What product category is it?
To those of you who have used or are using it, give us some details on how and why you liked it. Pros and cons, etc. Some short summaries!
To those who have not yet used ...ask any questions you have to all the members who have used it or are using it.
I started this monsterous thread of feedback (see below)...but lets discuss and have some Q and A for the users
AnaBeta feedback as of 5/12/11
What product category is it?
I ran a full bottle...not 1 con I can see. I was unable to lift or eat properly for medical reasons, and not a pound lost. In fact, weight remained and I leaned out. Dying for this to hit the shelves
Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
adam @ ControlledLabs.com
CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
Alright bitches, whats up ITT?
No cons other than at first I got a hypoglycemic reaction from not eating enough carbs the first day, and for some if they receive acne it may cause an issue but I could care less about acne. Pros include leaning effect, muscle fullness, strength gain, muscular endurance, increased appetite, increased need for hydration, nice diuretic effect, packed on some solid LBM, 17 lbs as of now. Very good mood, lots of nice pros with this supp.
I'm just on day 11....
Pros: (during workout) increased pump, strength, endurance, aggression, sweat...(outside of working out), acts like a nutrient partitioner, able to eat more in one sitting, esp carbs
that I don't already have a few bottles of this in my stash
....I've only noticed slight thermo effect and slight appetite increase (esp compared to what others have stated)...water intake has increased from 1 gallon/day to 1.5-2 gallons/day.
Questions I have:
Is this composed of just one compound or is it a formula? herbal?
I used 1 bottle, varying 3-6 caps.
Hit some natty PRs despite being on a caloric deficit. The biggest thing I noted was a DEFINITE vascularity increase. All-day pumped feeling. Subtle, but very nice! The only negative side I noted was thirst/hypoglycemia - but that lets me know it's working. Continued to lose fat while sparing muscle/strength.
Paging Dr. Banner. . .
I can't wait for this to hit Nutraplanet!
ANS PERFORMANCE REPRESENTATIVE
Whens this supposed to hit shelves? WANT SOME!!!
i can attest to the strength increases on a calorie deficit. My bench hasn't increased this quickly since my noob gaining days.
I am going to be using AnaBeta-01 again in the near future, for a lot longer than I used it the first time. As for the first time, I was the first tester of Anabeta-01, and I experimented with 3-5 caps a day, different dosing and timing of doses around training and meals. My thoughts below:
* From day one (where I did NOT train at all), there was an immediate increase in muscle hardness - in deltoids and arms especially (at first I thought I was imagining it, but it continued on, getting stronger with continued usage) - the hardness in arms starts not long after dosing and remains throughout the day.
* As far as days when training, dosing post-meal containing carbohydrates elicits the "hard muscle" effect in arms (biceps in particular) ~20 minutes after dosing - this is especially true moreso if the meal is the one immediately POST-training, instead of being before.
* Vascularity was increased, to the levels it would normally be when I am a few bodyfat percentage LEANER.
* Noticeable nutrient repartitioning/insulin-like effects - the nutrient repartitioning effects are stronger after a meal that contains ONLY complex carbohydrates and protein (clean meal).
* I increased the lean mass in shoulders, arms, glutes and calves by at least half an inch in each area.
* Increase in thirst was noticeable from day one, and I was drinking close to ~2 galleons of water a day.
* My skin is usually clear, but this caused blemishes (starting from the second day is usage), as well as increasing the oiliness of my skin.
* My natural aggression was slightly increased and I was moodier than usual (although this can also be attributed to the circumstances of the time and not just the product).
* Diuretic effects occurred every ~10 minutes when training is dosed pre-training, which was annoying.
* The increase in appetite was unreal and only got more pronounced over time, especially later in the day/night - this effect was a "con" for me, since my goal at the time was fat loss, and that was NOT happening. The longer the period between doses (and also the higher the daily dosage used), the stronger the effect on appetite. Even Sean commented that I was even worse than usual re appetite and eating - which is saying something given that he already calls me the "human garbage disposal", LOL. His words: "You've done some serious damage over the last two weeks".
Cliff Notes of effects
* Noticeable increase in muscle hardness, vascularity, and nutrient repartitioning and thirst.
* Effects that get more pronounced over usage include causing blemishes and increased oiliness of skin, and ridiculous increase in appetite.
* Strong diuretic effect after dosing - good in general, but bad when it occurs during training (from pre-training dose).
Used for two weeks.
* Week 1 - every other day was a day off, with single training on the days training completed.
* Week 2 - trained five days, with four of those training days double sessions (am and pm).
* Start - 11% bodyfat at 124.8 pounds.
* Start to end of Week 1 - 126.6 pounds (+1.8 pounds with +1.0842 pounds of bodyfat and + 0.7158 pounds of lean body mass) at 11.7% bodyfat (+0.7% bodyfat).
* End of Week 1 to end of Week 2 -127.8 pounds (+1.2 pounds with +0.0126 pounds of bodyfat and + 1.1874 pounds of lean body mass) at 11.6% bodyfat (-0.1% bodyfat).
* Overall - +3 pounds and + 0.6% bodyfat.
Would you recommend it?
I really feel that this is a definite BULKER, so I would only recommend it if one was using it for that purpose. If one was recomping, it might also be a valid option, given my results in the second week. However, I would definitely NOT recommend it for one aiming for straight fat loss . . .The product is definitely more effective with high volume training as well re effects in body composition (as seen from body statistics from week 1 to week 2) . . .
For anyone who has used it, roughly how long did it take for the strength gains to come?
I have posted my final review for anyone interested. Link in the signature.
Sign up for the PES Insider for exclusive flash sales and brand new product launches.
The only con of this product is actually it's major pro and that is the strength of its repartitioning. On my first dose, I took it and did not eat anything for about 45 minutes, which was a huge mistake. Another thing that I noticed was the major reduction in bloat following a cheat meal while I was using this. I could eat at a pizza buffet and not looked like I swallowed a watermelon. My dosing was 3-4/caps per day (depending on number of meals I ate that day). I'm not sure what the price of this is going to be, but I will assume that it will be very affordable just like the rest of the PES lineup.
This product is very utilitarian. I was cutting during the first half of the bottle and saw accelerated fat loss; the second half was a lean bulk and I not only avoided any rebound fat gain, but I added 3-4 lbs of LBM. My strength levels maintained while I was cutting and steadily increased during the lean bulk phase.
M.Ed. Ex Phys