hcgenerate never again

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
wow the nerve of ntbm to offer pre sale of this for $99. ive always liked the product and gave it great reviews but hes out of his mind selling a t-booster for 100 bucks. i will never buy a ntbm product again due to this price gouging.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
That's a major about-face for you. IIRC, you were a huge fan, no?
yes i was. what hes selling it for now is insulting and mildly criminal. i guess there will be plenty of morons out there that will pay $100 for a t-booster though. hell man thats 10x more than i pay for my test

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I commented in another thread about this practice they have of raising prices based on product availability and demand. That practice is ridiculous can you even imagine a company like AI Sports, DS, AX or really any reputable supplement company doing this? This practice alone would keep me from ever buying any of their products.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I commented in another thread about this practice they have of raising prices based on product availability and demand. That practice is ridiculous can you even imagine a company like AI Sports, DS, AX or really any reputable supplement company doing this? This practice alone would keep me from ever buying any of their products.
precisely why i will never buy from them again.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
$100 :thumbsdown: It sells for £60 in the UK and sold out, I don't care if I had money to burn, would not pay this much.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow the nerve of ntbm to offer pre sale of this for $99. ive always liked the product and gave it great reviews but hes out of his mind selling a t-booster for 100 bucks. i will never buy a ntbm product again due to this price gouging.
Man I understand the concern for the price and what you are saying but the price point is strictly there as a service to those that want to guarantee themselves a bottle before it comes back in stock, since there was a good number of people that wasn't able to get any the last couple times since it sold out so quickly.

For those that don't want to pay the higher presale price, HCGenerate will return to its normal price once it is in stock, but availability can not be guaranteed obviously.

There will be others that have issues with the price point and with good reason, but it can be tricky sometimes trying to balance supply and demand while keeping all of your customers happy.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Man I understand the concern for the price and what you are saying but the price point is strictly there as a service to those that want to guarantee themselves a bottle before it comes back in stock, since there was a good number of people that wasn't able to get any the last couple times since it sold out so quickly.

For those that don't want to pay the higher presale price, HCGenerate will return to its normal price once it is in stock, but availability can not be guaranteed obviously.

There will be others that have issues with the price point and with good reason, but it can be tricky sometimes trying to balance supply and demand while keeping all of your customers happy.
no ntbm is plain and simple ripping their customers off, big time. you say the price will come down after pre sale so why not have it lowered to begin with? well you answered it yourself. balancing supply and demand but ntbm isnt balancing anything they are price gouging. the sad part is there are many ntbm a$$ kissers out there that will pay that price. to each his own i guess.

even if the price drops after presale ill never buy from them again. you dont "take care of your customers" by charging them nearly double for a product because you know its gonna sell out.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no ntbm is plain and simple ripping their customers off, big time. you say the price will come down after pre sale so why not have it lowered to begin with? well you answered it yourself. balancing supply and demand but ntbm isnt balancing anything they are price gouging. the sad part is there are many ntbm a$$ kissers out there that will pay that price. to each his own i guess.

even if the price drops after presale ill never buy from them again. you dont "take care of your customers" by charging them nearly double for a product because you know its gonna sell out.
Need to does take care of his customers and you have always been a great one. We don't want to lose that and I have heard what you are saying and I have directed your concerns to the right people and hopefully we can come to a better understanding on this issue.

I know you have waited for HCGenerate for some time as I've seen your posts in other threads. I will talk to Nate and see if there is something we can do for you.

We don't want to lose you bro!

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I understand the concern for the price and what you are saying but the price point is strictly there as a service to those that want to guarantee themselves a bottle before it comes back in stock.
That's BullSh.t,Why can't you just pay the regular price pre sale, be put on the Backorder list and then be assured to get the product when it comes in. Charging $100 is a way to rip off loyal customers who really love Hcgenerate, have no where else to get it,and can't wait to get some more. IMO

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I hope your Mr Supps sale can make up for this

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Supply and Demand - I've noticed that HC Generate never stays in stock - very high demand - not enough supply. In these cases it IS wise to jack the price up.

