R-ALA and females???

1. R-ALA and females???

My girlfriend has been anti-supplement during our entire relationship. Tonight something came over her, and when I was taking some R-ALA before a carb meal, she decided she wanted to take one also. About 30 minutes later she started sweating like a pig, almost like as if she took a thermogenic. R-ALA has never, ever made me sweat. As a matter of fact, I don't feel anything from it. WTF?

2. Lower bodyweight so perhaps the insulin micry effects were more pronounced causing the effect of a carbload? Or perhaps she is normally hypoglycemic and the sensitization to insulin caused some sort of super carb receptiveness? Or theres always the dreaded placebo effect.

3. Interesting. Any other thoughts?
    •   

4. r-ala lowers blood sugar. When you have low blood sugar you may start sweating among other things. It doesn't have to do w/ her being a female (except as magg mentioned her smaller size), i have the same reaction to it and have to be extremely careful, even at like 280mg. I rarely use it, only on it now because of my GH.

(i take it 30 min before my GH shot, and add a 50g dextrose shake to mimic the effects of slin.)

5. Quote Originally Posted by DieTrying
    My girlfriend has been anti-supplement during our entire relationship. Tonight something came over her, and when I was taking some R-ALA before a carb meal, she decided she wanted to take one also. About 30 minutes later she started sweating like a pig, almost like as if she took a thermogenic. R-ALA has never, ever made me sweat. As a matter of fact, I don't feel anything from it. WTF?
    As mentioned, because R-ALA can lower blood sugar, if I take 300mg and wait too long to eat, I get shaky.

What brand of R-ALA did she take?

I have had my girlfriend take 200mg of Bulk Nutritions r-ala right before eating and she has never had that problem.

6. JonBlaze, I'm interested to know what brand of R-ALA you use also.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DevilSmack
    JonBlaze, I'm interested to know what brand of R-ALA you use also.
    all ALA does this to me, right now i use the K R-ALA from smi2e.biz.

I've previously used smi2le's normal r-ala, syntrax's, and bulknut's.

Similar Forum Threads

1. R-ALA and confusion?
    By MeanOLMan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 03:15 PM
  2. sesathin and females?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
  3. ala and cla for bulking??
    By poseidon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 01:37 PM
  4. r-ala and Yohimbine hcl
    By Balsam in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 10:38 AM
  5. Best prices on ALA and CLA? Where have you found them??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 09:07 AM