milk chocolate in milk. Takes just the MM but with 1/2 the fat and more protein. I get'em both from massnutrition.com, $20 for the MM and $43 for 10 lbs of ON.
  8. Banned
    Lich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    26
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    1.02%

    ON is known for high quality, dont worry about questioning that. Im currently using ON's pro complex, and im loving it.
  9. New Member
    Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    9.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by cr4ytonic
    I really like 1 scoop ON chocolate + 1 scoop Muscle Milk chocolate in milk. Takes just the MM but with 1/2 the fat and more protein. I get'em both from massnutrition.com, $20 for the MM and $43 for 10 lbs of ON.
    hahah i thought I was the only one who did that. It still tastes just like the MM.
  10. Board Supporter
    cr4ytonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    405
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    hahah i thought I was the only one who did that. It still tastes just like the MM.
    I gotta stretch that dollar baby
  11. New Member
    phatbody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    222
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    59.82%

    Yeah I cut that **** like Yeyo!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Almond milk vs Soy milk Questions?
    By Colochine in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
  2. Moo Milk vs Soy Milk
    By tanboy75019 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
  3. Muscle milk vs. Muscle Milk collegiate
    By Matt Skiba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
  4. Muscle Milk RTD Vs Powder
    By MotionSickness in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 04:27 PM
  5. Muscle Milk vs old Skim mild whey shake
    By BAD_MO_FO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in