Now, here's the kicker - it won't stay at $99.00 if people don't buy it - in that case, the "Supply and Demand" factors have been reversed and the price must come down.

It'll all work out in the end. Did I like HC Generate? Sure. Would I buy it for $99.00? Nope.

However - maybe someone out there will buy it for that much.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supply and Demand - I've noticed that HC Generate never stays in stock - very high demand - not enough supply. In these cases it IS wise to jack the price up.

Now, here's the kicker - it won't stay at $99.00 if people don't buy it - in that case, the "Supply and Demand" factors have been reversed and the price must come down.

It'll all work out in the end. Did I like HC Generate? Sure. Would I buy it for $99.00? Nope.

I hear you it's just business, but when companies try to screw their loyal customers. They become dead to me.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established

I understand what you're saying because I love this supplement too. I won't pay $99 for it and if there is some left after it comes in stock I'll probably order a couple of bottles.

That said, I don't believe N2BM is screwing their customers by allowing them to pay more for it if they want it that bad. This is my favorite all around supplement and I won't pay that much for it. But, some will. They don't have to. They choose to. If enough people choose to then the price will be justified. If not then there will be plenty left for those of us who don't choose to pay that much for the guarantee of availability. That's supply and demand.

This is the only supplement I've ever seen them do this with. It obviously hard for them to keep in stock. So, whether you're happy about it or not I think they're just trying to find a way to ensure that the people who REALLY want it get it. A lot of people hoard it when it does come in and some never get a chance to get it.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I hear you it's just business, but when companies try to screw their loyal customers. They become dead to me.
I definitely hear you. I went through a similar thing with Fender guitars a few years ago when they suddenly jacked the price of their American made line up $300 dollars in one year. Let's look at that ... an American Standard Telecaster that went for $900 was suddenly jacked to $1200 in one year!

Well - Fender lost a lot of customers who were just pissed beyond belief that Fender would do that to loyal customers. Most of us just switched to the Mexican line of Fenders - which were still under $500.00 - but many left Fender and went for Jackson guitars and other makes.

It hurt Fender.

Well - you can now buy an American Standard Telecaster for $999.00 - which is only about $100 more than it sold before their $300 price hike.

It all balances out - but I don't think it was a good decision for Fender.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established

agree with what your saying business wise. but dont in the same text say that he is taking care of his customers. that he is not doing

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I understand what you're saying because I love this supplement too. I won't pay $99 for it and if there is some left after it comes in stock I'll probably order a couple of bottles.

That said, I don't believe N2BM is screwing their customers by allowing them to pay more for it if they want it that bad. This is my favorite all around supplement and I won't pay that much for it. But, some will. They don't have to. They choose to. If enough people choose to then the price will be justified. If not then there will be plenty left for those of us who don't choose to pay that much for the guarantee of availability. That's supply and demand.

This is the only supplement I've ever seen them do this with. It obviously hard for them to keep in stock. So, whether you're happy about it or not I think they're just trying to find a way to ensure that the people who REALLY want it get it. A lot of people hoard it when it does come in and some never get a chance to get it.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.
i like that part where you say you dont believe ntbm is screwing their customers. of course you would say that since you are a mod over at ntbm

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like that part where you say you dont believe ntbm is screwing their customers. of course you would say that since you are a mod over at ntbm
I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I am a Mod over there but I get nothing for it. I'm not a rep and I'm not compensated for modding the board. I pay the same for supps as anyone else and I don't get anything for free or even at a different discount. I mod over there to help out because I like the people on the board. Simple as that.

Maybe you should read what I wrote again.

"That said, I don't believe N2BM is screwing their customers by allowing them to pay more for it if they want it that bad. This is my favorite all around supplement and I won't pay that much for it. But, some will. They don't have to. They choose to. If enough people choose to then the price will be justified. If not then there will be plenty left for those of us who don't choose to pay that much for the guarantee of availability. That's supply and demand. "

"That's just my opinion for what it's worth."

Apparently my opinion isn't worth much to you and that's fine. I'm just putting my opinion on the matter out there.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
$99 is high, Use Needto139 to take $15 off. 85 is still expensive, but it's my understanding that HCGenerate is unmatched in terms of quality? Regardless of the price I'm sure it'll sell out

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Comparing what ntbm is doing with what is done in another industry is very tenuous at best it is simply not something that is done in the industry they are in. Name one other supplement company that conducts business this way and maybe I'll feel differently.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have used hcgen and bridge. Nothing too special, waaay over priced, and the owner's attitude just plain blows. All reason enough not to buy anymore Ntbm. At 99 a bottle they need to bl*w me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, things just blew up in here, huh?

I'll tell you this, several of the reps had the exact same reaction, initially, when seeing the price jump in the website. The change happened while Nate was in the process of typing up his letter to inform us / everyone of what was going on.

The bottom line is this, it has been ridiculously hard to keep the product in stock because people love it and it works. That being said, some people have never had the chance to try it or those that have and have been wanting it as part of a PCT of a cycle they've had planned and don't want to screw their cycles up can take advantage of this.

Why not keep the price the same for the pre-sale? Because we'd be right back where we were to begin with, having it sold out in the blink of an eye. Now we're back to square one.

As a business, is there some profit to be made from this? Sure. It's a business and you can't hide that fact or dust it under the rug, but I'll also say this - has Nate ever let you down? This guy cares more for his customers than anyone I have ever seen. In fact, he put up a post where he explained the cost of making our protein and how small the profit margin actually is. He could have jacked prices up with the rising cost of protein to keep the profit margin higher, but he kept it stable and bit the bullet (while the price of protein doubled on him).

I have always and will continue to trust Nate. I would hope those of you he has taken care of will do the same.

Oh, and yes, the Mr. Supps sale will be absolutely insane.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Name one other supplement company that conducts business this way and maybe I'll feel differently.
Let's not forget all of the times Nate does free promos, sales, and everything else, either, though.

I'm not trying to argue - I never find that to be very productive (particularly online lol) - but I just wanted to make sure that's not overlooked.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Let's not forget all of the times Nate does free promos, sales, and everything else, either, though.

I'm not trying to argue - I never find that to be very productive (particularly online lol) - but I just wanted to make sure that's not overlooked.
I don't know Nate at all he may very well be a great guy but this is still a terrible business practice. Genomyx DCP is sold out everywhere and many people would love to use it as part of their cut for the summer, By this logic when it is brought back in stock it should be jacked up 50% higher because it is an in demand supplement. I know that isn't going to happen though and that's my point.

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From the a business perspective , its logical to bump up the price is the demand is very high. But to bump it up this much, I think it crosses the business ethics line....

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
The bottom line is this, it has been ridiculously hard to keep the product in stock because people love it and it works. That being said, some people have never had the chance to try it or those that have and have been wanting it as part of a PCT of a cycle they've had planned and don't want to screw their cycles up can take advantage of this.

Why not keep the price the same for the pre-sale? Because we'd be right back where we were to begin with, having it sold out in the blink of an eye. Now we're back to square one.
Are you saying that he raised the price so that people that usually buy it out...won't? So that people that usually can't get it...can? What if the people that can't get it...won't pay $100 for it? That only leaves the people that usually do get it...paying $99 for it (though many won't). There seems to be a lot of variables and assumptions in this formula, and it seems like faulty logic to me.

