Serotonin Production supplements

Barcelona99

Awards
Hi All

Searching for some supplements which help in the production of serotonin such as tryptophan ? Can anyone assist me on any out there I;'m also looking into idebenone from Primaforce which apparently states can help in the production of serotonin.

thanks

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola, 5-htp, and make sure you're getting adequate folic acid, B-12 (methylcobalamin).

spogiderbaer

Awards
Hey dude,

whats the reason looking for some serotonine producing supplements ?

greetings spogi

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
+1 5-htp (5-hydroxytryptophan) is the best route. It is the direct precursor to serotonin so the body can't rate limit it like it does with tryptophan. However, be careful as you don't won't to overdose and raise your serotonin levels too high. I would start with 50mg and see how that works for you. You could then experiment with 50mg bumps. I would also recommend cycling off 5-htp over the weekends as you don't want your body to become dependent on supplementation for serotonin production. Also, just in case you are on a SSRI I would be very careful trying to bump your serotonin further using supplements.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
take a look into need2sleep, it has the 5 htp your looking for plus the best sleep of your life