Who here likes ALCAR?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We just recently added it into one of our products(Testabolan v2, will be out shortly) at a full 2000mg/day.

Anyone use/like ALCAR? What effects did you personally notice?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No one likes ALCAR...come on meow.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I use Now Foods liquid l-carnatine. It aids somewhat in fat loss.

jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
I love ALcar, one of the most usefull supps there is. Its good for mental clarity, fatigue and fat loss. Among other benefits. It is synergistic with other supps as well, such as DAA and Agmatine, from what I have read.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love ALcar, one of the most usefull supps there is. Its good for mental clarity, fatigue and fat loss. Among other benefits. It is synergistic with other supps as well, such as DAA and Agmatine, from what I have read.

I second this, ALCAR is a good supp.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
I was about to pick some up bulk supplies of it. What do you have cooking?
Never used it but read good things.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tv2 will have a new formula released within the next 3-6 weeks which deliver a full dose of 3,4 divanil/day, and a full 2000mg of ALCAR each day.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like Alcar as im a big fan of carnitine, but im loving Arginocarn.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Sounds awesome... 3,4 works awesome people should give it much more credit.

Whatelse. Whatelse? :)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALCAR is dose dependent to produce various effects like

1. Concentration
2. Energy Rush
3. up Test

I LOVE ALCAR ;)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What doses do you use for those 3 purposes?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, I've never tried that much before. I'll try it out
you will love but if you add another form of carnitine low the dose of ALCAR ;)

ALCAR Therapeutic Uses

L-Carnitine - ALCAR Angina

Carnitine might be a good addition to standard therapy for angina. In one controlled study, 200 individuals with angina (the exercise-induced variety) took either 2 g daily of L-carnitine or were left untreated. All the study participants continued to take their usual medication for angina. Those taking carnitine showed improvement in several measures of heart function, including a significantly greater ability to exercise without chest pain.70 They were also able to reduce the dosage of some of their heart medications (under medical supervision) as their symptoms decreased.
Another trial that did use a double-blind, placebo-controlled design tested L-carnitine in 52 individuals with angina, and found evidence of benefit. In addition, several small studies (some of them double-blind) tested propionyl-L-carnitine for the treatment of angina, and also found evidence of benefit.

ALCAR and Hardening of The Arteries

People with advanced hardening of the arteries, or atherosclerosis, often have difficulty walking due to lack of blood flow to the legs. Pain may develop after walking less than half a block. Although carnitine does not increase blood flow, it appears to improve the muscle's ability to function under difficult circumstances.
A 12-month double-blind placebo-controlled trial of 485 patients with intermittent claudication evaluated the potential benefits of propionyl-L-carnitine. Participants with relatively severe disease showed a 44% improvement in walking distance as compared to placebo. However, no improvement was seen in those with mild disease. Another double-blind study followed 245 people and also found benefit.

Similar results have been seen in most but not all other studies of L-carnitine or propionyl-L-carnitine. Propionyl-L-carnitine may be more effective for intermittent claudication than plain carnitine.

L-Carnitine - ALCAR Congestive Heart Failure

Several small studies have found that carnitine, often in the form of propionyl-L-carnitine, can improve symptoms of congestive heart failure. In one trial, benefits were maintained for 60 days after treatment with carnitine was stopped.

ALCAR After a Heart Attack

Carnitine may help reduce death rate after a heart attack. In a 12-month placebo-controlled study, 160 individuals who had experienced a heart attack received 4 g of L-carnitine daily or placebo, in addition to other conventional medication. The mortality rate in the treated group was significantly lower than in the placebo group, 1.2% versus 12.5%, respectively. There were also improvements in heart rate, blood pressure, angina (chest pain), and blood lipids. A larger double-blind study of 472 people found that carnitine may improve the chances of survival if given within 24 hours after a heart attack. Note: Carnitine is used along with conventional treatment, not as a substitute for it.

