Pre Workout For Strength

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Pre Workout For Strength


    Hey guys, decided to focus on strength training now.

    I've used most of the better products for pre workout, such as Meso, Jack3d, Quake, Muscle Marinade, N2kts and Maximize v2 etc.

    Just wondering, what product would have a better profile aimed towards strength.


  2. Beta-Alanine 1-2g 3X a day
    and creatine.
    guranium
    caff. a pre-WO with these would be nice.
    I LOVED N2KTS and use it along with ASGT and guranimo . i alternate them.
    great stuff. if you have to pick from the above i would pick N2KTS.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
    •   
       


  3. One that gives you the energy you want to have productive workouts, 3-5g of creatine, and 2g beta-alanine, then add another 2g at another time of the day of beta-alanine. Add some bcaa to that pre-wo and you would be good to go man.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Hey guys, decided to focus on strength training now.

    I've used most of the better products for pre workout, such as Meso, Jack3d, Quake, Muscle Marinade, N2kts and Maximize v2 etc.

    Just wondering, what product would have a better profile aimed towards strength.
    If you're looking at something aimed towards athletic performance, take a look at Assault. Otherwise, Anadraulic State GT or RPM are decent preworkout products to consider.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  5. I have been meaning to take Assault, would 1 scoop be okay for cost?

    Yeah i've been mainly aiming for performance increase.

    My post workout shake consists of, protein, carb, beta alanine, glutamine, creatine.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    I have been meaning to take Assault, would 1 scoop be okay for cost?

    Yeah i've been mainly aiming for performance increase.

    My post workout shake consists of, protein, carb, beta alanine, glutamine, creatine.
    I actually personally only use half a scoop of Assault - a serving is half a scoop, but you can use a scoop if you want.

    Re post-workout, I would drop the glutamine - since literature is conflicted over whether or not it actually does anything, and from my own personal research consider it a waste of time and money using unless you are completely sedentary - but that's just me.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  7. Cheers for the tips Rosie, do you use any intra workout such as xtend or intrabolic?

    Missed out, i'm taking Taurine post workout too in capsule form, is pre and post taurine good timing for dosage?

    Cheers

  8. Also in the post workout carbs, is Waxy Maize okay? Got a large tub of it.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Just wondering, what product would have a better profile aimed towards strength.
    Deadlifts.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Cheers for the tips Rosie, do you use any intra workout such as xtend or intrabolic?

    Missed out, i'm taking Taurine post workout too in capsule form, is pre and post taurine good timing for dosage?

    Cheers
    No worries

    No, I do not use intraworkout products at all - I drink water only during training.

    If you're not using Taurine during training, then pre and post-training is fine to dose it.


    Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Also in the post workout carbs, is Waxy Maize okay? Got a large tub of it.
    I personally don't like Waxy Maize, but you can use whatever carbohydrates you want post-training - I recommend using a combination of complex and simple carbohydrates post-training.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  11. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Deadlifts.
    Grats, your now a retard.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

    No, I do not use intraworkout products at all - I drink water only during training.

    If you're not using Taurine during training, then pre and post-training is fine to dose it.




    I personally don't like Waxy Maize, but you can use whatever carbohydrates you want post-training - I recommend using a combination of complex and simple carbohydrates post-training.

    ~Rosie~
    So say 50/50 Dextrose / Maltodextrin? Any reason why you don't like waxy maize?

  13. Meso is a great product but another option with no stims is musclefeasts anabolic ignite the profile is great and more importantly dosed right.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Grats, your now a retard.
    I'm the retard? You are the one looking for a PWO aimed at "strength" when you could just eat a solid protein based pre-workout meal.

    ...


  15. [quote=bikeswimlive;2856190]I'm the retard? You are the one looking for a PWO aimed at "strength" when you could just eat a solid protein based pre-workout meal.

    ...

    So your telling me that nothing other than protein can help with strength? Nice... Your just making yourself look worse mate.

  16. wish it didnt have the niacin in it? I feel like that would cause me to have hot flashes which i seem to get easy with supplements. Otherwise, profile looks great.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    So your telling me that nothing other than protein can help with strength? Nice... Your just making yourself look worse mate.
    That is absolutely not what I am saying. What I am saying is, there are no natty products that are going to significantly increase your strength enough to justify the cost. For example, all these natty hgh boosting supps are in the neighborhood of $40-$50 dollars. They make fractionally increase gains over what hard work alone will do. My advice, save your money or spend it on a staple you know works.

    That or ditch natty and educate yourself on DS.

    Are we on the same page now?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    That is absolutely not what I am saying. What I am saying is, there are no natty products that are going to significantly increase your strength enough to justify the cost. For example, all these natty hgh boosting supps are in the neighborhood of $40-$50 dollars. They make fractionally increase gains over what hard work alone will do. My advice, save your money or spend it on a staple you know works.

    That or ditch natty and educate yourself on DS.

    Are we on the same page now?
    Depending on your definition of natural it is fair to say this is not strictly true.

    Dosing stimulants for the first time in ages made me significantly stronger in the gym to the point I repeatedly checked the dumbbells I was using to make sure they were the right ones. My full review for it was in the N2KTS thread.

