90's supplements that did not work. You might laugh. Add yours own that you remember

formerlyacat

Awards
When I was a teenager in the early and middle 1990’s, there were very few companies selling supplements. Before you could order online you requested a catalog from the back of a muscle mag. I was such an idiot, but so was everyone who ordered products. I read Muscle Media magazines like it was the bible. Back then, if you really wanted to know your stuff, you bought World Anabolic Review 1994 Edition. Bill Phillips figured out what a euphemism was and explained it to his readers, so of course I would explain that word to everyone. Anyways here are few products you might remember.
Cybergenics - worthless pills and a crappy routine, but had to have it.
Hot stuff – OMG, do you remember everyone said it had steroids in it? Did it? lol
Wieder mega mass 2000 - one gallon of pre-vomit. All Wieder products were horrible.
OKG - Ornathine Alpha-keto Gluterate..
Russian Bear - Cool logo on the front. Great for cleaning your bowels.
Boron- another Russian propaganda drug.
Mummie
Glandular extracts
Smilex, serum used under the tongue.
Sportpharma's Vanadyl PH-Little blue pill.:tragedy: what a marketing campaign for this product. If you want blue veins all over your body it works. My Mother went crazy when she saw me, and the dumb ass that I was I told my Mom this is cool vascularity.
Chromium Picolinate- Hugh products for everyone.

In the late 80's I also tried Dibencozide and Gamma Oryzano in Middle school because I read a book called Shredded.
If anyone remember any old supplements you can add to this.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I was a teenager in the early and middle 1990’s, there were very few companies selling supplements. Before you could order online you requested a catalog from the back of a muscle mag. I was such an idiot, but so was everyone who ordered products. I read Muscle Media magazines like it was the bible. Back then, if you really wanted to know your stuff, you bought World Anabolic Review 1994 Edition. Bill Phillips figured out what a euphemism was and explained it to his readers, so of course I would explain that word to everyone. Anyways here are few products you might remember.
Cybergenics - worthless pills and a crappy routine, but had to have it.
Hot stuff – OMG, do you remember everyone said it had steroids in it? Did it? lol
Wieder mega mass 2000 - one gallon of pre-vomit. All Wieder products were horrible.
OKG - Ornathine Alpha-keto Gluterate..
Russian Bear - Cool logo on the front. Great for cleaning your bowels.
Boron- another Russian propaganda drug.
Mummie
Glandular extracts
Smilex, serum used under the tongue.
Sportpharma's Vanadyl PH-Little blue pill.:tragedy: what a marketing campaign for this product. If you want blue veins all over your body it works. My Mother went crazy when she saw me, and the dumb ass that I was I told my Mom this is cool vascularity.
Chromium Picolinate- Hugh products for everyone.

In the late 80's I also tried Dibencozide and Gamma Oryzano in Middle school because I read a book called Shredded.
If anyone remember any old supplements you can add to this.
Pre-Digested Amino Acids- tasted horrible and did not do crap, lol

formerlyacat

Awards
Pre-Digested Amino Acids. Yep remember that. lol

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Dump?

n87

Awards
  • Established
Most of EAS line of product.

formerlyacat

Awards
Designer Protein, Cytomax-- protein circa 93 suppose to be the best
Metrx- only meal replacement in early 90's

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you guys talking about liquid pre digested aminos from weider? the shiit that was red and tasted like something you vomited, lol.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
many people believe that hot stuff did have steroids in it, Methyltestosterone. Thats the rumor on the net these days anyway.

formerlyacat

Awards
weight gainers were filled with sugar and somehow still tasted like horrible.

formerlyacat

Awards
oh yeah forgot another favorite. Liver tabs are definitely old school.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
andro was available in drugstores for under $10.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Funny my dad said hot stuff had steroids in it... Said he gained 15lbs in like a months time

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used weider plain protein powder. To the kids in this thread: this is more of a thread for people your dads age. Don't mention recent supplements. The original poster stated that he wanted to talk about supplements from the early 90's. Many of you may not have been old enough to use the toilet on your own at that time so don't bother replying.

Sorry I just hate when threads go off track. Like when some starts a thread about Protein and if you look on page 3 somehow they are talking about Jello Wrestling.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
haha, I remember going into a Nutrition Store up in MI when I was a junior in HS & the dude told me to take Yohimbe bark, Sterol Complex, Gamma O, & Mega Mass!!! WTF!! You wanna talk about a raging friggin hard on!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
supps that DID work:
ripped fuel -twinlab
ripped something by abb, that stuff was strong.

the old ephedra formulas were very good-much better than bronkaid, imo.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
those myostatin supps. like myo-blast. Also a 2nd vote for gamma-o, thought I was the only one who remembered that crap.

formerlyacat

Awards
Thanks T-Bone for saying what I was thinking.