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)

Evidence from three double-blind placebo-controlled studies enrolling a total of 49 individuals suggests that L-carnitine can improve exercise tolerance in COPD, presumably by improving muscular efficiency in the lungs and other muscles.

L-Carnitine - ALCAR and Alzheimer's Disease

Numerous double- or single-blind studies involving a total of more than 1,400 people have evaluated the potential benefits of acetyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Early studies found some evidence of benefit, although it was generally quite modest. However, the two most recent and best-designed studies found no benefit.
A double-blind placebo-controlled trial that enrolled 431 participants for 1 year found no significant improvement at all in the group treated with acetyl-L-carnitine. A close look at the results appeared to suggest some benefit in individuals who developed Alzheimer's disease at a particularly young age. However, when this possibility was tested in a 1-year double-blind placebo-controlled trial of 229 patients with early-onset Alzheimer's, no benefits were seen.

L-Carnitine - ALCAR and Mild Depression

A double-blind study of 60 seniors with mild depression found that treatment with 3 g of carnitine daily over a 2-month period significantly improved symptoms as compared to placebo. Positive results were seen in another study as well.

L-Carnitine - Alcar and Hyperthyroidism

Enlargement of the thyroid (goiter) can be due to many causes, including cancer and iodine deficiency. In some cases, thyroid enlargement occurs without any known cause, so-called benign goiter.
Treatment of benign goiter generally consists of taking thyroid hormone pills. This causes the thyroid gland to become less active, and the goiter shrinks. However, there may be undesirable effects as well. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism (too much thyroid hormone) can develop, including heart palpitations, nervousness, weight loss, and bone breakdown.

A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial found evidence that use of L-carnitine could alleviate many of these symptoms. This 6-month study evaluated the effects of L-carnitine in 50 women who were taking thyroid hormone for benign goiter. The results showed that a dose of 2 or 4 g of carnitine daily protected participants' bones and reduced other symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Carnitine is thought to affect thyroid hormone by blocking its action in cells. This suggests a potential concern: Carnitine might be harmful for people who have low or borderline thyroid levels to begin with. This possibility has not been well explored as yet.

ALCAR and Peyronie's Disease
Peyronie's disease is an inflammatory condition of the penis that develops in stages. In the first stage, penile pain occurs with erection; next, the penis becomes curved; finally, erectile dysfunction may occur. Many medications have been tried for Peyronie's disease, with some success. One such drug is tamoxifen (better known as a treatment to prevent breast cancer recurrence.) A 3 month, double-blind study compared the effectiveness of acetyl-L-carnitine (1 gram twice daily) against tamoxifen; the study enrolled 15 men in the first stage of Peyronie's disease and 33 men in the second stage. The result indicated that acetyl-L-carnitine reduced penile curvature while tamoxifen did not; the supplement also reduced pain and slowed disease progression to a greater extent than the drug. Furthermore, while the drug caused various side effectsa and the supplement caused none.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Alcar gives me noticeable clarity.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR is a staple..Mood support, energy and big libido booster.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I'll be able to convince some of you guys to log this for me soon then :)

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
I've been using ALCAR, Dicreatine Malate, and LCLT once a day upon waking to help w/ my sleep deprivation and workouts. Smells like dead fish urine until I mix it w/ crystal lite. Tastes just fine after that, tho.

Seems very cost effective. I'll be reordering.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Hey dude. I'm placing an order in like 5 days. How long do you think till it's ready? Will the new version have ecdy in it? I'm currently on your ecdy 99% and loving it. I was thinking of extending my run of it. Ending in like 10 days.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love ALCAR, ive been using it for the last year at 2-3g a day. I love it for school, pre-wo, and anytime ever. I use it more then creatine and protein lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used it for two years strait everyday 3 grams usually first thing, sometimes up to 6.

I noticed better mental effects in college and learning and a certain feeling you have to experience, esp on 6 grams. In addition it helped a bit keeping me a bit leaner

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I used it for two years strait everyday 3 grams usually first thing, sometimes up to 6.