    Pre workout- caffeine, geranium, other stimulants (definition of natural can be argued as they are often produced synthetically).

    Not necessarily a pre workout but creatine and beta alanine both have solid research behind them.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    So say 50/50 Dextrose / Maltodextrin? Any reason why you don't like waxy maize?
    Stick to real food post training (optimally) or complex carbs like oats

    Simple carbs are not as beneficial postworkout. I would not take dextrose, maltodextrin or waxymaize

  20. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    So say 50/50 Dextrose / Maltodextrin? Any reason why you don't like waxy maize?
    It's entirely up to you what you use. My body does not respond well to Waxy Maize, plus I hate the taste and texture of anything that contains it. Just use what works for YOU and YOUR body.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    That is absolutely not what I am saying. What I am saying is, there are no natty products that are going to significantly increase your strength enough to justify the cost. For example, all these natty hgh boosting supps are in the neighborhood of $40-$50 dollars. They make fractionally increase gains over what hard work alone will do. My advice, save your money or spend it on a staple you know works.

    That or ditch natty and educate yourself on DS.

    Are we on the same page now?
    Okay man, sorry for coming across like a nob.

    I'm currently doing the 5/3/1 routine, enjoying it a lot. Just wanted to gain that bit extra. Anything you could advise for pre and post workout supplementation?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Depending on your definition of natural it is fair to say this is not strictly true.

    Dosing stimulants for the first time in ages made me significantly stronger in the gym to the point I repeatedly checked the dumbbells I was using to make sure they were the right ones. My full review for it was in the N2KTS thread.

    Pre workout- caffeine, geranium, other stimulants (definition of natural can be argued as they are often produced synthetically).

    Not necessarily a pre workout but creatine and beta alanine both have solid research behind them.
    So your saying it benefited you because you was more in the "zone" and that allowed you to bang out them extra heavier reps?

    Yeah i take Creatine Nitrate pre, and some creatine mono post and on off days. I take BA pre and post also.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Wheyfocused View Post
    Stick to real food post training (optimally) or complex carbs like oats

    Simple carbs are not as beneficial postworkout. I would not take dextrose, maltodextrin or waxymaize
    Any reason why you don't like simply carbs post workout? I was under the impression they was better post workout because of how fast they could be absorbed.

    What about Vitargo etc?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Any reason why you don't like simply carbs post workout? I was under the impression they was better post workout because of how fast they could be absorbed.

    What about Vitargo etc?
    No to vitargo.


    There is no reason to need carbs to hit you that quickly. The anabolic window is quite a bit longer than "30 minutes postworkout".

    Oats are a better form of carb to begin with for muscle building and body composition purposes, and since you dont have to worry about absorption time postworkout, even a high quality meal would be better than a protein shake.

    Shakes are for convenience purposes (and a great way to add a snack with some protein value)

  25. I'll suggest Lit Up as a choice where I saw (in the beta version, with just a handful of samples) at least a significant jump in intensity which seemed to translate to strength. Whether that would have kept up through an entire tub I can't tell, but its worth mentioning.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    Any reason why you don't like simply carbs post workout? I was under the impression they was better post workout because of how fast they could be absorbed.

    What about Vitargo etc?
    There is all of (from my knowledge) 1 study, maybe 2 showing carbs beneficial over protein alone postworkout, and that is in the case of a first thing in the morning fasted workout. Outside of that, theres been no evidence that a protein + carb shake vs protein alone (or just waiting to have a solid meal) makes any difference.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by winwrightsa View Post
    So your saying it benefited you because you was more in the "zone" and that allowed you to bang out them extra heavier reps?

    Yeah i take Creatine Nitrate pre, and some creatine mono post and on off days. I take BA pre and post also.
    Caffeine is extensively studied for directly improving sports performance including strength, endurance and lowering rate of perceived exertion.

    It does make you stronger in the gym if taken between 30 minutes and an hour before training for levels to reach their peak concentration in the blood.

    On another note, carbs after workout can be debated because in theory, glycogen replenishes when no food at all is ingested and muscle protein synthesis isn't as short term as the post workout 'window of opportunity'. It is still a liquid meal for quick absorption that can improve the cortisol:testosterone ratio, improve muscle protein synthesis and most importantly, get the nutrition and calories in to help build muscle (if that is your goal).
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  28. Ill second easy here, i enjoy lit-up alot. Idk about DAA and its sides, but im willing to put a full tub to the test to see what happens.

  29. RPM or Assault

  30. Ive been using sizeon mp during training, it has 40g of carbs, seems to help in the endurance department. After my tub runs out ill be using peptopro with bcaa during training and ill compare recovery and endurance effects. I never know what is worth my money or not anymore lol.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best workout for size and strength?
    By paul3371 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
  2. My Strength, Muscle Mass and Super Set Workout
    By Jaw Breaker in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 03:00 AM
  3. New strength workout, critique please
    By AM07 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 10:14 AM
  4. A pump/weakness grip strength problem mid-workout
    By Rictor33 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 02:49 AM
  5. Looking for a good strength building workout
    By elijah_123 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Log in
Log in