formerlyacat

Awards
The reason i even started this thread was I was cleaning out my parents old house and I found some old yohimbe in my worthless late 80's baseball cards, and it said on the label yohimbe naturally contained 10% methyl testosterone, put underneath the tongue. expiration 3/93 This was before it was used as a fat burner. This brought up nostalgic thoughts of the past. And yes many supplements that do work were started in that era, which I still take today. AND NO I did not use it, I threw it away and called an old friend. I do not remember this, but my friend said we use to take a few drops of it before we went to a party or club in case we met any ladies. My friend was laughing so much because he told me about an incident when I passed out at a party on someone couch, and in my pants was wood and people at the party were taking pictures. Was it because of yohimbe, I do not know because when your younger you know! It must be noted I do not remember being successful very much with women.
When my friends come over for drinks, now a days, we reminisce about all the girls we were with when we were younger and I am always like oh yeah i remember that. But in my mind I am like I do not remember getting girls all the time until I got a little more fat on me in college, and cared a little less about what I looked like.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GHB purchased at your local GNC. DANG those were good old the days! :D

formerlyacat

Awards
The signs of boron deficiency in animals vary in nature and severity as the dietary content of aluminum, calcium, cholecalciferol, magnesium, methionine and potassium is varied. Variables affected by dietary boron include plasma and organ calcium and magnesium concentrations, plasma alkaline phosphatase, and bone calcification. Two studies showing a response to boron deprivation in humans have been reported. The first, on postmenopausal women housed in a metabolic unit, indicated that a low boron diet (0.25 mg/2000 kcal) elevated urinary excretion of calcium and magnesium, and depressed serum concentrations of 17fl-estradiol and ionized calcium. The second, in which five men, nine postmenopausal women (five on estrogen therapy) and one premenopausal woman were fed a low-magnesium, marginal copper diet, showed that plasma ionized calcium and serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol were lower and serum calcitonin and osteocalcin were higher during boron depletion (0.23 mg/2000 kcal) than during boron repletion. Brain function was affected in these 15 adults; electroencephalograms indicated that they were less mentally alert during boron depletion than during boron repletion. In these experiments the first 21 days of depletion were not included in the statistical analyses because there were no apparent changes in variables of interest. Peace et al. also failed to find any significant effects in postmenopausal women fed a low-boron diet (0.33 mg/day) for 21 days.

I bet in 10 years Boron will be like going to the drug store and seeing extended release Niacin or Fish oil. Once it is forgotten that is when the intelligent marketing campaigns starts. Did it work? Of course not. lol

formerlyacat

Awards
MCT- medium chain triglycerides. I actually would drink this before I worked out.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ultimate Orange-- loved it, and it worked! Rumor said it had clen in it.

The worthless stuff...
Octocosanol
Plant sterols/sterol complex
The Beast
And many more I can't remember...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
who remembers when xenadrine came out?? Wow I feel old...

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
Hey I actually loved hot stuff!!! I remember i bought some arnold schwarzaneggar pills off of some magazine that just made me sleepy...what crap! Oh and ripped fuel almost made my heart pop out of my chest!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In The mid to late 80s I was a teenager and first started lifting and taking supplements with my dad. He liked to get everything weider. He had the protein, aminos, and even the multivitamin little individual daily packs. I remember the protein he had tasted like death and clumped up real bad. Then reading through his muscle and fitness magazine, I came across cybergenics....it was the answer I was looking for!! The holy Grail!! Next stop....Olympia!! Well that stuff was complete garbage and with like a 150$ price tag too if I remember right...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey I actually loved hot stuff!!! I remember i bought some arnold schwarzaneggar pills off of some magazine that just made me sleepy...what crap! Oh and ripped fuel almost made my heart pop out of my chest!
hell yeah-ripped fuel kickedass!!!!:eek:p:

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
There are just as many things people keep talking about now that dont work.

In 10 years there are at least 3 things on the main page of this board right this second I can point to we will be laughing about :p

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude, that's friggin' hilarious!!! I joined the Marines in '93. I remember a buddy of mine, right after boot camp bought that total package!! I literally lmao!! I guess I knew better by then..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are just as many things people keep talking about now that dont work.

In 10 years there are at least 3 things on the main page of this board right this second I can point to we will be laughing about :p

Creatine Nitrate. Hahaha!. Remember that stuff?. It sure did give a pump, but thats about all it did!

Wheyfocused

Awards
  • Established
Creatine Nitrate. Hahaha!. Remember that stuff?. It sure did give a pump, but thats about all it did!
I wouldnt group Creatine Nitrate into the completely worthless category as it's a fine form of creatine

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
the old larry scott protein powder with boron and chromium in it( can't remember the name, circa 94) tasted like drinking bread dough with water. i was all over the hot stuff and ultimate orange

imjuschillin

Awards
The plant sterols, lol.
Hey whoa!... is this the same stuff Universal sells/makes? Natural sterol complex or soemthing like that???

I just ask cuz I actually researched that, on this board, other boards, review sites about 3 months ago, and a lot of peeps said it had noticable effects while on it...? (hardning, vascularity, some strength gains from what i recall readin'...)

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey whoa!... is this the same stuff Universal sells/makes? Natural sterol complex or soemthing like that???

I just ask cuz I actually researched that, on this board, other boards, review sites about 3 months ago, and a lot of peeps said it had noticable effects while on it...? (hardning, vascularity, some strength gains from what i recall readin'...)
Not sure, but the labels used to boldly proclaim "Plant Sterols" in huge letters, circa 1996-1998. Off the top of my head I think Body Fortress (at Vitamin World) and Challenge (old GNC brand before Pro Performance) made them...

antknee02

antknee02

Awards
i used a lot of the larry scott stuff..total crap. vandal sulfate sucked. gamma whatever..bull ball extract- didnt try that one, lol...

but! we dad have legal effy and andro products cheap...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GQdaLEGEND Serious Nutrition Solutions 6
Weight Loss 15
Anabolics 5
hvactech General Chat 28
Alexander General Chat 9