looking for a cort blocker you don't have to cycle

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

looking for a cort blocker you don't have to cycle

So yah, I'm looking for a decent enough method of blocking cortisol that you don't have to cycle and can just take as a standard part of your supp regimen. I like erase, but you have to cycle it (or you should) Maybe something a bit more natural. Is 4-5g of vit c enough to achieve this goal?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    So yah, I'm looking for a decent enough method of blocking cortisol that you don't have to cycle and can just take as a standard part of your supp regimen. I like erase, but you have to cycle it (or you should) Maybe something a bit more natural. Is 4-5g of vit c enough to achieve this goal?
    vit c is a great way to reduce cortisol, i can't say for sure, but i don't think you'll find a supplement company that would recommend a cort product that can be run forever....maybe throw in some green tea extract as well
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If you're going to use a specific cortisol control product it's recommended to have time off every now and then, no matter the product. EndoAmp Max is one product that you might use as a staple. Vitamin C you can use as a staple, and I do, having 4-6 grams a day. What is going to be enough re cortisol control is also going to vary between individuals, and even using high-dosing Vitamin C perpetually, you can cycle on and off specific cortisol control products as recommended.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Any hormone modulating product has to be cycled, otherwise it loses effectiveness due to your body's homeostasis catching up and fighting against it
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.81%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Any hormone modulating product has to be cycled, otherwise it loses effectiveness due to your body's homeostasis catching up and fighting against it
    Suicide inhibitors. Not sure there are any natural ones though...
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Suicide inhibitors. Not sure there are any natural ones though...

really? suicide inhibitors are cortisol blockers? I mean obviously I know they are AI's and all, but I did not know they also reduce cortisol. Is this only for suicide inhibitors as opposed to regular AI's, or both?
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.81%

really? suicide inhibitors are cortisol blockers? I mean obviously I know they are AI's and all, but I did not know they also reduce cortisol. Is this only for suicide inhibitors as opposed to regular AI's, or both?
    Sorry I was referring to only his post regarding hormonal inhibitors.
    ForeRunner Labs

8. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

A suicide inhibitor doesnt mean an AI, it is a way a compound in general inhibits a receptor, in general. Its just that in the bodybuilding community the only common suicide inhibitor spoken about are suicide AIs

I dont know of any suicide cortisol inhibitors. Even a suicide inhibitors wont keep equal effectiveness forever, unless you keep increasing the dose. You body will produce more of the precursing hormone. Homeostasis

Only way a suicide AI will remain effective at the same dose is if you are are TRT
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  9. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%

From my experience at least
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.81%

Why do you want to inhibit cortisol all the time? Cortisol has such a bad rap on these forums.
    ForeRunner Labs

11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

Why do you want to inhibit cortisol all the time? Cortisol has such a bad rap on these forums.
    I don't want to completely destroy it. I guess I should have clarified I just want something I can take permanently that makes sure it stays at a decent level.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

A suicide inhibitor doesnt mean an AI, it is a way a compound in general inhibits a receptor, in general. Its just that in the bodybuilding community the only common suicide inhibitor spoken about are suicide AIs

I dont know of any suicide cortisol inhibitors. Even a suicide inhibitors wont keep equal effectiveness forever, unless you keep increasing the dose. You body will produce more of the precursing hormone. Homeostasis

Only way a suicide AI will remain effective at the same dose is if you are are TRT
    They are given to women with breast cancer for years on end, no?
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.76%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I don't want to completely destroy it. I guess I should have clarified I just want something I can take permanently that makes sure it stays at a decent level.
    EndoAmp is your best bet imo.

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.8%

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    EndoAmp is your best bet imo.
    This or vitamin C is the best in terms of being a non-hormonal solution.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

I think I'll stick with my vit C. Cheap, effective, no sides to worry about, plus all the other benefits it gives.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.57%

This. I would recommend cycling two different cortisol modulators as their mechanisms of action may be different and homeostasis could be averted even after prolonged use. Just a theory though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    If you're going to use a specific cortisol control product it's recommended to have time off every now and then, no matter the product. EndoAmp Max is one product that you might use as a staple. Vitamin C you can use as a staple, and I do, having 4-6 grams a day. What is going to be enough re cortisol control is also going to vary between individuals, and even using high-dosing Vitamin C perpetually, you can cycle on and off specific cortisol control products as recommended.

~Rosie~
    I would definitely say maybe using EndoAmp for 4 weeks, followed by 4 weeks of vitamin C, and then keep going that way. 2 weeks off won't hurt much tbh in terms of normal cortisol levels.

Is your cortisol high or...?
    Celtic Labs Rep
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.65%

Vit c and green tea Egcg
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    This. I would recommend cycling two different cortisol modulators as their mechanisms of action may be different and homeostasis could be averted even after prolonged use. Just a theory though.

I would definitely say maybe using EndoAmp for 4 weeks, followed by 4 weeks of vitamin C, and then keep going that way. 2 weeks off won't hurt much tbh in terms of normal cortisol levels.

Is your cortisol high or...?

morning a.m is 27.5ug/dl (6.2-19.4)
  19. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Agreed!

By trying to limit cortisol chronically the body will probably loose its own natural ability to naturally control cortisol on its own.

Both anabolic androgens and cortisol play their roles in in recuperation, preventing muscle wasting, and enhancing tissue repair.

This isnt to say cortisol is great but that I dont think one should try and limit it year round. The reason why exercise helps many reduce stress is due to the cortisol wave that occurs.

IMO it is fine to use a cortisol product once in a while like for helping to drop some weight or during PCT, but year round inhibiting cortisol, or any biological process, can compromise the bodys ability to function and lead to metabolic problems down the road.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

I don't doubt you in the least. It's certainly not the first time I've heard/read this. Can you elaborate a bit on why this would be the case?

It isn't quite clicking with my brain, lol. I mean test is test. Whether your body is producing a level of 700ng, or you take shots to put yourself at the level, the end result is that your test level is 700, (or whatever value you wanna use as an example) the effects of inhibiting the aromitizing of it would seem to be the same in either case to me.
  21. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.61%

I don't doubt you in the least. It's certainly not the first time I've heard/read this. Can you elaborate a bit on why this would be the case?

It isn't quite clicking with my brain, lol. I mean test is test. Whether your body is producing a level of 700ng, or you take shots to put yourself at the level, the end result is that your test level is 700, (or whatever value you wanna use as an example) the effects of inhibiting the aromitizing of it would seem to be the same in either case to me.
    Taking synthetic test is not the same as producing the same level naturally. When you look at it on paper it is, but in reality it is not. When you take test, the pathway to producing test naturally is suppressed.

When you are altering your natural levels of something, homeostasis will always act to try to bring your body back to how it was before whatever drug or substance you started taking was

I guess its hard to explain or get your head around:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeostasis
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%

no,no I got you bro. That makes a bit more sense to me now. Thanks for the explanation

Similar Forum Threads

1. When to start Cort Blocker?
    By Mike1605 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
  2. Would you say a cort. blocker is a must in pct?
    By tryin2 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 10:48 AM
  3. Cort Blocker During PCT
    By drewh10987 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:16 PM