That being said, I fully believe in capitalism, and Need2 has every right to price his products however he so chooses. This isn't gasoline...price gouging doesn't apply here. But if the customer feels he is, in fact, ripping them off, Need2 may lose his repeat customers for a very long time. And considering a large section of the customer base for these types of businesses are repeat customers I'm pretty sure, it seems like a bad business decision, especially considering he would definitely be limiting his influx of new customers, who would be turned off by a $100 price tag for a product they've never tried, especially in this economic environment. But eh, again, it's not my decision. I really do wish him the best of success, and I hope this decision works out for him, although I doubt there would be significant profits to justify this price point. Just my .02!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO, i would have just said "product is out of stock" until more came in

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As someone else already pointed out earlier in this thread, if no one buys it at this price, then all of the units will be available once they're on the shelves at the standard price.

Here's the thing - I wouldn't pay $99 for it, either. But, I don't want to secure a bottle so badly that I would pay $30 more for anything (supplement related or anything else in life).

I certainly feel the concerns. This is just a way to absolutely ensure someone gets a bottle if they want it that badly.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Explain as you will there is really no way to justify it. It's Greed and It's trying to rip customers off.

Reactions: T50
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Needto is the best Guy I have ever seen in this business...period. He gives out more free product and runs more sales than anyone. There are a lot of logs on AM right now of NTBM products that nobody paid a dime for. And he is getting ready to give out 2 grand out of his own pocket for the winner of the transformation contest.

People were getting upset about not being able to get HCGenerate from selling out, so this was thrown out there as an option for some to make sure they get some and please more people. If you don't want to pay 99$ a bottle then that is fine. Just wait and buy some at regular price when it gets back in. The problem is you can't please everyone at theame time. If the presale was at regular price then it would be sold out already. Just gives more people the option to purchase that's all..

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you saying that he raised the price so that people that usually buy it out...won't? So that people that usually can't get it...can? What if the people that can't get it...won't pay $100 for it? That only leaves the people that usually do get it...paying $99 for it (though many won't). There seems to be a lot of variables and assumptions in this formula, and it seems like faulty logic to me.

That being said, I fully believe in capitalism, and Need2 has every right to price his products however he so chooses. This isn't gasoline...price gouging doesn't apply here. But if the customer feels he is, in fact, ripping them off, Need2 may lose his repeat customers for a very long time. And considering a large section of the customer base for these types of businesses are repeat customers I'm pretty sure, it seems like a bad business decision, especially considering he would definitely be limiting his influx of new customers, who would be turned off by a $100 price tag for a product they've never tried, especially in this economic environment. But eh, again, it's not my decision. I really do wish him the best of success, and I hope this decision works out for him, although I doubt there would be significant profits to justify this price point. Just my .02!
Good post, man.

And you're right, there are a TON of variables. I certainly see things from the side that you just brought up, as well.

I'm just going with what I know and what I would deduce (just so everyone knows this isn't coming directly from Nate's mouth). All I can say is that, essentially this does 2 things:

1. Gives someone a chance if they want to know for sure they're getting a bottle; rather than getting the e-mail it's back in stock, realizing they're at school, work, etc. and can't make a purchase til later in the day and then all of a sudden it's gone and they have to wait til we get it back in.

2. It's the same as it's been. Price returns to normal after pre-sale and it's physically in stock. Everything goes back to how it was prior.

Again, hear me out - I, personally, wouldn't shell out that much more for a product (but I also have never tried HCGenerate, yet). But I'm also a guy who saves zip-lock bags to reuse them when possible and keeps plastic bags from grocery stores to use as trash bags.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Explain as you will there is really no way to justify it. It's Greed and It's trying to rip customers off.
Personal opinion / view.

I feel that I just explained it.

Again, I don't do e-fights, so know that's not what I'm trying to do here. But I also speak up when I feel something is being overlooked.

pablogdog

pablogdog

Awards
  • Established
As someone else already pointed out earlier in this thread, if no one buys it at this price, then all of the units will be available once they're on the shelves at the standard price.

Here's the thing - I wouldn't pay $99 for it, either.
I'll be suprised if this sells out in presale and am happy to wait and see how it all goes down in the end.:fingersx:

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good post, man.