I noticed better mental effects in college and learning and a certain feeling you have to experience, esp on 6 grams. In addition it helped a bit keeping me a bit leaner
Describe that feeling for us.

jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
I think I know what he's talking about. I have used upt o 5 grams at a time and it is a strange non-stim energy, if you will. Hard to describe but imagine as though it were caffiene for the brain with a significant mood elevation.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I think I know what he's talking about. I have used upt o 5 grams at a time and it is a strange non-stim energy, if you will. Hard to describe but imagine as though it were caffiene for the brain with a significant mood elevation.
ThAnks, any one else?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
And what's the difference between Alcar and L-carnatine?

jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
And what's the difference between Alcar and L-carnatine?
ALCAR is Acetyl L Carnitine. It is more bioavailable. More readily used by the body, if I remember correctly passes through some kind of barrier easier.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It just gives you a mind boost. All i can say is words can not describe feelings no matter how much you can imagine the experience is needed to really know.

Similar to what I felt.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
It does give quiet a boost to the brain. I find it I dose too much at once, I feel over stimmed, almost become anxious. But when I take the sweet spot, about four 1/4Tsp, it delivers a nice mental wake up.

Recently I've been experimenting with dosing it mid-workout. It helps deliver a nice mental boost.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Using it during a workout? sounds cool

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
honestly, this should top a lot of test boosters out there, simple formula but impressive nonetheless.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
honestly, this should top a lot of test boosters out there, simple formula but impressive nonetheless.

I really want to get 5 guys who are willing to do Free Testosterone tests on it done. We did a few tests in house and they were impressive to say the least.

Anyone interested?

jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
I really want to get 5 guys who are willing to do Free Testosterone tests on it done. We did a few tests in house and they were impressive to say the least.

Anyone interested?
I fiirst read about alcar in a nutrition book put out by Iron Man magazine about 10 or 15 years ago. The gist of the ariticle was that alcar would raise test levels. I never hear it much refered to as a test booster anymore but I would love to see the results of bloodwork after 5 or 10 mg's a day for a month or so.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established

Anyone interested?

Bump. I'd love to see the results as well.

I'd be all over this If I wasn't already on Erase at the moment.

underthesun

Awards
ALCAR is the best. 3g a day on and off for about 5 years now. What everyone else said, Mental Clarity, mood boost, good stuff. Clean.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALCAR has a whole host of benefits, many of which Maximal pointed out. I've been using it regularly for a few months and really like it. Excited to try out this new version of Testabolan (V3 :D). I got hooked on Testabolan (the original) years ago before I was a rep and liked V2 even better. Guess it was about time to up the ante with another improvement!

jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
Since I've been following this thread I have been experimenting with higher dosing. I have gone as high as 5g a day. What I am finding is the higher the dose the more noticable the affects. I take it with 400 mg's of ALA.

Are their any fans of LCLT or PLCAR here. I have not tried those yet. Are the effects similar?

broons

Awards
  • Established
Doses of ALCAR >1 gram should be Co supplemented with ALA. high doses have been found to be pro oxidative. ALA counteracts this. On my phone or I'd dig up the study.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I am hooked on 2-3 grams of alcar a day,love it.

concentration
focus
up the test
well being
host of health benefits

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take 1g Alcar 4X a day. Love it!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try L-Carnitine L-Tartrate?

I've read somewhere that the feeling on the body, is like that of ALCAR on the mind.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Log opportunities for this are now in the company promo section!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone try L-Carnitine L-Tartrate?

I've read somewhere that the feeling on the body, is like that of ALCAR on the mind.
LCLT is a unique supplement because it increases the androgen receptor content of tissues. improve muscle growth, strength, recovery and muscular performance.

(Kraemer, et al. 2003; Kraemer, et al. 2006; Volek, et al. 2002).

I LOVE THIS 2g a day and you will set

Stack with Divanil or Testofen...... :firedevil: