The Anabolic Diet Supplement List

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all!

So I've just recently finished reading the anabolic diet book and in the book there are suggested supplement mixes and whatnot. But they all seem to be very extensive supplements and I'm not quite sure how I would get them so I figured I would ask around here and see if there are any supps out there that encompass a good amount of the stuff suggested. So here's the list that is suggested:

Formula 1: The “Anticatabolic-Anabolic” Compound

Formula 1 is designed for use both before and during your workout. It includes glutamine, leucine, KIC (ketoisocaproate) and OKG (ornithine alpha-ketogluterate). To be taken prior to training.

Formula 2: The “Alternate Energy/Antioxidant/Cholesterol Fighter” Compound

Formula 2 combines L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine, taurine, methionone, choline, inositol, and betaine. To be taken in the morning and evening.

Formula 3: The “Insulin Anabolizer” Compound

Formula 3 consists of KIC, OKG, arginine, glutamine, leucine, taurine, alanine, chromium, and potassium. To be taken after workout and before bedtime.

Formula 4: The “Intracellular Phosphate” Compound

Formula 4 is aimed at increasing energy stores to their highest level by increasing intracellular high-energy phosphates. It consists of creatine monohydrate, adenosine triphosphate (ATP), creatine phosphate, histidine, arginine, glycine, and methionine. To be taken 4 times daily.

Ok, so that's straight from Dr. Mauro DiPasquale's book, The Anabolic Diet. I have been following the diet to the tee, have had some amazing results really and am very pleased all around. I take a lot of the other suggested supps already but these formulas kinda made me go :33:

Anyone got any suggestions of supps they know may be good as a side on for the diet? I currently take basics like

Life Support
Multi
3-6-9 Omega Oils
Vitamin C
Mesomorph before workouts
Caffeine

So pretty much just the basics. Any input is appreciated!

princevince

Awards
  • Established
mesomorph and 400mg. caffeine= explosive:yikes:

love me some meso w/ addition caffeine:aargh:.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dunno how much Id trust that book verbatim, he doesnt seem to be up to date with some of his suggestions.

I mean, its pushing arginine and glutamine still...

When was it published?

Formula 2 isnt too bad, but could be modified

I wouldnt supplement with a 3,6,9 EFA. People that are into bodybuilding get enough from their diet of 6 and 9, but most dont get enough omega 3 unless they eat fish daily. I would just supp with Omega 3 to have a better ratio

Try things out, take what works for you, but stay objective and make sure to rule out things such as better diet etc when you are trying out the protocols

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you'd have to go to a supplement store such as vitamin shoppe or nutraplanet and buy everything piece by piece. Its expensive to do it that way but you can buy in bulk and have enough to last you months.

suppRatings

Awards
Good morning all!

So I've just recently finished reading the anabolic diet book and in the book there are suggested supplement mixes and whatnot. But they all seem to be very extensive supplements and I'm not quite sure how I would get them so I figured I would ask around here and see if there are any supps out there that encompass a good amount of the stuff suggested. So here's the list that is suggested:

Formula 1 is designed for use both before and during your workout. It includes glutamine, leucine, KIC (ketoisocaproate) and OKG (ornithine alpha-ketogluterate). To be taken prior to training.

Formula 2 combines L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine, taurine, methionone, choline, inositol, and betaine. To be taken in the morning and evening.

Formula 3 consists of KIC, OKG, arginine, glutamine, leucine, taurine, alanine, chromium, and potassium. To be taken after workout and before bedtime.

Formula 4 is aimed at increasing energy stores to their highest level by increasing intracellular high-energy phosphates. It consists of creatine monohydrate, adenosine triphosphate (ATP), creatine phosphate, histidine, arginine, glycine, and methionine. To be taken 4 times daily.

Ok, so that's straight from Dr. Mauro DiPasquale's book, The Anabolic Diet. I have been following the diet to the tee, have had some amazing results really and am very pleased all around. I take a lot of the other suggested supps already but these formulas kinda made me go :33:

Anyone got any suggestions of supps they know may be good as a side on for the diet? I currently take basics like

Life Support
Multi
3-6-9 Omega Oils
Vitamin C
Caffeine

What do you guys think of meomorph?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dunno how much Id trust that book verbatim, he doesnt seem to be up to date with some of his suggestions.

I mean, its pushing arginine and glutamine still...

When was it published?

Formula 2 isnt too bad, but could be modified

I wouldnt supplement with a 3,6,9 EFA. People that are into bodybuilding get enough from their diet of 6 and 9, but most dont get enough omega 3 unless they eat fish daily. I would just supp with Omega 3 to have a better ratio

Try things out, take what works for you, but stay objective and make sure to rule out things such as better diet etc when you are trying out the protocols
I could not have said it better myself! I agree completely on ALL accounts.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good morning all!

Life Support
Multi
3-6-9 Omega Oils
Vitamin C
Caffeine

That book is out dated. Metabolic Diet is the new version of that diet.. I have been on it for years and have the utmost trust and respect for the Author. If I were you I would email Dr.Mauro directly and definitely not ask on here about the diet. Go straight to the source. Otherwise you will just get opinions and hearsay.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Years straight?

Any breaks?

Please elaborate on your resules and any blood work you may have had?

Thanks!

Metabolic Diet is the new version of that diet.[/url]. I have been on it for years.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Years straight?

Any breaks?

Please elaborate on your resules and any blood work you may have had?

Thanks!
Well when I first purchased the book back in '02 I stayed on for about 4-5 years straight. Since then I went off for a while for some reason or another(life circumstances). It has been an amazing diet but for me I just say its the way I eat now. Results wise its much easier to lose fat on this diet than any other, or gain muscle which ever you want. Following this diet/way of eating has given me plenty of other benefits also such as,

*More Energy
*Easier to concentrate
*IBS symptom relief
*Better over sense of well-being and happiness

Not sure what I can tell you about blood work. I have had sporadic blood work just to check my general health and everything seems to be ok, besides the last one I had which I took after a trenazone/ah cycle.

I haven't always followed the diet perfectly but have stuck to it. What some people fail to understand is that its more of a lifestyle and not just a temporary "diet". You need to purchase the book and read the entire thing. Cliff notes or just skimming it won't be beneficial to you. He also has a bunch of other books tailored for specific goals. The Anabolic Solution For Bodybuilders is another one of his books I have. If your interested you should really purchase his books. Books.

The diet really centers around optimizing the big three hormones for muscle growth and fat loss. Testosterone, GH, IGF-1. He also talks a lot about how being natural is much better than using Steroids. I've done a few cycles of OTC PH/PS products in my life though...I think I'm pretty much done with that though except for the few bottles of AndroHard I have left in my cabinet. After that I'm done though.

I'm an all or nothing type of person so the times I went I off I just ate like crap. Been back on MD for around 8 months now and NEVER GOING OFF AGAIN!.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice!! ;)

Thanks T!