And you're right, there are a TON of variables. I certainly see things from the side that you just brought up, as well.

I'm just going with what I know and what I would deduce (just so everyone knows this isn't coming directly from Nate's mouth). All I can say is that, essentially this does 2 things:

1. Gives someone a chance if they want to know for sure they're getting a bottle; rather than getting the e-mail it's back in stock, realizing they're at school, work, etc. and can't make a purchase til later in the day and then all of a sudden it's gone and they have to wait til we get it back in.
Then once the people get the hcgenerate that he was so worried that they wouldn't be able to get, he should refund them the difference from the 100dollars to the regular price. Because for nate it wasn't about the money at all, it was about those unfortunate people who were never able to get the hcgenerate because of the other greedy bastards that would buy it so quickly!!:fool2::laugh2:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be suprised if this sells out in presale and am happy to wait and see how it all goes down in the end.:fingersx:
And I hope you get a bottle, bro :)

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
I could definitely name a company that does conduct business the way you describe but I'm not going there because that would be PPretty low ;)
Did your keyboard stutter, or was that just a cheap attempt at diverting the public's attention from the issue at hand?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then once the people get the hcgenerate that he was so worried that they wouldn't be able to get, he should refund them the difference from the 100dollars to the regular price. Because for nate it wasn't about the money at all, it was about those unfortunate people who were never able to get the hcgenerate because of the other greedy bastards that would buy it so quickly!!:fool2::laugh2:
*shrug*

I can only defend something so much.

What I will say is this: in my life, my faith is the most important thing. If it wasn't for that faith, I wouldn't have anything to believe, hope or trust in.

I'm not comparing the level of faith I have in Nate and NTBM to that of the faith I have in God at all - there's nothing that's on that level. However, I do trust Nate and he has never given me a reason to second-guess that. If there has ever been something questionable, he has always had an answer.

So, all that being said, there's no chance I'd throw Nate under the bus.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, I like this. That solves the problem right?? Ntbm gets what they really want, and it's not money. lol

JayV

Banned
Awards
I think it has got to be worth way more than $100.00. According to the NTBM writeup at their own store, this stuff contains 7 mg of ZINK. 7 mg of ZINK I tell you.

Ducati7

Awards
I have no problem with the reps having Nates back...Be F'ed up if they didn't...IMHO still not cool sellling it for that price even with at a 15% discount.
Supply and Demand...who controls the batch?Why would there even be limitations to the estimated amount needed (not get stuck with excess product)and at the same time satisfy the customer?

bowhunter28

bowhunter28

Awards
  • Established
If they don't have problems selling it why are they not running more bottles?

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
If they don't have problems selling it why are they not running more bottles?
I would have to think it's frustrating for them that they can't keep it in stock too. I goes out of stock for very long periods of time which isn't good for business I'm sure. So, I would think if they could get it in bigger batches they would.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What is it EXACTLY that is in hcgen that makes it soo difficult to keep in stock? I am not bashing the formula, but the ingredients do not appear to be anything that impossible to source/keep in stock.

Also for the ntbm reps who keep saying this price change (butt plowing) is to help customers who have never tried it have a chance if they really really want to by paying $100 a bottle. Why not just put a limit per customer? Everybody can,only get 3 a month or something like that. In the line of using logic and good business ethics that makes WAY more sense then charging the ridiculous price of $100 bucks for one bottle.

Also the PP comment is hysterical, because even before it was made I was thinking that the TRS stack is close to the same price but you get three different supplements vs one bottle. That one is a no brainer. Anyway, I will try my best to stop there bc I know I am being negative and overall negativity is a waste of time. I will just state that I am not too shocked at this price "adjustment" based on the owner's demeanor and how ntbm has presented itself since they came to the AM board.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Lol this thread makes hcgenerate sound like the holy grail of supplements.

There are many other effective alternatives for less than half the price e.g. DAA

Sadly there are plenty of people who will jump on the $100 price.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established